Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3011 3012 [3013] 3014 3015 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435784 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45180 on: March 26, 2012, 11:50:37 am »

That post ended depressingly.

Maully was a fairly nice cat. Of course everyone just heard "Molly" but no, it was "Maully," as in "maul."
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #45181 on: March 26, 2012, 11:55:00 am »

All that matters was how Maully lived.

Maully was a fairly nice cat.

That settles it.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #45182 on: March 26, 2012, 02:35:58 pm »

I probably fulfil the look of a hipster (flat cap, glasses, liking unusual and obscure music, partial to old style clothing) but I don't actually get along well with anyone in that clique.

Imo some mainstream stuff is good but a lot is diluted and lost by becoming mainstream.

This.  Once in a while good mainstream stuff is released, but a lot of indie devs get good stuff out much more frequently, and are more responsive to fans or otherwise.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45183 on: March 26, 2012, 02:47:03 pm »

Indie artists don't have legions of whiny fans breathing down their neck either.

Well, less legions.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45184 on: March 26, 2012, 04:15:45 pm »

Or deadlines. Or executive meddling.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45185 on: March 26, 2012, 06:52:33 pm »

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:27:05 am by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #45186 on: March 26, 2012, 07:22:44 pm »

Keeping rented property requires work as well, and that's a lot of property to watch over. Also, they might need the money now for whatever.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45187 on: March 26, 2012, 07:30:28 pm »

Keeping rented property requires work as well, and that's a lot of property to watch over. Also, they might need the money now for whatever.

Na, I'm pretty sure they've never needed money for anything, ever. Admittedly, I'm bitter over losing the opportunity, but it's also the whole, "let's tear down the company that took a lifetime to build," thing I'm not liking. [shrugs].

Or, you know, they could just sell off one or a couple buildings instead of like... all 8?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 07:32:51 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45188 on: March 26, 2012, 07:44:05 pm »

I watched an interview with a friend of George Zimmerman, the guy who shot that teenager in Florida.  The guy actually said completely earnestly, "No, in that 911 tape, George didn't call the kid a coon.  I talked to him, and I know he said 'goon', which I understand is a term of endearment in the highschools these days."

That is the kind of thing that, when I hear it, I have to wonder where the Hell these people come from, and how do people become so goddamn awkward and shifty when they become adults.  God I hope I never turn into one of these people.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #45189 on: March 26, 2012, 07:45:20 pm »

Jesus, You can live damn well with an extra 6.6K a month. Hell, you can live pretty well on less than 6.6k a month.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45190 on: March 26, 2012, 07:51:03 pm »

I watched an interview with a friend of George Zimmerman, the guy who shot that teenager in Florida.  The guy actually said completely earnestly, "No, in that 911 tape, George didn't call the kid a coon.  I talked to him, and I know he said 'goon', which I understand is a term of endearment in the highschools these days."

That is the kind of thing that, when I hear it, I have to wonder where the Hell these people come from, and how do people become so goddamn awkward and shifty when they become adults.  God I hope I never turn into one of these people.

:(

Also this: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/orleans-police-officer-suspended-over-online-comments-trayvon-215328497.html

Which is far too common.... That's a police officer basically saying if you come in his town wearing a hoodie, then you can expect to die.... At least he's suspended for now....

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #45191 on: March 26, 2012, 07:51:57 pm »

Jesus, You can live damn well with an extra 6.6K a month. Hell, you can live pretty well on less than 6.6k a month.

But it's not that simple. You have to watch over a business if it's to stay productive, and if they already have their own stuff going on, it might be more trouble than it's worth. (Granted that a rental business is arguably easier to manage than some other stuff, but it would require watching over still, particularily one of such a size).

Plus, wouldn't that be the gross earnings?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45192 on: March 26, 2012, 07:54:13 pm »

Google Play. Everything Google does makes me more and more concerned.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45193 on: March 26, 2012, 07:54:42 pm »

But it's not that simple. You have to watch over a business if it's to stay productive, and if they already have their own stuff going on, it might be more trouble than it's worth. (Granted that a rental business is arguably easier to manage than some other stuff, but it would require watching over still, particularily one of such a size).

Plus, wouldn't that be the gross earnings?

There's a manager hired to do that who does all that stuff. Also, no, the figure I gave is after all expenses and their share of it. It would be counted as their personal income under IRS 61(a) and taxed as such, but no, that's all their share. It's been run exceptionally well and it goes without saying, but not by them. Pretty simple really: $400 per unit profit per month with zero vacancy x 50 units = $20,000.... That divided by 3.

That's the kinda shit that can happen exceptionally easily when you own buildings free and clear with no mortgage....
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:00:56 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45194 on: March 26, 2012, 08:00:59 pm »

"Free money for the rest of our lives!"

"No, no, that's a terrible idea. Let's have a considerably smaller lump sum now so we can spend it all and run the ever present risk of growing old in poverty."

"Oh... yeah, you make a good point. That's do that instead! Live the dream!"

*facepalm*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 3011 3012 [3013] 3014 3015 ... 8167