Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3907 3908 [3909] 3910 3911 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9475731 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58620 on: March 01, 2013, 08:15:54 pm »

I tried teaching myself how to whistle today. It went surprisingly well, me having gone from no ability at all to managing to create a variance in the pitch, but I got nowhere near histling the chorus of Pumped Up Kicks, which, along with Helena Beat, HAS BEEN STUCK IN MY HEAD ALL DAY.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58621 on: March 01, 2013, 08:48:18 pm »

I tried teaching myself how to make pancakes today.
The result was lumpy puddles of incompetence and depression.
What did you do to them?

Perhaps I can help. I'm considered somewhat of an expert in the subject by my friends.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #58622 on: March 01, 2013, 09:34:43 pm »

Almost certainly trained into him, but that doesn't make it any less emotionally epic.  :'(

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58623 on: March 01, 2013, 10:34:43 pm »

I'm not entirely sure how one trains a parrot's parting words.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #58624 on: March 01, 2013, 10:52:42 pm »

"You be good. I love you" could be something you say to your parrot every time you're about to leave it alone in the house, for example. :)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58625 on: March 01, 2013, 11:09:12 pm »

"You be good. I love you" could be something you say to your parrot every time you're about to leave it alone in the house, for example. :)
This would still require it to know that it was "leaving". Still a tear-jerker.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #58626 on: March 01, 2013, 11:42:00 pm »

You guys need to read the story about that parrot.  I stumbled upon it myself a few years ago.  The way the researchers wrote about it, they really believed and made a convincing case for the parrot being highly intelligent with personality.  They had conversations with it.  They cried when it died.  I remember one of the researcher's first response when the news was broken to her over the phone was "But he was larger than life!"  I wish I could remember his name.  I'd look it up and go read it again right now.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58627 on: March 01, 2013, 11:55:17 pm »

You guys need to read the story about that parrot.  I stumbled upon it myself a few years ago.  The way the researchers wrote about it, they really believed and made a convincing case for the parrot being highly intelligent with personality.  They had conversations with it.  They cried when it died.  I remember one of the researcher's first response when the news was broken to her over the phone was "But he was larger than life!"  I wish I could remember his name.  I'd look it up and go read it again right now.
That parrot's name is Alex. I remember reading about it, and it kind of gave me the willies.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58628 on: March 02, 2013, 12:03:00 am »

Just realised today was the first of march. My birthday is in just over a couple of weeks. Typically this has not a happy thing these days.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58629 on: March 02, 2013, 12:05:29 am »

*sigh*

I just went on a date and the guy asked me to teach him calculus this semester and over the summer.  I don't really think he understands the idea that people need to pay for services rendered, and that if he wants to pay me the $6,000 he'd be paying the university for equivalent work, he can be my guest.

Just to be clear: we really don't know each other.  This is like if you asked someone on the first date to clean your house once a week for free for the next six months.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 12:09:46 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58630 on: March 02, 2013, 12:14:30 am »

*sigh*

I just went on a date and the guy asked me to teach him calculus this semester and over the summer.  I don't really think he understands the idea that people need to pay for services rendered, and that if he wants to pay me the $6,000 he'd be paying the university for equivalent work, he can be my guest.

Just to be clear: we really don't know each other.  This is like if you asked someone on the first date to clean your house once a week for free for the next six months.
You know know what every "computer person" feels like all the time. I get asked by customers "Well, aren't you just going to come home with me and set it up there?" at least twice a week. It would be funny if they weren't honest-to-whatever-god-you-believe-in serious.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58631 on: March 02, 2013, 12:15:38 am »

I knoooooow, but I thought that I had a field that was so useless that no one would try to pull this kind of crap >_>

I'd happily do that for a boyfriend, but... yeesh, I think this guy managed to write himself off with that one.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58632 on: March 02, 2013, 12:21:15 am »

*sigh*

Ermm err... maybe he felt it would be a good thing to bond over and didn't really realise how big of an undertaking teaching calculus would be?

Eh, I'm really not feeling this whole argue someone else's position on this one.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58633 on: March 02, 2013, 12:21:37 am »

Oh, no. You'll find that if you're even minimally skilled in anything at all, you apparently OWE it to all of the people around you to share it with them, free of charge, at any given moment.

Fortunately for me, my greatest amount of skill points went into punching people in the face. Hehehe.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58634 on: March 02, 2013, 12:24:05 am »

SO I HEAR YOU KNOW HOW TO USE HAMMERS! DOES THAT MEAN YOU CAN MAKE A TABLE FOR ME?
Pages: 1 ... 3907 3908 [3909] 3910 3911 ... 8167