Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3760 3761 [3762] 3763 3764 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9467349 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #56415 on: December 17, 2012, 01:43:15 am »

Not a life-ending event, at least. I don't know exactly what happened to make them drag you back, but a few principles are universal in these kinds of situations:

-Show the judge deference and respect. I know you hate them, and I don't disagree that you should, but the judge(s) are going to be deciding your fate and tend to be the kind who are swayed by feeling that you are respecting their position. Hide your contempt and ask your lawyer about courtroom etiquette. Even if they don't think about it on a conscious level, they'll be more hesitant to screw you.

-On that note, dress formally. There are people who show up to court in wifebeaters. These people rarely see leniency.

-When in doubt, remember the Truean Principle and listen to your lawyer. Even a bad lawyer will usually put you in a better position than relying on your intuition.

You probably know all this, but I just want to make sure.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56416 on: December 17, 2012, 01:45:49 am »

Not a life-ending event, at least. I don't know exactly what happened to make them drag you back, but a few principles are universal in these kinds of situations:

-Show the judge deference and respect. I know you hate them, and I don't disagree that you should, but the judge(s) are going to be deciding your fate and tend to be the kind who are swayed by feeling that you are respecting their position. Hide your contempt and ask your lawyer about courtroom etiquette. Even if they don't think about it on a conscious level, they'll be more hesitant to screw you.

-On that note, dress formally. There are people who show up to court in wifebeaters. These people rarely see leniency.

-When in doubt, remember the Truean Principle and listen to your lawyer. Even a bad lawyer will usually put you in a better position than relying on your intuition.

You probably know all this, but I just want to make sure.

Well, it's another Drug Court session, but most of those still apply. I don't get a lawyer though, because the Constitution is dumb and doesn't apply to everyone. And yeah, my life wouldn't be over totally. Just over for a few years, in a way.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56417 on: December 17, 2012, 01:54:35 am »

Well, it's another Drug Court session, but most of those still apply. I don't get a lawyer though, because the Constitution is dumb and doesn't apply to everyone. And yeah, my life wouldn't be over totally. Just over for a few years, in a way.
How the hell do you not get a lawyer?! Regardless of how this ends, you should probably hire one. The cost is high, but surviving the court system is difficult without them.

I looked into Fulton, and they send everyone through there before sending them to other facilities, but it maintains its own as well. The only one I can find conformation of there is C-2 facilities, which is minimum security. Assuming that is in fact where you are possibly being sent, your position is not a bad one in comparison to the alternative. You don't often hear horror stories from the dreaded minimum security prison.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56418 on: December 17, 2012, 02:17:13 am »

Drug Court. You don't get a lawyer in Drug Court, it's basically a punishment that's extended and let's you go outside. 

And yeah, Fulton doesn't sound terrible. I'm fairly certain I'd mostly be in there with lots of drug addicts. Most drug addicts, despite how TV portrays them, are not very dangerous. Just annoying.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56419 on: December 17, 2012, 02:19:46 am »

Especially considering the violent ones would have been filtered out to C-3 at the least.
No Gods, No Masters.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #56420 on: December 17, 2012, 03:01:13 am »

Assignment due tomorrow/today, not tuesday/tomorrow. Surprise all-nighters are the worst. >_<

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56421 on: December 17, 2012, 03:22:46 am »

My father gave me a cross and I was extremely uncomfortable wearing it, it was really nice (which is why I feel bad) but I had to take it off. Mental side-effects of pessimistic-agnosticism/atheism I guess. I felt so bad I promised him I'd at least wear it on flights. :(
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56422 on: December 17, 2012, 03:24:06 am »

"You are making me very cross, son!"

*rimshot*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56423 on: December 17, 2012, 03:33:08 am »

* MetalSlimeHunt heckles Darvi from the crowd!
No Gods, No Masters.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56424 on: December 17, 2012, 03:35:18 am »

* scelly9 uses Jimmy Carr!

It's super effective!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56425 on: December 17, 2012, 04:28:08 am »

Good Luck, Hans. You're in our thoughts.

To balance out the massive amounts of sadness caused by that.

http://gizmodo.com/5968886/anonymous-attacks-westboro-baptist-church-over-sandy-hook-funeral-protest

Handing out the personal information of the most hated group in America is not a good thing.

Love, scriver~

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #56426 on: December 17, 2012, 04:43:07 am »

I don't agree with their methods and I don't want anyone to get hurt, but clearly something needs to be done because they've gone way too far. At least someone is doing something.

Although I would hope the Westboro people are aware that you if do something so abhorrent as picket the vigil for the victims of a spree killing that you are putting yourself at risk.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #56427 on: December 17, 2012, 04:50:27 am »

Good Luck, Hans. You're in our thoughts.

To balance out the massive amounts of sadness caused by that.

http://gizmodo.com/5968886/anonymous-attacks-westboro-baptist-church-over-sandy-hook-funeral-protest

Handing out the personal information of the most hated group in America is not a good thing.

Email: idontreadthisemail@godhatesamerica.com

@_@

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56428 on: December 17, 2012, 05:00:55 am »

I don't agree with their methods and I don't want anyone to get hurt, but clearly something needs to be done because they've gone way too far. At least someone is doing something.

Although I would hope the Westboro people are aware that you if do something so abhorrent as picket the vigil for the victims of a spree killing that you are putting yourself at risk.

They are. They're already completely ostracised from society, and one of the most hated groups in your country. Inciting more hatred against them is only going to end with blood. It certainly isn't going to convince any Westboroist that the world isn't worth hating back.
Love, scriver~

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #56429 on: December 17, 2012, 05:04:54 am »

D'awww :c

Spilling Westboro blood is a bad thing now?
Pages: 1 ... 3760 3761 [3762] 3763 3764 ... 8167