Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3984 3985 [3986] 3987 3988 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461632 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59775 on: March 29, 2013, 06:03:04 pm »

I'm feeling vengeful.

Towards whom, though?

Mostly towards the supposed pals who are treating me like something either evil or expendable.

Isn't that a waste, though? Sounds like a case of people not understanding what they're missing.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59776 on: March 29, 2013, 06:34:29 pm »

I find myself feeling like I should place a post in the sad thread far more often than I by any rational means should have. Good thing I stop myself from doing so at least half the time, though.

This night's sads sponsored by the "you had everything you dreamed of and fucked it up" foundation. Such cases.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59777 on: March 29, 2013, 09:53:27 pm »

Maybe so.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59778 on: March 29, 2013, 10:18:30 pm »

Rocked my daughter to sleep, and fell asleep in my computer chair with her on my lap. I now feel like shit.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59779 on: March 29, 2013, 10:19:04 pm »

Rocked my daughter to sleep, and fell asleep in my computer chair with her on my lap. I now feel like shit.

... Wut. Why? :( Isn't that a good thing?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59780 on: March 29, 2013, 10:20:17 pm »

Low back pain is at 100% critical mass.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #59781 on: March 29, 2013, 10:21:02 pm »

It's nice until you wake up and everything hurts and you realize you lost a bunch of hours to non-restful unconsciousness.  I've done this so many times.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:22:50 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59782 on: March 29, 2013, 10:22:05 pm »

You probably didn't get very good airflow either. It only takes a few pounds on one's chest to suppress sleep breathing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59783 on: March 29, 2013, 10:22:56 pm »

It's nice until you wake up and everything hurts and you realize you lost a bunch of hours to non-restful unconsciousness.

Yeah, I realized this after I said it. :x I forgot that I get all bent out of shape sleeping in not-beds and I'm only 21. It must be even worse being like... 28 or however old Max is. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #59784 on: March 29, 2013, 10:41:07 pm »

And after you wake up you just sit there for another half an hour staring at the kid because it hurts to move and you don't want to think about how you're going to handle the day after fucking up your sleep so badly but it still feels so great when they fall asleep on you.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59785 on: March 29, 2013, 10:53:33 pm »

It's nice until you wake up and everything hurts and you realize you lost a bunch of hours to non-restful unconsciousness.

Yeah, I realized this after I said it. :x I forgot that I get all bent out of shape sleeping in not-beds and I'm only 21. It must be even worse being like... 28 or however old Max is. :P
29, you damn kid. :P

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59786 on: March 29, 2013, 11:00:30 pm »

You're not old. :P You're not even middle aged yet.
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59787 on: March 29, 2013, 11:08:58 pm »

Don't remind me. In September, my Sim changes from young adult to adult.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #59788 on: March 29, 2013, 11:28:10 pm »

I turn 30 in about 5 weeks.  It's rather daunting.  One the one hand, I'm intensely aware that I've so far gone no where with my life.  On the other hand, this is shaping up to be a year of drastic change, and the best opportunity I've ever had to break that trend.  One way or another, I'm leaving the only company I've ever worked for.  It's likely I won't even have a choice.  At about the same, my wife is graduating.  There's a lot of opportunity there, but also the imminent threat of student loan payments.  So I have the most opportunity ever to finally break this rusty cage and start making a real life for myself, but then if I fail to do so, I'll probably end up in another trap that will once again hold me for who knows how long.  I'm looking at Year 30 as make or break, and I'm both optimistic and terrified.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59789 on: March 30, 2013, 12:01:11 am »

I turn 30 in about 5 weeks.  It's rather daunting.  One the one hand, I'm intensely aware that I've so far gone no where with my life.  On the other hand, this is shaping up to be a year of drastic change, and the best opportunity I've ever had to break that trend.  One way or another, I'm leaving the only company I've ever worked for.  It's likely I won't even have a choice.  At about the same, my wife is graduating.  There's a lot of opportunity there, but also the imminent threat of student loan payments.  So I have the most opportunity ever to finally break this rusty cage and start making a real life for myself, but then if I fail to do so, I'll probably end up in another trap that will once again hold me for who knows how long.  I'm looking at Year 30 as make or break, and I'm both optimistic and terrified.
Hear hear. I'm slated to finally get my associate's degree this year, so that I can finally get a real job, so that I can finally get health insurance, so that I can finally get my back (broken in a number of ways,)/neck (suspected minor disc slippage and/or herniation, confirmed nerve issues,)/arm (completely asleep from the shoulder down, ???)/knees (suspected minor tears to ligaments and meniscus [confirmed] in various tournaments,)/ankle (suspected stress fracture, confirmed wearing of cartilage)/foot (suspected liscfranc injury, confirmed poorly healed stress fractures,)/head (confirmed post-concussion syndrome, depression, suspected manic-depressive,) (protip: martial arts can hurt sometimes,) looked at by someone who will offer more than a "sucks to be you," and finally get these four broken wisdom teeth pulled. I've been waiting on all of these medical issues for at least five years, simply because I can't afford them. Maybe once I stop being in so much pain all the time, I'll actually have the energy to get shit done. Maybe I won't drink as much.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:02:43 am by MaximumZero »

Pages: 1 ... 3984 3985 [3986] 3987 3988 ... 8167