Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3723 3724 [3725] 3726 3727 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471656 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #55860 on: November 30, 2012, 05:25:29 pm »

Factorials turn up in probability maths too.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #55861 on: November 30, 2012, 05:51:17 pm »

IIRC, they're also used to compute interactions, such as the number of ways X ingredients can be combined.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Alnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55862 on: November 30, 2012, 07:12:14 pm »

Final Nintendo Power cover revealed.

There are no gifs to describe what I am feeling.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55863 on: November 30, 2012, 07:14:03 pm »

Ah, looks a lot like the first one. Neato.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55864 on: November 30, 2012, 07:28:06 pm »

:'( <---- Barely covers it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #55865 on: November 30, 2012, 09:10:08 pm »

Just finished a good two-three hours of one of the most stressful situations you can put me in that aren't directly life threatening. Put me in roughly in the center of a room with a good hundred+ people I have no fucking clue are for a couple hours? Don't let me get myself up against a wall or in a corner (preferably near the door)? Have random people occasionally hugging or touching me? Stick a fork in me, m'goddamn done. Fairly smooth while it's going down (especially if you don't actually know me well), but once it's over I crash like a m'fook. My bloody everything is still halfway on edge, the headache's getting progressively worse as my senses start to relax somewhat, half-way to tears off and on, starting to ache in places.  Goddamn but growing up in that shitpool of a town has fucked me up pretty hard in some ways. Introversion plus paranoia = "social parties are the fifth circle of hell."

Probably going to end up doing it again with a slightly smaller crowd day after tomorrow. Then a six damned hour drive riding herd on an 80+ year old person that refuses to let other people drive. Then I'll likely stick myself in my room at home and not bleeding move for 48-72 hours. I generally don't tell family I love 'em or anything like that, but it's shit like putting myself through what amounts to torture that says I care, I guess.

Feels again, RK. General best wishes.

Just looking at it... it looks too thin. I remember the older NPs being... hefty.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55866 on: November 30, 2012, 09:48:37 pm »

:'( <---- Barely covers it.

Woah woah, hold on.
Nintendo Power... Final Issue?
Meh, but i'm still surprised.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55867 on: December 01, 2012, 04:33:24 am »

Crap.  Well, this girl I've been obsessing about is someone I actually happened to meet over the net, on a dating site.  I just went on there today to look at her profile again, and noticed that she was logged on yesterday and that she'd upgraded her membership to the level where it's actually possible to seek out other people and have other people seek out and message you.

I lost it.  I cried.  I'm still a bit shaken.

I realized I couldn't go on like this, waiting for a right moment or waiting for my feelings to die down.  I sent her a message through that site.  Next time she feels good enough to log on, she'll see it.  She'll see me laying my heart bare and saying that even though I don't think I could give her every wonderful thing I think she deserves, I know that I'd try my damnedest.  And rather than slink away to try and shield myself from rejection, I stood as tall as I could muster and said I wanted to be considered.

I'm quite certain this will end in tears...  My own.  I'm rather certain she doesn't feel that way about me, and I don't know how she feels about getting sudden messages like that anyways, so I might be hurting whatever chance I had if I had a chance.  But I just couldn't stay silent.  I couldn't sit around on my hands blindly hoping after she'd reactivated her account there.  I had to say something to relieve the pressure.

This really isn't something I needed three days before an exam.  Or, indeed, at all.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #55868 on: December 01, 2012, 05:44:35 am »

Co-worker exclaims "Yay!  Another week down!"

Do statements like this depress the hell out of anyone else?  As if the collection of spent weeks is an end unto itself, and when you've collected them all...

But thank god it's over, right?  Got that out of the way!  Now I can... do the same thing over again, and once again be thankful when it's over!

It's amazing to me that the world keeps going the way it does, when so many people are so unsatisfied with their lives that they look forward to the end.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55869 on: December 01, 2012, 06:12:50 am »

Wife's moving ahead with the divorce. Thought we were heading in the opposite direction. FML.

Intellectually, I know this is probably for the best. Emotionally (surprise, I do have some)....just stab me through the brain and get it over with.

More hugs. I wish I could do more for ya, friend.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55870 on: December 01, 2012, 08:26:52 am »

And that's that.  She doesn't feel that way about me.  Yay.

Suppose this beats wondering.  Doesn't really feel like it though.

EDIT:  I've now spent most of today and yesterday crying and being exhausted from crying.  For various reasons.  Basically just build-up.  And now that I'm trying to find someone I can confide in so I can talk about where I am and hopefully get the strength of mind to do something else today, I suddenly realize that I really don't have very many people I know who are capable of talking on that level.

So I've now got a headache and I just got bitched out by someone for being too negative about things.  Apparently, I need to change my attitude.  No shit, Watson.

I'm also hungry, but have no appetite.  Bizarre combination.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55871 on: December 01, 2012, 01:36:47 pm »

Well, Kagus, if it helps, you can always talk to us in the bay12 lower board irc. Even though it's not the same as live people, it's at least somethings.
Love, scriver~

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #55872 on: December 02, 2012, 12:26:44 am »

Went to a party, fell asleep on a couch, now my ass is on facebook x_x

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55873 on: December 02, 2012, 12:30:43 am »

This is why you do not sleep at parties.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55874 on: December 02, 2012, 12:32:57 am »

Personally, I just don't sleep.

Hold on a moment, the ghost of Brezhnev is calling me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 3723 3724 [3725] 3726 3727 ... 8167