Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4166 4167 [4168] 4169 4170 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439805 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #62505 on: June 06, 2013, 10:34:01 am »

Mispost
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #62506 on: June 06, 2013, 12:37:08 pm »

-snip-
I am in agreement with you on every single one of those things. Especially having a streamlined inventory, and awkward controls.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62507 on: June 06, 2013, 07:33:23 pm »

Solifuge, contact Notch or at least Mojang.

Notch liked your work enough to send you an email. If they have room for a spriter I'm sure that they would love to have you on their team. They aren't going to stop at Minecraft, so see if you can be part of their future.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62508 on: June 06, 2013, 11:33:06 pm »

I have fucked up so many job interviews by being late to them and had them still say "sure, come on over, we want to talk to you."  Like, when there was no reason for that at all and I was basically underqualified for the position.  Go for it.  People want to hire.  Certain jobs really don't care that much if you're late once or twice, and I'll willing to bet that Notch is one of those jobs, especially if you act Extraordinarily Enthusiastic about the Opportunity and go "hey bro, looks like the job of a lifetime," which I'm sure you will.  I've got faith in you.  Keep trying.  Everything sucks, but we've got to just keep trying anyway.

I am full of chiggers.  Back to hot California weather, where I can feel the little buggers burrowing into my flesh again.  Couldn't feel them where I got them, thought I had finally gained some sort of resistance.  Also have been pulling ticks out of my hair and loins.

God, I hate Missouri.  Or rather, the Missouri I experienced.  That being the "All people should have years of military training," sticking fingers in your face and demanding information on whether or not I was wearing makeup/had dyed my hair/etc., "women are incapable of authority and must be subservient to their husbands" part of Missouri.

Fucking hell.  I'm so glad to be home.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62509 on: June 06, 2013, 11:57:40 pm »

Today is impending doom day! Not only the circumstances are forcing me to go through a test I'm sure I've already failed before even starting (doing my best to take it easy, though), I've arrived here almost on cue with the janitor (a whole half hour early, surprisingly). Goddamn did they put a lot of locks here. Oh, and my quirky headphones are breaking utterly, with the left one already lost and right barely holding on, and I've got to catch another ride to Buttfuckistan since I'm needed there. Fun day ahead, wondering why I even got out of bed...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62510 on: June 07, 2013, 02:19:54 am »

What I thought was going to be my hot date with Hipster Girl for tonight never panned out.

She calls me saying she's having a rough day and is busy, and when I probe her trying to find out what exactly is the holdup she almost breaks down on me. Apparently she has some serious depressive emotional issues she's struggling with. I empathize with her the best I can, but I'm not sure what to do...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #62511 on: June 07, 2013, 02:23:58 am »

Ooh.
Try to comfort her?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62512 on: June 07, 2013, 02:26:50 am »

Ooh.
Try to comfort her?

I'm being really vague here, but that's just because I don't know the whole story yet and I don't want to pass off anything untrue around here. But yeah, I totally understand the kind of feelings she's telling me about, and I want to comfort her. I told her a little about my own past and how down I used to always be. By the end of our conversation she thanked me for being supportive, but ultimately she just wanted to be left alone for tonight.

I guess I just have to do some thinking on where me and her are going with this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #62513 on: June 07, 2013, 02:28:58 am »

Yeah, pretty much all you can do with they kind of situation is be there for them.
Well, and make it clear that you will be; they sometimes miss that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62514 on: June 07, 2013, 03:29:29 am »

The good: I found out a girl that I've been trying to woo was interested in me.
The bad: was.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #62515 on: June 07, 2013, 10:56:38 am »

My cat had to have all his teeth removed. He has cat HIV and he's been having severe toothflesh infection, so they had to be pulled out. It makes me sad to see him laying here on the floor, still half-sedated. He tried to walk a bit, but couldn't and laid down again. Poor guy. I hope he'll be fine.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #62516 on: June 07, 2013, 11:02:36 am »

I don't see how a cat without his teeth can be fine...

And now I am sad for your cat.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #62517 on: June 07, 2013, 11:47:25 am »

Well, the vet said that he would be fine without teeth. And it's only his back teeth anyway. Still, it's pretty sad to see him like this. He's generally pretty arrogant.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #62518 on: June 07, 2013, 01:41:30 pm »

my dog had to get her back tooth removed because it was rotting.
she is 14. and a big dog.
she has arthritis in her back legs.
a cancerous tumour on her face.
she is probably going to die soon..
ive lived with her since i was 2.
it makes me sad to think about it.
but she still acts like she is a puppy even though she is old.
it makes me happy to see her about but sad because i know that later on in the day she will be barely able to move..
:(

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62519 on: June 07, 2013, 03:04:59 pm »

I am under insane amounts of stress right now. I have not slept well for the entire month of May. Mentally and emotionaly, I have devolved into an obnoxious 12 year-old. I have alienated several of my friends already.

3 days to go...
Pages: 1 ... 4166 4167 [4168] 4169 4170 ... 8167