Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3630 3631 [3632] 3633 3634 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9469603 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54465 on: October 19, 2012, 08:30:57 am »

Your form of humour often slips straight past my head. Same with your friends, well... Mr Fernando anyway.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #54466 on: October 19, 2012, 09:06:33 am »

I seem to be the only browncoat at school :(

Damn Alliance school system. Try not to get beaten up on Unification Day.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54467 on: October 19, 2012, 10:20:12 am »

I start a 6 day stretch, then one day off, then another 6 days. I like my job, but damn.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54468 on: October 19, 2012, 11:33:09 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 02:52:10 pm by Ogdibus »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54469 on: October 19, 2012, 11:41:54 am »

My mother saw me typing, came over and looked at the forum for three seconds.

"Blah blah pedophiles blah blah Reudh isn't foreign hes american pedophile blah"

For ten minutes. Seriously. She believes each and every user on the internet wants to kidnap and rape me. This saddens me. My mother is an insane lunatic.

-Edit-

No, she's not being a mom. She literally believes each and every one of you are pedobear, and that you may as well live across the street. And that everyone with internet lives in America or something.

I know I'm strange, but I'm not that strange. ;_;

And yeah, I'm from Australia as most of you know. If it makes her feel better I could supply with rough gps coordinates. XD
Meh, i am strange too. :(

Am i pedobear too?

Corai, I can see you. Through your windows. From across the street. Even though I live seven hundred miles away.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54470 on: October 19, 2012, 12:31:27 pm »

My only issue with anybody at that age claiming to be able to give consent is that 12-year-olds are stupid and are much worse decision makers than they think they are.
This applies to goddamn everyone. Adults aren't really smarter; they're just more experienced. And how does one gain experience...?

I am though supportive of measures that prevent and/or significantly reduce the chances of the more horrible stuff. Use condoms. Have day after pills. Parents/friends should be there to help if the relationship turns abusive somehow. Stuff like that.
1. It does indeed apply to everyone. But intelligence need not factor much into this - children are much more impressionable.
2. As a result, the "more horrible stuff" can also be things like sexual grooming.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54471 on: October 19, 2012, 01:23:09 pm »

There are a myriad of issues there. Which one in particular do you want to talk about as it applies to teenagers? Prostitution? Rape?

Obviously I don't condone rape. Prostitution is generally a symptom of a larger problem (in your example, it's that these kids came from desperate situations, bad families, etc) and not really the problem itself.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #54472 on: October 19, 2012, 01:53:46 pm »

My mother saw me typing, came over and looked at the forum for three seconds.

"Blah blah pedophiles blah blah Reudh isn't foreign hes american pedophile blah"

For ten minutes. Seriously. She believes each and every user on the internet wants to kidnap and rape me. This saddens me. My mother is an insane lunatic.

-Edit-

No, she's not being a mom. She literally believes each and every one of you are pedobear, and that you may as well live across the street. And that everyone with internet lives in America or something.

I know I'm strange, but I'm not that strange. ;_;

And yeah, I'm from Australia as most of you know. If it makes her feel better I could supply with rough gps coordinates. XD

Hi Corai's mom, I rarely ever rape children.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54473 on: October 19, 2012, 01:55:35 pm »

"Fucking Pedobear, Winnie the Pooh touched kids before it was cool!"
-My brother on the subject

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54474 on: October 19, 2012, 02:08:25 pm »

"Fucking Pedobear, Winnie the Pooh touched kids before it was cool!"
-My brother on the subject

Maybe the hearts of children.  Its been that owl the whole time, and everybody knows it. They've just been too afraid to say so.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54475 on: October 19, 2012, 02:15:31 pm »

There are a myriad of issues there. Which one in particular do you want to talk about as it applies to teenagers? Prostitution? Rape?

Obviously I don't condone rape. Prostitution is generally a symptom of a larger problem (in your example, it's that these kids came from desperate situations, bad families, etc) and not really the problem itself.
Not all of them came from bad families nor desperate situations. There were even cases where it was literally just normal young girls being lured into prostitution by boys of the same age. Teenagers. Education wise, definitely teach kids about sex. Just don't be messing with consent age laws :/

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54476 on: October 19, 2012, 02:26:12 pm »

Mmm, I'm going to ultimately end up agreeing with you, though through a different way most likely. I don't like age of consent laws due to their arbitrary nature (as I said, I feel I could've given consent around age 12). However, actually testing who's competent enough to give consent wouldn't be remotely easy to do (unlike say, testing whether someone's competent to drive a car), so I'll accept an arbitrary age limit for practicality reasons. Some over that limit won't really be competent, some under will.

I don't particularly see a difference between prostitution at a young age and at an older age, provided we're comparing individuals equally competent to give consent. And I don't particularly have a problem with the profession, except for the risks it comes with (STDs, pregnancy, etc) and the fact it's usually motivated by desperation, rather than a more mundane interest in the field.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #54477 on: October 19, 2012, 03:13:53 pm »

Hi Corai's mom. Don't worry, no one here will rape Corai. Do horrible experiments on him maybe.

Corai, meet me at the old abandoned warehouse on the edge of town. Bring medical records.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #54478 on: October 19, 2012, 03:15:13 pm »

Indeed. It's not every day we get to see if Kobolds are compatible with Lycanthropic disease.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #54479 on: October 19, 2012, 06:59:44 pm »

I may not be able to save the Creek tribes this time.  :( Castille is just too strong, and they're pressing me back in europe while a doomstack of riflemen wipe the floor with the poor Creek, who have numbers but hardly any tech. I'm going to try splitting my powerbase and having my American colonies try to push back the spaniards, but I don't have much hope for them. If only I could get the Huron military access; but that's not an option in the diplomacy menu. I suppose they'll fight on my homefront and try to keep the Spaniards out of the colonies while I protect the Creek.

It's the damn wars in India sucking away my manpower for a meaningless fight that means nothing. Nothing, dammit! They have to know they can't win, but they still attack. Fucking indians, man, scaring good british citizens and then you can't go into the military so good any more. I only have two provinces, they're TRADING WITH YOU, and they never belonged to your dinky little nation in the first place. *sigh*. I broke the nation up, but that won't hold them off for long. I have to get finished with this war in one or another, even if it means cedeing most of the Creek Territory in favor of a war I'll start later when I'm ready. And by ready I mean I'll see if I can't get France and Naples to join in the dogpile and finally quash them.

Castille is a beast. They whomped Protugal early on, and the protugese only recently got independance from their vassalage somehow.

The game is Europa Universalis 3, btw. It's the latter end of the 1500's and muskets are becoming more and more common among the advanced of Europe. And spain seems to have designs on the Native Americans I've been nurturing.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 3630 3631 [3632] 3633 3634 ... 8167