Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3647 3648 [3649] 3650 3651 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462882 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54720 on: October 26, 2012, 05:10:58 pm »

Only a pint? I could easily go through an eighth of a gallon of ice cream before getting ill.

Shh.
I am American, and the imperial system confuses me to this day.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54721 on: October 26, 2012, 05:11:51 pm »

The original purpose of the Imperial system was to confuse invaders to the point that they couldn't effectively administrate conquered territory.

/blatantlies

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #54722 on: October 26, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »

Only a pint? I could easily go through an eighth of a gallon of ice cream before getting ill.

Shh.
If you are poor, the system has suceeded in iits purpose.

So, what else can we add to make it more annoying?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54723 on: October 26, 2012, 05:14:17 pm »

Pi=3.2, obviously. [/callbacktoWTFthread]

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #54724 on: October 26, 2012, 05:14:29 pm »

Shh.
If you are poor, the system has suceeded in iits purpose.

So, what else can we add to make it more annoying?
Even more bases? Let's roll up some odd numbers, for giggles.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #54725 on: October 26, 2012, 05:15:36 pm »

New EU4 Dev Diary. There won't be T-34s :(

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54726 on: October 26, 2012, 09:48:18 pm »

Whoa, holy shit brain, that's a fucking world record or something for ruining my day.

So I'm just getting out of my FNM at around 10:00, I came out feeling pretty good about how I did and how my faint social skills are improving bit by bit, and I walk over to the nearby gas station cause they have 25 cent bottles of ice cold water there, and while I was waiting in line like a good patron instead of just throwing my spare change at the register lady and booking it out of there, two attractive ladies with masquerade masks on came in and waited behind me. I was feeling especially brave, so I asked them in a friendly way if they were coming back from a masquerade party.

"No, we're going TO the party"

In my mind: FUCK! That was a reflexive mistake, cause I never enjoy the night life I subconsciously assumed noone else did either, even when that's obviously wrong. Cause seriously, who goes to parties when it's not night?... I think?

I thought about trying to spark a conversation, and the fun idea of asking to come to the party as well crossed my mind, but something in my mind panicked and I just got my water and left, and I'm driving home feeling like I cheated myself.

I'm weighing every factor in my mind, that it wasn't a good idea to just ask something like that to people I just met, that even if they did say it was ok that partying with total strangers is a bad idea, that there might be unintended consequences, that I might be expected to drink alcohol when I'm a teetotaler, and probably most of all that I inwardly despise the indulgent and excessive nature of parties and doing something like that would make me a flagrant hypocrite.

But I know that I'm simply subconsciously rationalizing this decision, cause the other side of my brain is screaming at me: That for a brief moment I had the courage to speak to some attractive women and I didn't capitalize on it fully, that I'm always moaning and complaining about being lonely and yet don't take that initiative to end it, that I'm always fantasizing about being this carefree and risk-taking man and yet when a risk presents itself I instinctively beat down the desire to take it and just follow the old safe-and-steady path as always. That all these factors also make me a motherfucking hypocrite!!!

Damnit brain, just fucking DAMNIT! How can you take a binary choice and make me feel bad no matter what I do?!

It was just a span of about 30 seconds brain, yet it overreacts to my careless inaction. INACTION! Nothing even happened, and I feel bad about it. What's wrong with me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #54727 on: October 26, 2012, 10:55:41 pm »

If it makes you feel better: a hot cardiologist once offered me her phone & a date and I realized two weeks afterwards during a DF marathon
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54728 on: October 26, 2012, 11:00:22 pm »

Josh, bro, next time just ask, "What, a party? Who forgot to invite me?"

95% chance of invite on the spot.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54729 on: October 26, 2012, 11:55:22 pm »

It makes me very, very sad that a website for open source cinema existed for a while, but is now closed. It was very cool, all those directors putting all their film under one roof for anyone to use, and to build onto.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54730 on: October 27, 2012, 01:33:05 am »

It makes me very, very sad that a website for open source cinema existed for a while, but is now closed. It was very cool, all those directors putting all their film under one roof for anyone to use, and to build onto.
And it makes me sad that it ended before I found out about it.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54731 on: October 27, 2012, 09:47:07 am »

Josh, bro, next time just ask, "What, a party? Who forgot to invite me?"

95% chance of invite on the spot.

I need to learn all of your ways Max.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54732 on: October 27, 2012, 11:32:11 am »

If only we could all learn Max's ways. Both facepunching and other stuff.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #54733 on: October 27, 2012, 01:00:31 pm »

My antique PC with even more antique things in it is quite possibly falling apart. At least the case fan and graphics card (Radeon 9600, would you believe it still works nowadays? (well, not really anymore)). Sigh.

The worst is I can't really find anything that could substitute for that card because this PC is so old and no one has any parts for it.

And Christmas is two months away :I
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54734 on: October 27, 2012, 01:49:53 pm »

I have enough spare parts to make you a crappy substitute :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 3647 3648 [3649] 3650 3651 ... 8167