Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4023 4024 [4025] 4026 4027 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439452 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #60360 on: April 13, 2013, 08:47:17 pm »

Clearly without words that means music has no interpretation and saying anything about them is just digging too deep.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60361 on: April 13, 2013, 08:47:51 pm »

Holy shit... So Mick Jagger is the devil?
This has ever been in question?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60362 on: April 13, 2013, 09:10:35 pm »

Holy shit... So Mick Jagger is the devil?
This has ever been in question?
Not if you've ever watched Rock and Roll Circus.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #60363 on: April 14, 2013, 09:36:31 am »

Anyone else frequenting this forum who have this also?

The symptoms, at least most of it does fit me rather well, I guess, and my psychiatrist diagnosed me, and I'm to go to a really important meeting with this youth thingy for young mentally ill. But I just have a hard time telling if something IS wrong with me or.. I don't know, it's hard to explain.

For a long time I've been scared of being sick and scared of not being sick. Now I AM diagnosed as being sick and now I'm scared they're not right. If OPUS (The youth thing mentioned above.) should decide I am not sick like after some months or something, I'd probably end up on the street, because I'm incapable of keeping a job or education, at least in my current state of being unable to even get out my door to go and shop for food and drink.

But being sick is killing the self-confidence I don't even have to begin with even more. I'll never be able to help anyone if I never get better and that just kills everything I ever wanted to be.

I've never considered suicide really honestly, because I'm too curious to die. I want to know what happens tomorrow, no matter how trivial. But I've often sat in my window trying to get the courage to jump out anyway, because if I ruin my body completely, I'd have something physical to deal with, instead of this nagging feeling of people thinking I'm just making it up when I sit here in my trash staring at the wall without any contact to other people for weeks.

I don't even know where I'm going with this I just feel awful right now and that meeting the 17th is just panicking me even more and I'm totally stressed out because it's my mothers birthday tomorrow.

I also feel really bad about how many money I get monthly just for being jobless and sick, I don't feel I deserve them in any capacity, so I'm trying to spend them on stuff like donations and stuff that goes into the economies.

Saving is bad for the economy, more so than lack of jobs.

Or so I tell myself to feel better, I'm not an economist so I can't -really- know, but it seems logical.

This rant sucks.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #60364 on: April 14, 2013, 09:45:10 am »

o_O

* Skyrunner pats Lysabild

Also, about the saving: Saving on an individual basis is perfectly sound and also a pretty good choice, since you got a money buffer to fall back on in times of need.

Saving on a national basis, where many hundreds of thousands of millions of people save and not spend (read: Japan) is bad for the economy. It's not helping Japan out :P

Disclaimer, not economist either. ;3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #60365 on: April 14, 2013, 10:42:45 am »

Aw.
* Spaghetti7 hugs Lysabild
Can't really say much that'll help. I hope that rant at least let you get it out. Oh, and don't worry about that meeting. What is there to worry about? All they want to do is help, and they will understand. It's their job, after all. :P
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60366 on: April 14, 2013, 11:52:18 am »

* New Guy hugs Lysabild

Dude, I really wish I could help you. :/

But I find your reasoning for not considering suicide really odd (in a positive light), because usually, people don't do suicide because they fear death instead of being curious about life.

Anyway, don't worry about that meeting, dude.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #60367 on: April 14, 2013, 12:02:08 pm »

* Euld hugs Lysabild
I believe you.
...instead of this nagging feeling of people thinking I'm just making it up when I sit here in my trash staring at the wall without any contact to other people for weeks.
I have a brother who has similar symptoms sometimes.  But the fact you're able to tell us clearly what's going on, and the fact you're able to consider getting help is a very good sign.  It means medication will probably make a big difference.  I definitely vote for getting help and medication to help bring some normalcy to your life.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #60368 on: April 14, 2013, 01:18:17 pm »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60369 on: April 14, 2013, 02:21:32 pm »

Relevant
Doesn't work if you know their words are empty and just meant to make you feel better :(
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #60370 on: April 14, 2013, 02:27:07 pm »

Depression is irrational.  Your own mind suddenly decides everything is worse than it appears, when in fact you have a lot of good to be thankful for and all the bad things aren't as awful as they seem.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #60371 on: April 14, 2013, 03:16:36 pm »

http://thenicestplaceontheinter.net/

Those hugs are real enough, and greatly helping at times :D

In sad talk, I've been feeling rather heavy today, you know that crushing suffocating feeling in your chest, not sure where it comes from but I don't like it one bit, hopefully I'll be able to art it away.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #60372 on: April 14, 2013, 08:30:20 pm »

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:25:29 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #60373 on: April 14, 2013, 09:03:53 pm »

So, I'm quitting the gig with this other lawyer I've wanted to work with for years now. It's burning me out, not that I had long to go necessarily in that manner, but....

I told him I don't practice the area of law he wants me to. He said I could pick it up/he'd teach me. It's just not as simple as he says it is, and I can't pump out results like he wants in an area I'm unfamiliar with.

This is going to be awkward and hard.
Resisting ... urge ... to slip ... in a Freudain fashion ...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60374 on: April 14, 2013, 09:18:15 pm »

Ugh.  I have a horrid sunburn.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4023 4024 [4025] 4026 4027 ... 8167