Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3064 3065 [3066] 3067 3068 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449032 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45975 on: April 23, 2012, 05:50:54 pm »

It's ballroom, gotta do the right dance. And don't worry dudes, I have a dude on this determined to teach me stuff and get me to ask at least three ladies to the floor.

Buddies, asking the ladies is the least of my problems. Not even a problem, they are all friends anyway. It's the whole knowing the routines thing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45976 on: April 23, 2012, 05:58:47 pm »

I got a text message from twitter in class today, and my phone wasn't on silent for some reason (I know it was the whole rest of the day :( )

I feel like a horrible student for some reason. I hate messing up on stupid stuff during school.
All the gamers/nerds in my class crack up when that happens to me. This is my "Incoming Text" alert.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45977 on: April 23, 2012, 06:23:30 pm »

Truean: the hard-drinking legal representative of the NYBD; New York Booze Detectives.

Unfortunately no. That gig pays better. This is just me slapping on a happy face and professional demeanor to hide the sadness so people will hire me and judges will appoint me.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #45978 on: April 23, 2012, 06:25:59 pm »

What does it matter if you know the song or not? Just dance to it! Most dances are pretty versatile, I don't think I've ever seen dances built for specific songs, though there are dances that are more or less appropriate.

Maybe I'm just jealous of the idea of dance socials. I fucking love dancing. :/

Dancing like an idiot is my favourite pasttime!  :D

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45979 on: April 23, 2012, 07:26:55 pm »

She's not actually content to stay indoors together most weekends, and the reason she's been watching so much DS9 lately is because it's the best way to be around me while I blow all my time on the computer.

I'm a crummy boyfriend.

Thankfully we're catching the problem early, but...  do I have the right personality to fix it?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45980 on: April 23, 2012, 07:32:05 pm »

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/cruelest_cut_out_8iAZkm6NB0YWIBpBHsXEQP

I generally don't like rich people, and I realize this is probably an extreme example or something. I don't care. This woman donated a Kidney so her ailing boss could move up the transplant list; this got her boss a Kidney.... So they demanded that after donating her Kidney, she return back to work long before her boss did after receiving a Kidney.... Of course she couldn't.... They fired her, and after her boss yelled at her for taking recovery time that saved said boss' life. That bitch.... :(

No good deed goes unpunished....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:43:01 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45981 on: April 23, 2012, 08:47:29 pm »

Truean, after reading of the latest booze theft, I feel it necessary to suggest buying an expensive bottle of liquor, transferring its contents to an empty and washed bottle of cheaper booze (to avoid waste), then filling the expensive bottle with water and appropriate food coloring. Also, laxatives. Or some other method of booby trapping it (I'd assume you would know what would and would not be legal).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #45982 on: April 23, 2012, 09:10:55 pm »

Well, instead of water, a beverage that actually tastes like booze would be needed, nay?

Also, alcohol + laxative = either very strong effect or no effect at all. :P

Kids(?), if you are going to adulterate alcoholic beverages, never put Tylenol (it eats liver for breakfast when buffed by alcohol) or a sedative (a couple times the normal power) in it.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #45983 on: April 23, 2012, 09:14:43 pm »

Well, instead of water, a beverage that actually tastes like booze would be needed, nay?

Also, alcohol + laxative = either very strong effect or no effect at all. :P

Kids(?), if you are going to adulterate alcoholic beverages, never put Tylenol (it eats liver for breakfast when buffed by alcohol) or a sedative (a couple times the normal power) in it.
But its gotta match my drunk song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwRZOigr3jw :P

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45984 on: April 23, 2012, 10:51:14 pm »

I'm upset that the spindle of old CD's and computer games that contained my copy of Rollercoaster Tycoon and all the expansions has disappeared, and I suspect that my Mom has thrown it away in her frantic redneck renovation of the house.

Dammit, me and RCT had memories together.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45985 on: April 23, 2012, 10:56:02 pm »

There's always the internet.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45986 on: April 23, 2012, 11:02:35 pm »

There's always the internet.

Immediate thought:

Quote from: Brain
But the internet doesn't provide that warmth, that loving affection. On those lonesome nights, it's not the internet that's there to quell your worries, to quench that need for someone. On those nights, it was always RCT there, there to snuggle up close, to hold me tight, that cold, laminated plastic against my skin.

I apologize, I've said too much...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #45987 on: April 23, 2012, 11:09:16 pm »

Yes, the solution to truean's problem is obviously to fill all his alcohol with laxatives.  ::)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45988 on: April 23, 2012, 11:09:28 pm »

I think Japa was referring to the fact that you can download RCT from the internet. Legally, probably!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45989 on: April 23, 2012, 11:26:00 pm »

Yes, the solution to truean's problem is obviously to fill all his alcohol with laxatives.  ::)
No, the solution is to fill his non-alcohol with laxatives and disguise it as high-quality alcohol, the better to trick his clerk. But seriously the laxatives thing was just the first thing that came to mind. Any nonlethal booby trap that won't mess up the office would also work, providing it is legal.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 3064 3065 [3066] 3067 3068 ... 8167