Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3054 3055 [3056] 3057 3058 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451880 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45825 on: April 18, 2012, 01:31:39 pm »

Ceefax is effectively dead. A few areas can still get it but now it's not available in London I don't think the Beeb can be bothered keeping it going.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #45826 on: April 18, 2012, 01:40:46 pm »

Also, I keep multiple hobbies and a few more interests to get me going. Can't write? Make chainmaille! Keep screwing up the weave? Play video games! Can't play video games? Go kayaking! Can't go kayaking? Write!
Don't expect to keep most of those after you enter medical school.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #45827 on: April 18, 2012, 01:43:12 pm »

Eh, from what I hear they have decent regulations now. 80 hour work weeks max. 1 weekend off a month. The good stuff =p
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #45828 on: April 18, 2012, 01:50:48 pm »

Ceefax is effectively dead. A few areas can still get it but now it's not available in London I don't think the Beeb can be bothered keeping it going.
??? :o
why would you I don't even

It reminds me of reading headlines on GEnie.

Which, while googling to make sure I was thinking of the right early BBS, I came across this instead.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45829 on: April 18, 2012, 02:01:51 pm »

I was going to come in here and say that I skipped lab time because I just don't want to sit in class anymore. I can't take it.

But damn, RedKing. That blew my sad out of the water. It is also now my sad.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #45830 on: April 18, 2012, 04:42:55 pm »

There wasn't anything I could do to help my  friend when she was crying, and there wasn't anything I could do to make the two idiots in my chinese class stop disrupting the class and show some respect for the teacher and everyone else. I just feel so helpless now  :(
It's FEF, not FEOF

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #45831 on: April 18, 2012, 05:35:55 pm »

Do it. While scambaiting you get some really great ones.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #45832 on: April 18, 2012, 06:24:32 pm »

It is to be lamented that those cattle cars of transport, jet planes, live on and are the only way to travel by air, when the objectively awesome zeppelin has been abandoned for the purposes of such travel. I should love to take my honeymoon in Paris when I marry and travel first-class aboard a zeppelin from New York.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45833 on: April 18, 2012, 08:26:58 pm »

For some reason I hopped on an old community I had once frequented, that is now utterly dead. I was hoping to at least feel nostalgic, or maybe even find other members still hanging around. And then I remembered that I'd lied to everyone there, and kept lies going for months at a time, and it felt awful then and it feels awful now. I left a rather long goodbye message in case anyone else drifted through, but I missed my chance to keep those people close and I'll never get them back.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #45834 on: April 18, 2012, 09:30:31 pm »

4chan has sucked me in and I'm still trying to break free of its iron grip on my sleep schedule.

It truly is a monster.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45835 on: April 18, 2012, 10:13:27 pm »

Me: "The foreclosure defense is fine. But.... This thing where I don't dig into everything and piss off the bank for  real possible tactical advantage and largely for spite.... That's new and I do not approve.... I protest it thoroughly and expect to be ignored just as thoroughly, moreso even."
Boss: "I'm glad your expectations will be met."

I like pissing off banks. Now I'm getting put on cases where I piss off people who aren't banks, because something about co worker I didn't pay attention to.... I think she took on too many cases again. I dunno. She seems fine overall. Meh.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:15:10 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45836 on: April 18, 2012, 10:57:38 pm »

So I've got a great idea for a story to start writing, but I'm really hung up on what to name these people... This is a typical problem for me.

*sigh*

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #45837 on: April 18, 2012, 11:26:23 pm »

So I've got a great idea for a story to start writing, but I'm really hung up on what to name these people... This is a typical problem for me.

*sigh*
Might I suggest Acronyms and (if applicable) portmanteaus?  Especially acronyms, if it's fantasy.

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #45838 on: April 19, 2012, 01:26:09 am »

Ever since I was beaten up by people I thought were my friends in elementary school for saying maybe, I feel like I can't trust anyone and that anyone that I try to befriend only stay with me for a couple months before never speaking with me ever again.
nothing

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45839 on: April 19, 2012, 02:06:38 am »

Ever since I was beaten up by people I thought were my friends in elementary school for saying maybe, I feel like I can't trust anyone and that anyone that I try to befriend only stay with me for a couple months before never speaking with me ever again.
The trust thing strikes me as a little weird... Are you saying you're worried people are going to beat the crap out of you if you become their friends? Because that kind of thing is rather rare... and prosecutable outside of elementary school.
Pages: 1 ... 3054 3055 [3056] 3057 3058 ... 8167