Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3632 3633 [3634] 3635 3636 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9469342 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54495 on: October 20, 2012, 12:52:08 am »

I just want someone to say my adorable pickup lines to. "If you were a potato you'd be a sweet potato."

Also snuggles.

Dude, that's an awesome line.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54496 on: October 20, 2012, 12:53:25 am »

I just want someone to say my adorable pickup lines to. "If you were a potato you'd be a sweet potato."

Also snuggles.

Dude, that's an awesome line.
It's up there with "I'm going to love you like a love song"

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #54497 on: October 20, 2012, 01:11:49 am »

And the award for most pathos-inducing passage of erotica goes to...me!

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #54498 on: October 20, 2012, 01:14:06 am »

It's up there with "I'm going to love you like a love song"
Four minutes long and poorly executed?

Damn, there went the inner snark, yikes.

Anyway, yeah. I'd probably miss infatuation if I'd have ever experienced it. Well into my twenties, but... nope. Not a thing. Attraction from time to time, but nothing stronger. Living in hostile territory for an extended period royally fucks with your mind, folks ♫ Though it doesn't really have to be that bad. You just have to break in the right ways, and once you're aware of it, you can influence how you shatter and reform.

Maybe eventually. I'unno, part of me's just not interested anymore, more of me's vaguely terrified of what actual affectionate contact would do to me. I'm well aware I've been basically starved for human contact most of my life and m'hilariously unsure how I'd react to someone I could actually trust to the extent of romantic interaction. My own warmth is frankly addicting and I experienced psychological withdrawal symptoms for a while after going to college and leaving the pets behind. Adding a source as large and as powerful as another human to the mix... the heat from body heat is... different.

Then there's the somewhat mild sensory hypersensitivity*. I can approach the point of orgasm from freaking still air, if I twist my mind the rest of the way. Moving air, or water, or sand or dirt or whatever is just... Sensation is literal bliss. It's, I'unno, hard to communicate. There's a lurking, vaguely ravenous, thirst for warmth in the depths. Sensation is spirituality. To feel is to approach or achieve divinity. Existence is perfection, for what is can be naught but what is. To feel is to touch the divine. To breath is to spread your arms as god. To smell is to taste the firmament of the world. Sight is its own reality. The pursuit of experience is the fundamental good, not pleasure. Hedonism did not go far enough.

Tired now. Lost train of thought, so, I guess, nap?

*It's got its downsides, it's got its upsides, but I spent about twelve years of fairly consistent, if somewhat sparse, effort getting it and by the gods I'm keeping it. The thought of going back to not paying attention to my surroundings makes me vaguely terrified. Too much capability, lost.

And the award for most pathos-inducing passage of erotica goes to...me!
Eeehhh. *waggles hand* Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but I'd only rate it so-so. Better than bad, not worse than good, but not best. Take it well, for it means you can still improve. The only sadness comes from reaching the personal extent of mastery, for at that point you can only get worse.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 01:15:47 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Urist McPenguinhead

• Bay Watcher
  • dungeon master with questionable motives
    • View Profile
« Reply #54499 on: October 20, 2012, 02:46:26 am »

Eehh. The last month or so has been crazy. Had to move out because my uncle went psycho...now he's in hospital, I hope he'll be okay. I have no idea what happened, he just snapped.

And to top it off, my cat's been poisoned. The vet is pretty certain it was an intentional poisoning. Seriously, what kind of horrible fuck goes around poisoning cats? :(

Gah.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #54500 on: October 20, 2012, 02:50:06 am »

Eehh. The last month or so has been crazy. Had to move out because my uncle went psycho...now he's in hospital, I hope he'll be okay. I have no idea what happened, he just snapped.

And to top it off, my cat's been poisoned. The vet is pretty certain it was an intentional poisoning. Seriously, what kind of horrible fuck goes around poisoning cats? :(

Gah.
...*twitch*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54501 on: October 20, 2012, 04:55:49 am »

Gah.

Poisoning cats? Thats very wrong...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54502 on: October 20, 2012, 05:07:05 am »

The vet is pretty certain it was an intentional poisoning.
What was his reasoning?

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54503 on: October 20, 2012, 05:22:50 am »

What was his reasoning?
Maybe the vet poisoned the cat! TO GET MONEY FOR HELPING HIM! What an awesome plan! We all know that vets are evil
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Urist McPenguinhead

• Bay Watcher
  • dungeon master with questionable motives
    • View Profile
« Reply #54504 on: October 20, 2012, 05:38:25 am »

What was his reasoning?

Well, when I brought my cat in his mouth was all frothy and his whole body was just limp, usually he's all jumpy and happy. The vet took him out the back and looked at him, did some tests (I assume, he was taking a while) Then he said something about an obscure chemical, but I was too busy crying my eyes out, because intentional or not, my cat is going to die :(

YAY EDIT: Wow. I was advised to go to another vet for a second opinion, and wouldn't you know, she says she'll be able to flush the poison out and that cat will be okay!! She also said the first vet I went to has a bad reputation, I have no idea how he still has the job.
So I'm just waiting around now. Fingers crossed it'll be all good.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 06:11:38 am by Urist McPenguinhead »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54505 on: October 20, 2012, 06:17:20 am »

I support you man!
Lets all hope your cat will be okay. If there are any creatures on this planet that deserve to live it is cats or dogs.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #54506 on: October 20, 2012, 06:37:22 am »

Seriously, what kind of horrible fuck goes around poisoning cats?

This one cat kept scaling our fence and running across the garden every night, causing there to be a trail of dead grass in the middle of our garden where it kept running. I'm not gonna lie, poison and bear traps did cross my mind a few times. But that would be wrong. Fortunately it didn't exactly come to that, but still: Be aware that random neighbours cats can get really annoying if they start going into your territory.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 06:44:50 am by MorleyDev »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54507 on: October 20, 2012, 06:44:52 am »

YAY EDIT: Wow. I was advised to go to another vet for a second opinion, and wouldn't you know, she says she'll be able to flush the poison out and that cat will be okay!! She also said the first vet I went to has a bad reputation, I have no idea how he still has the job.
So I'm just waiting around now. Fingers crossed it'll be all good.
Money hungry vet.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54508 on: October 20, 2012, 06:52:48 am »

a trail of dead grass in the middle of our garden where it kept running.
That's not a cat, that's some weird hellspawn with anti-biotic properties.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #54509 on: October 20, 2012, 07:02:41 am »

a trail of dead grass in the middle of our garden where it kept running.
That's not a cat, that's some weird hellspawn with anti-biotic properties.

It ran over the exact same path every night, trampling the grass. It basically made a thin *trail* for itself. Kinda impressive, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 3632 3633 [3634] 3635 3636 ... 8167