Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3463 3464 [3465] 3466 3467 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9457484 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #51960 on: September 13, 2012, 11:42:28 pm »

I swear, once I get out on my own again, I'll be buying decent food so that I can lose some freakin' weight. I miss gothing up and going to the clubs. Getting hit on by straight dudes is hilarious!

The original Nintendo64 game or the Nintendo DS version?
This. This made me sad. I am old. ;_;
*spit-take*
HOW DID I MISS THAT?! I still remember the SNES Mario Kart!
I'm not sure, bro. It was right there.

Anyway, do you remember RC Pro-Am? That's the racing game I cut my teeth on.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51961 on: September 13, 2012, 11:42:41 pm »

I was about to comment on it as well, but I felt at the last moment it would have been pedantically pointing out a pointless detail.

That, and I was ninja'd.

CookieRaider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51962 on: September 13, 2012, 11:43:58 pm »

Damnit! stop typing new replies before I can post mine! It won't let me post!

SNES, actually. Koopa is the best.

Of the later ones I actually rather like Double Dash.

There was a Mario Kart game for the SNES!? :O

The original Nintendo64 game or the Nintendo DS version?
This. This made me sad. I am old. ;_;

If you are old, I am old too. Therefore, you are not old.

Edit: Finally!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51963 on: September 13, 2012, 11:45:49 pm »

Dude. Watch and be amazed.

That Mode 7? That HDMA? The SNES at its prime.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51964 on: September 13, 2012, 11:45:56 pm »

Blehish today.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51965 on: September 13, 2012, 11:47:18 pm »

I swear, once I get out on my own again, I'll be buying decent food so that I can lose some freakin' weight. I miss gothing up and going to the clubs. Getting hit on by straight dudes is hilarious!

Say, what's a pretty looking lady like yo-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

CookieRaider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51966 on: September 13, 2012, 11:50:15 pm »

*is amazed

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51967 on: September 13, 2012, 11:50:40 pm »

I dunno about that. There was a game for the SNES that used the Super Scope, where you fought a shitload of giant alien robots alongside all the planets in the solar system, and...that's really all I remember about it. My friends across the street had it, and they'd always just sit and watch me play, because they couldn't beat the first couple of levels, and I would routinely get to Saturn before getting called back across the street.

Say, what's a pretty looking lady like yo-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The best save I've ever heard: "Say, what's a girl like you doing..." *I turn around* "...wearing a goatee? Seriously, what the hell, man? Skin tight leather pants!?"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 11:52:13 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

CookieRaider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51968 on: September 13, 2012, 11:52:17 pm »

*is also hungry

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51969 on: September 13, 2012, 11:53:33 pm »

Battle Clash, maybe? Lots of giant robot fights in that one. Was actually a really good shooting gallery game.

Weren't too many super scope games, and the only other one I remember with robots was a terminator game.

And serious mode, the most technically impressive SNES games would probably have to be one of the following: Star Fox, Pilotwings, or Yoshi's Island.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51970 on: September 13, 2012, 11:54:33 pm »

I dunno about that. There was a game for the SNES that used the Super Scope, where you fought a shitload of giant alien robots alongside all the planets in the solar system, and...that's really all I remember about it. My friends across the street had it, and they'd always just sit and watch me play, because they couldn't beat the first couple of levels, and I would routinely get to Saturn before getting called back across the street.

This reminds me of something from my past.
My father had some sort of mini love affair with Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire for N64 (three hands FTW!), which is also the VERY first video game I EVER played. And it was fucking boss.
Anyway, my dad got to Gall Spaceport. The level where you face (DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!) Boba Fett. The motherfucking Boba Fett.
Boba Fett killed my dad for weeks on end. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow, but Fett always won. Then, finally, my dad killed Boba, in an epic duel of titanic proportions, two cunning minds facing off against each other in a cutting battle of tactics and improvisation. My dad exulted, dropping the controller!

And Boba Fett's ship rose up in the backround, guns readied.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51971 on: September 13, 2012, 11:55:24 pm »

Niiice :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51972 on: September 13, 2012, 11:55:55 pm »

Battle Clash, maybe? Lots of giant robot fights in that one. Was actually a really good shooting gallery game.
Indeed it was!

Also, I never got to play the original Star Fox. The SNES was too expensive, so we had an NES and a Sega Master System until 1996, when we got a PS1.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51973 on: September 13, 2012, 11:58:11 pm »

Niiice :P

It got even better. After my dad gave up on this 'impossible fight', my sister's twelve year old friend came along and killed Fett and his ship in about two tries.
He's fucking with us.

CookieRaider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51974 on: September 13, 2012, 11:58:58 pm »

Boba Fett killed my dad for weeks on end. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow, but Fett always won. Then, finally, my dad killed Boba, in an epic duel of titanic proportions, two cunning minds facing off against each other in a cutting battle of tactics and improvisation. My dad exulted, dropping the controller!

And Boba Fett's ship rose up in the backround, guns readied.

It got even better. After my dad gave up on this 'impossible fight', my sister's twelve year old friend came along and killed Fett and his ship in about two tries.

Lol!  :P
Pages: 1 ... 3463 3464 [3465] 3466 3467 ... 8167