Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4092 4093 [4094] 4095 4096 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442992 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61395 on: May 03, 2013, 08:40:55 pm »

I am feeling, really lonely today. Like there is no one I know who gives a damn about me, other then my cat. Which is essentially true,  as I have only my mom and sister to talk to or who might care, and they are being annoying and patronizing respectively.

It's a depressing feeling.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61396 on: May 03, 2013, 08:45:18 pm »

I am feeling, really lonely today. Like there is no one I know who gives a damn about me, other then my cat. Which is essentially true,  as I have only my mom and sister to talk to or who might care, and they are being annoying and patronizing respectively.

It's a depressing feeling.
*hugs* Despite the contradictory way I feel about myself, you always have B12 to lean on, man.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Wolfeyez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61397 on: May 03, 2013, 08:49:20 pm »

I'm just honestly not sure that anyone would care. Not sure that anyone should care. I mean, the last thing I want to do is bring you all down because I'm a horribly broken person.
This is a horrible attitude. I mean seriously, why would you think we wouldn't care?

Be unable to do anything about the situation? Sure. Have no clue how to respond to it? Happens all the time.
But not care? Yeesh, what kind of monsters do you think we are?

That said there is a time and a place for this sort of thing (the time being pretty much whenever the hell you feel like it, the place being the sad thread in this case), and I really have no intention of forcing you to talk about something you don't want to talk about. But hey, we're here if you ever feel the need to do so.
Whoa, didn't meant to get that kind of reaction. What I meant by that was: When you break it down, I'm just another dude on the internet. I appreciate the sentiment attached to my time here, and I feel like I've made some really valuable friendships and have certainly gained quite a bit of knowledge and insight here, but my story is completely irrelevant to anyone but me and anyone who unfortunately manages to associate with me. (I honestly don't know what Wolfeyez sees in me, and I'm not trying to be modest, just honest. I have a lot of crappy faults.)

Like I said, if someone actually wants me to recap, I will, but I don't expect you to, and I'm not going to ask you to let me talk about myself and how shitty my past was. Everyone has shitty stuff in their pasts. That's just the way life is.
I love you just the way you are no matter what you think of yourself.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61398 on: May 03, 2013, 09:01:36 pm »

It was 86 Degrees Fahrenheit yesterday. Today it is 36 Degrees Fahrenheit.

FUCKING SPRING.
If you hate it why are you

NEVER MIND NOTHING TO SEE HERE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61399 on: May 03, 2013, 09:22:49 pm »

I'm just honestly not sure that anyone would care. Not sure that anyone should care. I mean, the last thing I want to do is bring you all down because I'm a horribly broken person.
This is a horrible attitude. I mean seriously, why would you think we wouldn't care?

Be unable to do anything about the situation? Sure. Have no clue how to respond to it? Happens all the time.
But not care? Yeesh, what kind of monsters do you think we are?

That said there is a time and a place for this sort of thing (the time being pretty much whenever the hell you feel like it, the place being the sad thread in this case), and I really have no intention of forcing you to talk about something you don't want to talk about. But hey, we're here if you ever feel the need to do so.
Whoa, didn't meant to get that kind of reaction. What I meant by that was: When you break it down, I'm just another dude on the internet. I appreciate the sentiment attached to my time here, and I feel like I've made some really valuable friendships and have certainly gained quite a bit of knowledge and insight here, but my story is completely irrelevant to anyone but me and anyone who unfortunately manages to associate with me. (I honestly don't know what Wolfeyez sees in me, and I'm not trying to be modest, just honest. I have a lot of crappy faults.)

Like I said, if someone actually wants me to recap, I will, but I don't expect you to, and I'm not going to ask you to let me talk about myself and how shitty my past was. Everyone has shitty stuff in their pasts. That's just the way life is.
I love you just the way you are no matter what you think of yourself.
B'awwww. <3

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61400 on: May 03, 2013, 11:05:18 pm »

I'm miserable and frustrated and really tired of trying to date people who don't like me.  And really tired of listening to other people talk about relationships, because I'm so awkward and quiet and generally awful.  In order to be the strong and silent type, you have to be stronger and silenter!

