Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3648 3649 [3650] 3651 3652 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462580 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54735 on: October 27, 2012, 04:15:18 pm »

Nevermind now :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54736 on: October 27, 2012, 10:26:47 pm »

If only we could all learn Max's ways. Both facepunching and other stuff.
I'll teach just about anything in exchange for either money or other skills that I don't know. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54737 on: October 27, 2012, 10:27:54 pm »

Damn, I don't think I have either :(

Unless for some reason you have an interest in romhacking.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54738 on: October 27, 2012, 10:28:35 pm »

I just may. You never know.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54739 on: October 27, 2012, 11:48:13 pm »

Can't go home. Can't do anything but look at forums on phone. It's getting late and I'm going deaf.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54740 on: October 28, 2012, 05:04:51 am »

I relate on the first part of this random blog oh so much.

And it hurts. I am such a doormat, I have no opinions on my own. I'm a blank slate, ready to assimilate all the positives and negatives of everyone I come into contact with, like a black hole. I yearn to become something everyone sees as a paragon of goodness and loyalty. I yearn to, but I don't have to. I am aware of this fact, at least.

But like drug addictions, it's hard to get over old habits, kicking in whenever it feels like ruining yourself, gradually sending me down to a pit of despair. I have to get out of this ditch soon, what with the other people taking advantage of my knowledge and wealth.

I have to stop being "Me", and become Me. The real self. This is my pledge for the next semester. I need to do this. Discovering myself.

This whole problem came from knowing absolutely nothing. In my search for knowledge, I have lowered my defenses and allowed myself to become altered. I am not myself anymore. I have to revert.

I need to.

I must.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #54741 on: October 28, 2012, 11:09:31 am »

I used to be an extreme doormat. How nice those times were.  :-\

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54742 on: October 28, 2012, 11:37:13 am »

A week ago, my younger sister was in a very bad accident while moving up here. Her boyfriend was killed, and she lost the baby she was carrying. So, I had to take a week from work to stay home while my mom and stepdad went down to see her. My stepdad came home last night, and my mom said she'll stay "until she's a whole lot better"(originally, she said next Wednesday).

The good news is that she's recovering extraordinarily fast, given what happened, although she's still on a ventilator, and they're holding off telling exactly what happened(like, her boyfriend and baby) at least until she can fully breathe on her own.

I don't know much else about the accident except the 27' truck they were driving flipped over and they were both ejected. How a truck flips over that hard, I don't know.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #54743 on: October 28, 2012, 01:45:43 pm »

When my sister moved out last summer, she took my spare ps2 and about a dozen each of my PS1 and PS2 games, not counting the ones that she arbitrarlily claimed as hers. I finally demanded all this back in lieu of the large amount of money I won't be getting back from her lazy ass (she lost her welfare because she couldn't be bothered to attend the required 20 hours or so a month.) She brought me four games (according to her, the rest were stolen in a break-in, but I suspect she was selling them for her inexplicable cigarette money) and the PS2, which is broken.  It won't read most discs, and there's a strange chittering when I turn it on that I hope is just the fan going bad. I seriously don't know if I should trash it or keep it for parts (or HD loading the games). I'm just glad that my parents have her kid.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54744 on: October 28, 2012, 03:15:03 pm »

I relate on the first part of this random blog oh so much.

And it hurts. I am such a doormat, I have no opinions on my own. I'm a blank slate, ready to assimilate all the positives and negatives of everyone I come into contact with, like a black hole. I yearn to become something everyone sees as a paragon of goodness and loyalty. I yearn to, but I don't have to. I am aware of this fact, at least.

But like drug addictions, it's hard to get over old habits, kicking in whenever it feels like ruining yourself, gradually sending me down to a pit of despair. I have to get out of this ditch soon, what with the other people taking advantage of my knowledge and wealth.

I have to stop being "Me", and become Me. The real self. This is my pledge for the next semester. I need to do this. Discovering myself.

This whole problem came from knowing absolutely nothing. In my search for knowledge, I have lowered my defenses and allowed myself to become altered. I am not myself anymore. I have to revert.

I need to.

I must.
Very much agree you need to do just that, man :) Good luck.

A week ago, my younger sister was in a very bad accident while moving up here. Her boyfriend was killed, and she lost the baby she was carrying. So, I had to take a week from work to stay home while my mom and stepdad went down to see her. My stepdad came home last night, and my mom said she'll stay "until she's a whole lot better"(originally, she said next Wednesday).

The good news is that she's recovering extraordinarily fast, given what happened, although she's still on a ventilator, and they're holding off telling exactly what happened(like, her boyfriend and baby) at least until she can fully breathe on her own.

I don't know much else about the accident except the 27' truck they were driving flipped over and they were both ejected. How a truck flips over that hard, I don't know.
Holy fuck man, that's horrible D: Massive sympathies to your sister, your family, you, and her boyfriend's family.

When my sister moved out last summer, she took my spare ps2 and about a dozen each of my PS1 and PS2 games, not counting the ones that she arbitrarlily claimed as hers. I finally demanded all this back in lieu of the large amount of money I won't be getting back from her lazy ass (she lost her welfare because she couldn't be bothered to attend the required 20 hours or so a month.) She brought me four games (according to her, the rest were stolen in a break-in, but I suspect she was selling them for her inexplicable cigarette money) and the PS2, which is broken.  It won't read most discs, and there's a strange chittering when I turn it on that I hope is just the fan going bad. I seriously don't know if I should trash it or keep it for parts (or HD loading the games). I'm just glad that my parents have her kid.
PS2 emulation's gotten pretty good, assuming you have a relatively modern computer. So it's not a total loss, at least if you're just interested in playing the games.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #54745 on: October 28, 2012, 03:21:44 pm »

PS2 emulation's gotten pretty good, assuming you have a relatively modern computer. So it's not a total loss, at least if you're just interested in playing the games.

I've got a slim already, though I did want the fat's hard drive capability and reliability. The big issue is that turning a rugged piece of hardware into crap in just a few months and having to pawn someone else's shit to get cash is a pretty nasty indicator of how badly she's fucked up her life. If she wasn't couch surfing and mooching, things wouldn't have gotten screwed up like that.

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54746 on: October 28, 2012, 05:07:51 pm »

That's...seriously fucked, man. You have my sympathies. All of them.

Now I feel like a douche for coming here to post about an ingrown fingernail.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54747 on: October 28, 2012, 05:10:47 pm »

I think it qualifies as the second most distressing thing that I read in this thread since joining.

Not that I have any qualifications for judging that, but I can't be too far off.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54748 on: October 28, 2012, 05:16:49 pm »

Don't. Those things suck :P Not as much as a horrific car accident, but yeah. Feeling bad because others have it worse is No Good.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54749 on: October 28, 2012, 05:17:28 pm »

Don't. Those things suck :P Not as much as a horrific car accident, but yeah. Feeling bad because others have it worse is No Good.
Between that and the flu, I feel like shit today.

Pages: 1 ... 3648 3649 [3650] 3651 3652 ... 8167