Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3768 3769 [3770] 3771 3772 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9463544 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #56535 on: December 18, 2012, 01:32:29 pm »

Confidence came to me when I stopped worrying I'd embarrass or humiliate myself every time I opened my mouth. I realized I found a bit of insecurity attractive and approachable in other people, so I thought that maybe others are the same and would accept me even if I messed up a few social conventions. Turns out I was right. :)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56536 on: December 18, 2012, 01:32:59 pm »

I generally say LF instead. It's capitalized in my headcanon.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56537 on: December 18, 2012, 01:33:45 pm »

Why not just say friend? Seems unnecessary to mention sexuality every time.
*Hugs*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56538 on: December 18, 2012, 01:35:24 pm »

I guess people with multiple friends need to somehow distinguish between them?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56539 on: December 18, 2012, 01:37:30 pm »

* The Merchant Of Menace shrugs.

Just curious, it's been a while since I caught up with stuff, thought it was some new thing :P
*Hugs*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56540 on: December 18, 2012, 01:38:24 pm »

Sometimes it's quick and easy to identify people with what might be considered a "sensitive" trait. For example, if there was a group of people with a single dark skinned individual in it, and I wanted to point him out to a friend who didn't know them, I'd probably say "that black guy over there." I'm not calling unnecessary attention to him being black, but rather I'm using a simple, noticeable trait that other people can easily distinguish.

Hans's friend being a lesbian keeps it clear that she's a non-romantic interest, and quickly identifies her from his other friends who happen to be ladies (such as the one who gave him a phone number yesterday).
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56541 on: December 18, 2012, 01:39:10 pm »

It's just how it is. I don't call her 'Lesbian Friend' to her face, I use her name. I think of her that way as well. But on here, I say LF, so I don't say, "Me and my friend..." 'Which friend?' "Oh, my lesbian friend..." Like four times a day. 

Hans's friend being a lesbian keeps it clear that she's a non-romantic interest, and quickly identifies her from his other friends who happen to be ladies (such as the one who gave him a phone number yesterday).

This. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56542 on: December 18, 2012, 01:41:09 pm »

It's just how it is. I don't call her 'Lesbian Friend' to her face, I use her name. I think of her that way as well. But on here, I say LF, so I don't say, "Me and my friend..." 'Which friend?' "Oh, my lesbian friend..." Like four times a day.

Since she's the only friend you ever talk about, I'm going to assume you're just very insistant we know she's lesbian ;)

Also, I'm happy you got by all right + bonus, Hanslie. Next time, though, call Tom Doubtley, SPACE LAWYER (for all your lawyering needs)!

Also also, hello again, Menace. Where have you been? We've been missing you.
Love, scriver~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56543 on: December 18, 2012, 01:43:00 pm »

Been busy with real life, got a job and some friends. No longer spend all the time I'm in public terrified that my parents will find me.

Things have been generally good.
*Hugs*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56544 on: December 18, 2012, 01:51:45 pm »

The sad thread has been strangely happy lately.  (apologies to those with sads though that have been overlooked due to the happy)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56545 on: December 18, 2012, 01:52:28 pm »

Because someone asked her directly where she's been, in the sad thread.

Keep up, will ya?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56546 on: December 18, 2012, 01:55:18 pm »

I'm in the sad thread.  Yesterday my prof said he wouldn't write me thte reference letter I asked for.  He said my blatent lack of attention paid in class was borderline disrespectful.  My 'work is outstanding' and I 'have some major potential, Joe', but I am 'always on that damn computer' and I 'been caught playing games in class mor ethan once'.
   This came after he told me my formating was wrong for a fucking memo.  the title isn't supposed to be centered.  The body needs a hanging indent. ???  Its  a memo indicating that I choose to write a new paper because my previous one was quite satisfactory, and it would be hard to best it.  Grrr.

Anywho, that's a full point-drop I'm looking at, from A- to B.  Grrr.  And that reference letter was actually needed and not just reserve.  This makes me sad. . . Luckily I have a backup.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56547 on: December 18, 2012, 01:56:59 pm »

And you're in the sad thread...

...Because I asked her in the sad thread ;)

Been busy with real life, got a job and some friends. No longer spend all the time I'm in public terrified that my parents will find me.

Things have been generally good.

Leaving bay12 == happiness achieved? I should spend less time here.
Love, scriver~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56548 on: December 18, 2012, 01:58:10 pm »

It's more
if (happiness_achieved) {
timeOnBay12 --;
}
:P

Also had a long period of computer failure.
*Hugs*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56549 on: December 18, 2012, 02:00:35 pm »

That explains my near-constant presence.
Pages: 1 ... 3768 3769 [3770] 3771 3772 ... 8167