I'm also pretty sure I'm giving up on Beanpole because of too many personal differences.  He's cute, but I think I'm way too aggressive and bossy for this to work out well, given how passive his temperament is.  That's okay, I guess.  I'm sort of bored, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61401 on: May 03, 2013, 11:10:32 pm »

This may be a silly question, but why are you dating people that don't like you?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61402 on: May 03, 2013, 11:11:47 pm »

Because the ones who do like me are usually mentally ill.

I'm just bad at picking them, I guess.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61403 on: May 03, 2013, 11:14:11 pm »

I take it you mean that they are mentally ill in a not-fun way? :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61404 on: May 03, 2013, 11:20:12 pm »

Yes.  On the other hand, there was the below guy.

Exactly one new person has expressed interest in the past six months, and he was making date-rape jokes in class.  Am I too sensitive?  Probably.  But he was also sort of generally, I don't know, not someone I wanted to hook up with.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61405 on: May 03, 2013, 11:26:05 pm »

I'm typing mine up.  It's taking me a long time, though, because I'm doing it at work and it's... long... the crappiness of my personal history doesn't come from any singular horrible events that I can easily summarize.  It's more a very long series of bad luck events and circumstances that have so far culminated in an entire lifetime of frustration and loneliness and feeling trapped.  And I'm just an incredibly long-winded person anyway...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:33:13 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61406 on: May 03, 2013, 11:45:09 pm »

I'm going to also add that I really haven't been trying very hard because what I really want is lots and lots and lots of friends, so everyone that I think is cute I just joke with and treat friendly.

I also know that I have a problem with tending to see things exclusively as other people's fault and absolving myself from blame, or seeing other folks' behavior as stemming from in-grown personality traits rather than behavior I've accidentally "taught" them.  It's mostly the latter one.

Fuck it, I've got some time to burn.  I think I'll just watch TV tonight.  I really need to get more relaxed before I can get stressed enough to write all of these essays.

(Beanpole is cute and I don't think he'd EVER treat me like my other exes have, but I'm scared of ruining my new friend group by dating in it--I've done that twice already and I don't think it's worthwhile)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61407 on: May 03, 2013, 11:49:53 pm »

I'm typing mine up.  It's taking me a long time, though, because I'm doing it at work and it's... long... the crappiness of my personal history doesn't come from any singular horrible events that I can easily summarize.  It's more a very long series of bad luck events and circumstances that have so far culminated in an entire lifetime of frustration and loneliness and feeling trapped.  And I'm just an incredibly long-winded person anyway...
This right here? That's why I'm questioning doing mine or not.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61408 on: May 04, 2013, 12:15:36 am »

Yeah... I questioned it at first... worried about acting self-indulgent... but I realized that this place is mature enough.  I've settled down here as a regular longer than any other place on the internet in the last 13 years, and I've dropped bits and pieces of my history without ever offering the whole perspective, which isn't really fair to anyone who actually cares and has known me long enough now to deserve better (note that I don't really believe in the "random guy on the internet" thing).  So I'll throw the whole thing out there and it will be thorough and everybody understands that there are no real expectations to read or care.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61409 on: May 04, 2013, 12:18:17 am »

Yeah... I questioned it at first... worried about acting self-indulgent... but I realized that this place is mature enough.  I've settled down here as a regular longer than any other place on the internet in the last 13 years, and I've dropped bits and pieces of my history without ever offering the whole perspective, which isn't really fair to anyone who actually cares and has known me long enough now to deserve better (note that I don't really believe in the "random guy on the internet" thing).  So I'll throw the whole thing out there and it will be thorough and everybody understands that there are no real expectations to read or care.
That seems to be a healthy attitude, which I admire. I should probably adopt it.

Pages: 1 ... 4092 4093 [4094] 4095 4096 ... 8167