Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2953 2954 [2955] 2956 2957 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439588 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44310 on: March 07, 2012, 03:44:57 pm »

That helps. Thanks.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #44311 on: March 07, 2012, 03:47:10 pm »

I've been here for years and I don't actually know how to block/ignore people.

Samish; On the topic, there was a recent article about "The worst job on the Internet" ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/9118778/The-dark-side-of-Facebook.html
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44312 on: March 07, 2012, 03:59:27 pm »

so in short, DO NOT SUPPORT INVISIBLE CHILDREN,

This made me sad today.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44313 on: March 07, 2012, 04:19:42 pm »

People keep trying to make me care about something like that. I just don't have the money to help anybody right now.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44314 on: March 07, 2012, 04:23:06 pm »

so in short, DO NOT SUPPORT INVISIBLE CHILDREN,

This made me sad today.

why did this make you sad today?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44315 on: March 07, 2012, 04:25:36 pm »

Got the urge to play Dawn of War: Dark Crusade.

Found out I can't install it because I lost the manual somewhere and don't have the CD-Key
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44316 on: March 07, 2012, 05:09:43 pm »

Discussion about posters that say that 'Gay =/= Stupid' and similar messages came up in class today.

Friend of mine, who is generally a good person, pretty much asked why it mattered, and then went and said that it doesn't matter if it offends the gay people because being gay is a despicable sin anyways. ??? Lovely. Just lovely.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44317 on: March 07, 2012, 05:29:15 pm »

Because I generally oppose child abduction, forcing them to murder their parent and turning them into soldiers. I was just making a general statement, didn't mean to offend you.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44318 on: March 07, 2012, 05:57:59 pm »

Because I generally oppose child abduction, forcing them to murder their parent and turning them into soldiers. I was just making a general statement, didn't mean to offend you.

oh no, it didn't offend me.  It's just I generally oppose organizations saying they're non profit when they aren't and taking peoples money and spending it on themselves.  And what money they aren't spending on themselves, is being spent on something that will result in the death of a lot of innocent children.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44319 on: March 07, 2012, 06:26:46 pm »

About that child abduction guy video. Why did they have footage from occupy in one of the videos and why is Colbert pictured when talking about politicians?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44320 on: March 07, 2012, 07:23:19 pm »

Why [client], why doesth thou freaking piss off the judge on purpose so...? You know it's just gonna make it worse for you. You may not know/care that it makes it worse for me. I shall be sitting in this law library doing research you neither deserve or appreciate to see if I can pull your unappreciative, over-assuming ass out of the fire. Unlike you, I know what I'm doing/have gotten myself in and out of the fire in the courtroom several times. Guess what, tomorrow, I'm gonna do it again to try and save you. No, you're not as good at is as you think you are.

It's a god damn white water rapid system in that courtroom. You're the stupid tourist and I'm the lame, sandal wearing hippy raft sherpa who has been up and down this overgrown river repeatedly. Who do you think has the greater chance of not failing out of the boat in this metaphor?  [headdesk]. Yes, by all means, call the "cop" a "fucking liar" in front of the judge again.... That'll work....  ::)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:32:17 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44321 on: March 07, 2012, 07:52:54 pm »

I would have to be tempted to throw up my hands and yell, "That's it. I quit. You're on your own, moron."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44322 on: March 07, 2012, 08:02:56 pm »

But once you've done it once, you'll be tempted to do it again, and you won't have any clients left if you do that to all the stupid ones!

Also, Truean, how did it go with that case you told us about a while back with the woman who'd been paying you a retainer, and the other lawyer laughed and said to give it up because she'd never afford you and you cam back with her having already paid and made him shut up?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44323 on: March 07, 2012, 08:05:28 pm »

That would just be my way of keeping myself from assaulting them in the courtroom. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44324 on: March 07, 2012, 09:10:21 pm »

I would have to be tempted to throw up my hands and yell, "That's it. I quit. You're on your own, moron."

You're a better person than me, because I'm tempted to strangle them. Often.

You mean this?

Pretty good overall. Opposing counsel has wracked up several hours with me and generally on this case at his $355/hour rate. My client has faithfully kept up her $60/month payment. The whole year contract being $720 for her. Keep in mind, she's also updated her will and had a traffic violation

Meanwhile, I know for a fact opposing counsel has gotten at LEAST 12 hours out of this before the trial has even happened, which is what? A minimum of $4260 so far.... That's if he's only billed 12 hours. Smart money says he's probably billed more so far on this and it's only going to get more expensive for the other side. meanwhile her side of things is staying the exact same cost for the most part. A single day of trial for the other side will cost them $2840 ($355 * 8 [more if it's 10 hours/day]). I shall take my $60/month from her.... My test case. One day I should like 100 like her, each paying me 760/year.... $76,000/year.... Maybe more, I'll have to work it out (I'll honestly have to be more once all is said and done).

Speaking of which, there is one small wrinkle though, my contract for services with her is up soon, because it will have been one year since we have signed the original agreement. So we're going to have to reach a renewal agreement.

No matter how you look at it, she's gotten an excellent deal out of me, especially compared to what the other side is charging in this one matter (and then there's the will update and the traffic matter I did). I wouldn't feel bad increasing it to $65/month, but I'm also reluctant to do so. I might have to. Not sure. I hope not. Clearly I do want to be fair to her. Part of me might honestly keep it at $60/month just to spite opposing counsel, who is dumbfounded as to why I have not settled yet, because it appears he thought I was bluffing after all about being paid in advance. Nope.... :)

So opposing counsel's standard strategy of making this shit take forever and starving my client out won't work in this instance....

My my, he's at a complete loss for what to do. He might actually have to fight me? Unchained? Unbound by financial concerns? Dare I say fairly? I don't think I've ever been able to fight free of concerns for name, unspoken ranks, restrictions, birth, client's wallet, anything but the law itself? The only thing she has to worry about are the filing fees for motions and such court papers? ...:).

I hate opposing counsel. [emphasis added]. I've hated him for years, and I'll always hate him until and after the day I smile down upon his grave. I shall taunt him when we are both in hell. I've been told to stand down and stand by so many times because although I was right, he was rich. Neither I nor my clients could afford to stand against him. We could not afford to win, though we deserved to....
Vice won over virtue and it undoubtedly shall again, but not this time. 

I have found a way around his advantage, though it is still imperfect. I shall have to reconsider and rebalance the system and its rates for maximum stability. I shall have to do more math and work out an anticipated number of hours spent upon each client so enrolled should I finally be able to apply my system on a wider scale.

Geology.... Pressure and time move and create mountains. With any luck one will fall on him or at least his Lexis.... :D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:20:18 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 2953 2954 [2955] 2956 2957 ... 8167