Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3004 3005 [3006] 3007 3008 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441437 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45075 on: March 23, 2012, 04:16:39 pm »

She's also married, so yeah.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45076 on: March 23, 2012, 04:20:36 pm »

I have a similar situation: two very attractive cousins. However, I've known them my entire life, so I view them more as sisters than anything else.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #45077 on: March 23, 2012, 04:44:31 pm »

ApPareNtly the C00fee my brother GoT fOr mE haaaaAd a Duuuuuuoble ShoT.  Heypeoeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45078 on: March 23, 2012, 04:54:19 pm »

My rather hot cousin that I only just met for the first time a few days ago makes me feel things i'm not comfortable with.
Not all that uncommon really: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #45079 on: March 23, 2012, 05:00:21 pm »

My rather hot cousin that I only just met for the first time a few days ago makes me feel things i'm not comfortable with.
Not all that uncommon really: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction
And why it's supposed to be uncommon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45080 on: March 23, 2012, 05:01:51 pm »

Your body wants to hit that sweet spot where you're not screwing family members nor screwing those dirty people from other tribes.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #45081 on: March 23, 2012, 05:08:13 pm »

Your body wants to hit that sweet spot
::)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45082 on: March 23, 2012, 05:09:27 pm »

That too.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45083 on: March 23, 2012, 05:27:08 pm »

Oh yeah... I know that feel.  Luckily it's just the one.  What's worse is that she's actually my second-cousin by way of a half-great-uncle so technically we're not even that closely okay I'm gonna stop now.
And why it's supposed to be uncommon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

Yay for Finnish scientists out-Freuding Freud? Also, been there done that, and have met a handful of other people who have been in similar boats. In my case she wasn't genetically related though, but by the same token I didn't feel she was crazy-hot either; just good-looking, talented, and fun to be around. More than anything, I think it was just her personality, and getting to know it in a comfortable environment, rather than anything biological or innate.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45084 on: March 23, 2012, 05:29:48 pm »

Your body wants to hit that sweet spot where you're not screwing family members nor screwing those dirty people from other tribes.
That can be easily achieved by not screwing at all.

Once again I prove myself to be victorious over human nature.

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #45085 on: March 23, 2012, 06:01:30 pm »

I am saddened by the shift of computers towards cloud computing and social networking. I feel like people are becoming far too reliant on the internet. Everything seems to like it's going to need to constantly need to be connected to the internet to properly function. It feels like things are changing from products to services, and I don't really like that. I prefer to have control over what I buy.
nothing

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45086 on: March 23, 2012, 07:25:17 pm »

Me too.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #45087 on: March 23, 2012, 08:19:35 pm »

We just need to force the internet to shut off every so often for an hour or two, and things will go back to normal.  That is, force everyone to have Comcast :)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45088 on: March 23, 2012, 09:04:31 pm »

That can be easily achieved by not screwing at all.
Also, pfffffff.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45089 on: March 24, 2012, 12:23:44 am »

Roommate's girlfriend is drunk and passed out on my floor right now. Hopefully the open window clears away the smell of vomit.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 3004 3005 [3006] 3007 3008 ... 8167