Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4208 4209 [4210] 4211 4212 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438395 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63135 on: June 25, 2013, 02:52:37 am »

Had to kill a little birdie my dog had in her mouth. A cat probably caught it, and she stole it. She'd managed to tear a hole in its back, and it wasn't moving readily, so I wanted to use a knife to slit it's throat, but ended up snapping it's neck because the knife was too dull.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63136 on: June 25, 2013, 09:04:38 am »

Had to kill a little birdie my dog had in her mouth. A cat probably caught it, and she stole it. She'd managed to tear a hole in its back, and it wasn't moving readily, so I wanted to use a knife to slit it's throat, but ended up snapping it's neck because the knife was too dull.
Honestly, the neck snap seems like the quicker kill. If you had slit its throat it would have bled out pretty quick, but compare that to the instantaneous death of a snapped neck. It's not something I know for sure, but it just seems like it would be the case.
In any case, poor birdie. :<

10:00.  Time to go to bed.  Have to get up at 5:00 tomorrow, not enough sleep but that's inconsequential.  Commute starts at 6:00.  Arrive at 8:00 (plan for delays), work starts at 8:30, off work at 4:00 or 4:30, home at 7:00, 2 hours to self.  Maybe.

*throws hands in air*

This is stupid!
Indeed. A 2 hour commute? That's gotta be hell...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #63137 on: June 25, 2013, 09:10:36 am »

I feel kinda bad for having a 4 minute commute now:S

I guess that's just a perk of being a student and having low expectations of living places...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #63138 on: June 25, 2013, 11:02:34 am »

I an going to be like 23 or 24 when I gradute college. :/
This is assuming I get into college as soon as I graduate highschool, and don't retake any courses.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63139 on: June 25, 2013, 11:08:58 am »

I feel kinda bad for having a 4 minute commute now:S

I guess that's just a perk of being a student and having low expectations of living places...

I too have a two hour commute to uni.

Problem is, there's no rentals to be had for whatever price.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #63140 on: June 25, 2013, 11:10:17 am »

This is assuming I get into college as soon as I graduate highschool, and don't retake any courses.

That is pretty normal. My second graduation (the one that allowed me to get a career) was a month before my 28th birthday.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63141 on: June 25, 2013, 11:19:47 am »

That is pretty normal. My second graduation (the one that allowed me to get a career) was a month before my 28th birthday.
I'll be getting to my first college graduation (Associate's Degree) just before my 30th birthday. Hang in there, you're doing fine.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63142 on: June 25, 2013, 03:29:29 pm »

I'll be getting to my first college graduation (Associate's Degree) just before my 30th birthday. Hang in there, you're doing fine.
I went straight HS->College at 18. I'm now 23 and will not be graduating in the near future. It's no big thing.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #63143 on: June 25, 2013, 03:46:31 pm »

i need to take some time off, got to focus on work and get shit done.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63144 on: June 25, 2013, 03:53:52 pm »

I am SO FUCKING BORED auuuuugh welcome to the working world Vector, welcome welcome.
I don't know about you, but things never really got better for me post-college.  You may want to gird yourself.

I went straight HS->College at 18. I'm now 23 and will not be graduating in the near future. It's no big thing.
Is there really some sort of age-stigma thing associated with college?  I got my Master's at 24.  My buddy that I went to college with got his Bachelor's at 26 (he had 4 years in military).  One guy who was a graduate assistant with me was in his 60s if he was a day.  At the community college I got my Associate's at, there were a high number of "non-standard students". 

I don't really see any problem with any of this.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63145 on: June 25, 2013, 03:56:35 pm »

I realized this morning that I actually miss living in that adult group home I moved out of earlier this month because I have no one to socialize with most days living on my own. At least there by this time of the day I would have had enough conversations to drive me into my room, but here in this one bedroom apartment I am now renting I'm lucky if I get to speak to one person for maybe five minutes on a given day. It's depressing and somewhat maddening. I don't even remember what my own voice sounds like.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #63146 on: June 25, 2013, 07:38:12 pm »

I don't even remember what my own voice sounds like.
Might I suggest Shakespeare? Singing in general, play acting, opera, whatever. I chatter and limerick to myself pretty regularly when there's no one else around. Keeps the voice nice and limber for when you have to talk to other people.

At least insofar as hearing your own voice goes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #63147 on: June 25, 2013, 07:45:12 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63148 on: June 25, 2013, 07:56:02 pm »

So, I can see how the too much bread diet could be bad, but the botulism part I have a hard time believing. Maybe in a super crowded public city lake, but then there is so many other source of pollution that the duck must be some kind of mutant superbreed to survive anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #63149 on: June 25, 2013, 07:57:14 pm »

Meh. My ducks sit in a lake, they're fine. In addition, the crabs and carp eat anything that falls to the lake bed. It's been strange, seeing that lake for so long that I've actually seen a cross-breed of 3 duck species appear.

So, I can see how the too much bread diet could be bad, but the botulism part I have a hard time believing. Maybe in a super crowded public city lake, but then there is so many other source of pollution that the duck must be some kind of mutant superbreed to survive anyway.
Much more likely to happen in a small pond. In a lake, the only thing that could really pose a threat disease-wise are parasites or toxic algae.
Pages: 1 ... 4208 4209 [4210] 4211 4212 ... 8167