Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3461 3462 [3463] 3464 3465 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461285 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51930 on: September 13, 2012, 11:45:33 am »

Hellas != "Magna Graecia", depending on POV. Most of the people of Attica and the Peloponnese didn't consider Macedon as being "Greek", partly because they didn't follow the polis city-state political system but rather the more traditional kingship model. By that logic, the far-flung colonies in Asia Minor were more Greek than Alexander.

Ehr.. This Magna Graecia? :P

I'm not sure what you're getting at though. All Greek peoples/tribes/citizens city-states or colonies considered themselves Hellenic. Whether their city or colony laid in Hellas proper was irrelevant, they were still of Hellenic culture. That the Macedonians considered themselves Hellenic as well while the "main" Greeks did not is beyond the point - I was simply answering Hans' saying that Alexander's "Hellenic" Empire wasn't an actual "Greek" Empire.

I still wish the Byzantine empire had survived...

Anyway, I'm sad because I'm trying out new meds and I don't like how they're affecting me. But I think I need them to finish high school and get into University...

Liar! Any true Byzantophile would call them the Eastern Roman Empire! You'll not be able to infiltrate us, you spying Ottoman dog!

What kind of drugs are they, though?
Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51931 on: September 13, 2012, 11:47:09 am »

Vyvanse, 30 mg.

And shush, you. I'll call it what I want! I'll call it Romania!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51932 on: September 13, 2012, 12:01:13 pm »

Forced social interactions with stupid intellectually challenged people make me sad.

Every day. Every damned day. And they typically treat you like you're the dumb one, because it couldn't possibly be them.

Got my '86 Monte Carlo SS back from the shop, having re-done all the head work, taking a 350 engine running on only 4 cylinders back to the kind of power it should have.
It was parked out front of my house for a whole three hours, during which time someone side swiped it, denting the front panel and leaving deep scratches. Didn't leave any info of course, probably did no damage to their own car. Fucking people.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 12:05:11 pm by yougiedeggs »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #51933 on: September 13, 2012, 12:11:42 pm »

Forced social interactions with stupid intellectually challenged people make me sad.

Every day. Every damned day. And they typically treat you like you're the dumb one, because it couldn't possibly be them.

Had the rather unfortunate conversation with someone today who thought indifferent was a 'fancy word' and proceeded to delve into a 10 minute monologue about 'fancy words.'

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51934 on: September 13, 2012, 01:18:45 pm »

Anyway, I'm sad because I'm trying out new meds and I don't like how they're affecting me. But I think I need them to finish high school and get into University...
D:

I looked that up and it looks like ADHD medication? Not alone there buddy :( It sucks being completely unable to focus.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51935 on: September 13, 2012, 01:28:35 pm »

Well thats just great, my father's going into surgery next week and will be out of a job for 3 months again. Went over with him on whats his workers comp and our estimation of the house and the car bills and leaves him with $175 left :/
Thats of course not including food and gas expenses and extra medical bills.
As far as i can see it, my mother will be handling the food expenses and i need to at least contribute 200 over the 60 i pay for my insurance so my dad has some type of buffer.
Now just my brother needs to get over himself and get a job to pay his horrendous insurance bill and contribute 300, and we can still live in the house without worrying too much.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #51936 on: September 13, 2012, 02:38:35 pm »

I have been depressed and I dont know why. I have not played any video games, or watched any tv in several weeks. All I do is go home, get in bed and read. Nothing else.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51937 on: September 13, 2012, 02:40:04 pm »

Are the books good at least? :|
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #51938 on: September 13, 2012, 02:44:58 pm »

Are the books good at least? :|

Kinda, I've read a lot worse. I have not read fiction in a long time, reading the Song of Ice and Fire series. The other book I read recently was Snow Crash, and Martin is a better author than Stephenson. I didn't find a grammatical error on page 3 of A Game of Thrones like I did with Snow Crash.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51939 on: September 13, 2012, 03:01:23 pm »

Dammit, I just want somebody to come along and sweep me off my feet. Why do I have to have such unrealistic dreams?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51940 on: September 13, 2012, 03:05:07 pm »

Dammit, I just want somebody to come along and sweep me off my feet. Why do I have to have such unrealistic dreams?
I'd offer to take you out but I can't find you on the member map so I can't determine how unrealistic that would be.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51941 on: September 13, 2012, 03:10:40 pm »

FTL is out tomorrow and I won't be able to buy it until Tuesday.  This is the worst thing to ever happen to anyone.  Ever.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51942 on: September 13, 2012, 04:06:26 pm »

For a second I thought that was Faster than Light.

So I was thinking "Wait, we have faster than light travel already? Wat. And he's complaining because he can't buy it for another few days? watwat."

SO... yeah.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51943 on: September 13, 2012, 04:07:15 pm »

* kaijyuu thought the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #51944 on: September 13, 2012, 04:08:37 pm »

I've felt like the last few days have been determined to chip away at my ideals
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 3461 3462 [3463] 3464 3465 ... 8167