Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2954 2955 [2956] 2957 2958 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437963 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44325 on: March 07, 2012, 09:15:31 pm »

Good luck, I hope it becomes the standard as that seems better for everyone involved really. Well. From my prospective at least, the other lawyer is obviously getting a ton of money his way, so maybe not from his (or even yours? Average lawyers? No idea) prospective.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44326 on: March 07, 2012, 09:19:06 pm »

Awwww yeeee! I KNEW you'd get that wonderful system of yours up and running eventually Truean!

I'm rooting for you.

Have my babies, you wonderfully genius woman, you!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44327 on: March 07, 2012, 09:42:50 pm »

I would have to be tempted to throw up my hands and yell, "That's it. I quit. You're on your own, moron."

You're a better person than me, because I'm tempted to strangle them. Often.
You must have missed that post above yours.

Also, y u so awesome, Truean!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #44328 on: March 07, 2012, 10:11:36 pm »

why did this make you sad today?
Because I generally oppose child abduction, forcing them to murder their parent and turning them into soldiers. I was just making a general statement, didn't mean to offend you.

oh no, it didn't offend me.  It's just I generally oppose organizations saying they're non profit when they aren't and taking peoples money and spending it on themselves.  And what money they aren't spending on themselves, is being spent on something that will result in the death of a lot of innocent children.

Because the situation as it stands isn't resulting in the death of a lot of innocent children? 
Shoes...

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44329 on: March 08, 2012, 12:00:31 am »

I would have to be tempted to throw up my hands and yell, "That's it. I quit. You're on your own, moron."

[hug]

Missed? No, see, you'd eventually stop strangling them.... Bare handed serial murder might be worse than assault. :)

Awwww yeeee! I KNEW you'd get that wonderful system of yours up and running eventually Truean!

I'm rooting for you.

Have my babies, you wonderfully genius woman, you!

.... [hug]

I can honestly say that's the first time anyone's said that to me. :P

Good luck, I hope it becomes the standard as that seems better for everyone involved really. Well. From my prospective at least, the other lawyer is obviously getting a ton of money his way, so maybe not from his (or even yours? Average lawyers? No idea) prospective.

O I fully expect them to all come after me if I try this. They'll try and say I'm "in the business of insurance" without a license and a million other things. I'll have researched defenses to that long before anything happens. Anyone whose wallet I could potentially make lighter will not like this.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44330 on: March 08, 2012, 01:03:01 am »

[hug]

Missed? No, see, you'd eventually stop strangling them.... Bare handed serial murder might be worse than assault. :)
Honestly, I've never (actively and/or purposely) killed anything, but if I started, I probably wouldn't be serial. I'd be shooting for massively parallel.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44331 on: March 08, 2012, 01:25:43 am »

Got a ticket from Metro (our train company) because I couldn't produce a valid concession ticket. What had happened was my Health Care Card had expired, that day, and my student concession card wasn't ready yet. The officer said 'Yeah, no problem, you should be fine, this is just a formality i gotta go through,' so I thought I was alright.

Then today, two months later, I get a letter saying i've been fined $180. Good thing I just got a job. Very good thing indeed. If I don't pay it by mid-april, i get a further fine. If i don't pay it after that, i get another fine. After that?
Jail.

If I don't buy my uni textbooks until May, then I'll have enough to pay for it. Fucking life has to throw a spanner in the works.

And I can't believe Metro has the temerity to do such a thing when they provide such a substandard service. Last night, my train was delayed for ONE HOUR.
Since I started uni, two weeks ago, of the total 32 trains I had to catch, nearly 16 were late. Of those 16, 4 were cancelled entirely. One was delayed for ONE HOUR. Two were 25 minutes late to the destination.

And metro claim they get 90% 'punctuality'.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44332 on: March 08, 2012, 01:26:58 am »

What...the hell. Seriously.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44333 on: March 08, 2012, 01:47:12 am »

Frankly, I am massively disappointed by VD's flimsy grasp on what a non-profit organization is.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44334 on: March 08, 2012, 02:12:58 am »

I know what a non-profit organization is,
A non profit organization is a company that doesn't doesn't use it's excess money on salary, (very simple definition)

here is wikipedias definition

an organization that uses surplus revenues to achieve its goals rather than to distribute them as profit or dividends.
Basically the same thing as what I said, just put in better words.

So a company that spends 60% of the money they get to buy cars and houses and make the 3 founding members all millionaires in my opinion is not a non-profit organization.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44335 on: March 08, 2012, 02:36:24 am »

So a company that spends 60% of the money they get to buy cars and houses and make the 3 founding members all millionaires in my opinion is not a non-profit organization.
That is something you hadn't mentioned before. Because the stuff you mentioned in that other post? That's all kind of necessary to get things running.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44336 on: March 08, 2012, 03:38:38 am »

Yay, Valid understands.

90% of people i know have been going nutso about Kony, so two of my cousins and I did some research.

1. Kony was ousted from Uganda in 2006, following UN efforts. That does not mean that he is no longer active; his 'Lord's Resistance Army' - a hardline Christian army is still out there.
2. The group who made the video, 'Invisible Children', have been photographed posing with members of other Child Armies. Not doing anything about it, merely posing with them. When this was pointed out, they argued that Uganda's army was a greater threat.
3. Only 31% of the money donated to IC goes to help African Children.
4. What of the remaining 69% of your money? It goes to the pockets of the three heads of the organisation- already multimillionaires.
5. IC has been condemned multiple times for refusing external audits. What reason would a charity have to refuse external audits? Unless they had something to hide.
6. The UN has already been doing work there for a long time. If you wish to help African people, then donate to well-established charities that take a pittance out of their donations so they can run.
7. My personal opinion is that this is a scam that works by appealing to the general hive-mind of the public- that is, they want to be appearing to helping a cause, and if they donate to a cause then that feeling is assuaged. Kony2012 under IC exploits that.

Finally:My thoughts? Or a TL;DR.

IC is a scam. Kony is indeed a brutal dictator, but there are worse, and the UN have been working there for a long time now.
IC IS A SCAM.
If you want to help, donate to established charities like Oxfam, Medicines Sans Frontieres or similar.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44337 on: March 08, 2012, 04:38:44 am »

So hey, I hate insomnia. But you know what's worse than insomnia? A migraine. You know what's worse than having a migraine? Having a migraine and insomnia...

For fucks sake brain chemistry, can you just work with me here?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44338 on: March 08, 2012, 05:03:09 am »

You need a shower in the dark. Just be careful, but trust me, it will remove that headache, and once you dry yourself off it will help getting to sleep. Just make sure you have a hair dryer.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44339 on: March 08, 2012, 10:28:39 am »

Oh hey, he's back.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 2954 2955 [2956] 2957 2958 ... 8167