Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2913 2914 [2915] 2916 2917 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9459179 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43710 on: February 22, 2012, 04:45:49 pm »

That definitely earns you "responsible man that can take care of a family" points.  These kinds of situation are becoming so common that any social stigma about them should be disappearing.  Extended family homes are making a major comeback, because economy.

Your situation really sucks, though.  I'm sorry to hear about it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43711 on: February 22, 2012, 05:13:17 pm »

Yeah, I can't speak for anyone else, but I wouldn't let that dissuade me.  I can't stand people who live with their parents because they're lazy and want their mom to do their chores, but that's so far from your circumstances that you just shouldn't worry about it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #43712 on: February 22, 2012, 05:22:24 pm »

I am now imagining a man waxing their facial hair, and when doing the rip-it-off bit taking his whole jaw with it.

And that damned news report at least a decade ago about a van full of Chinese gymnasts crashing at high speed...

(personal nightmare fuel)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43713 on: February 22, 2012, 05:32:41 pm »

Had a ton of really culty end-times books at work today. None of them were worth selling, but the fact that each one had a "x00,000 sold!" (except, thankfully, the one that argued that the Pope personally killed Kennedy, Kennedy, and King) notation was extremely depressing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43714 on: February 22, 2012, 06:49:11 pm »

So the pope killed KKK?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43715 on: February 22, 2012, 07:32:52 pm »

Just getting my feet wet in computer service certification, I'm grasping more than ever a sense that's been making me more depressed even as I come closer to doing something useful with myself.  I am increasingly convinced that I basically wasted between four and six of the "best" years of my life.  I already know that I wasted one.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43716 on: February 22, 2012, 08:01:07 pm »

I feel like that alot Aqizzar. My 23rd b-day is coming up pretty fast, and I'm just terrified at the prospect that I'm getting older, yet achieving so little in the process.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43717 on: February 22, 2012, 08:15:35 pm »

So, I got the guy out of the traffic violation and the $250 fine (not including court costs), as well as his insurance dropping him, but he won't pay me $100...? ??? You get 12 points on your license and you start to lose it, like 6 months suspension mandatory. This would've been 6 for him..... Even win =/= get paid?

[rage]
SUE! GARNISH! HAVE DANISH!
[rage/]

I don't even care if it will cost more than $100 to sue him.... It just became recreational.

Watch, now he's gonna be all, "that evil mean lawyer! He's no good and didn't do anything! He sued me and I was his client!" I wonder why....
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 08:20:07 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43718 on: February 22, 2012, 08:21:29 pm »

I don't even care if it will cost more than $100 to sue him.... It just became recreational.
This line is delicious. Have fun ♫
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #43719 on: February 22, 2012, 08:37:55 pm »

So, I got the guy out of the traffic violation and the $250 fine (not including court costs), as well as his insurance dropping him, but he won't pay me $100...? ??? You get 12 points on your license and you start to lose it, like 6 months suspension mandatory. This would've been 6 for him..... Even win =/= get paid?

[rage]
[rage/]

Watch, now he's gonna be all, "that evil mean lawyer! He's no good and didn't do anything! He sued me and I was his client!" I wonder why....

You can add costs to collections, can't you?

Or can that not be done while representing yourself? (I'd figure at least the filing fees, etc. can be tacked on)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43720 on: February 22, 2012, 08:42:49 pm »

[rage]
[rage/]

You can add costs to collections, can't you?

Or can that not be done while representing yourself? (I'd figure at least the filing fees, etc. can be tacked on)

Usually not. The American Rule is pay to play; the English Rule is loser pays. Ordinarily that's just how it goes. I'd really love to get him in small claims if at all possible, and the look on that small claims magistrate's face will be utterly priceless if that is possible. The notion that attorney's fees reached only $100 is shocking enough. Meh. 
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43721 on: February 22, 2012, 08:49:32 pm »

I feel like all of my good friends dislike me lately, after being repetitively told to shut up by multiple people, all day. Either I have changed, or everyone is in a bad mood. :/
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43722 on: February 22, 2012, 09:03:22 pm »

I am having a simultaneous academic stress and video game excitement attack.

ahhhhhhhhhh

I've started working really hard a week or two ago and now I don't want to work that hard anymore, but I've really got to keep going, especially because I've got all this great stuff I want to do!  But ahhhhh

And you know, I really don't think that 20s are "the best years of your life."  They don't even have to be the most free!  Honestly, I don't think I've ever wasted a year, even though I spent most of one playing Harvest Moon and being pretty miserable.  I learned a whole lot about how to be in the world, if not a whole lot of marketable skills.  You can't judge yourself by the metrics of the corporate society!  You have to judge yourself for you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43723 on: February 22, 2012, 09:04:56 pm »

I feel like that alot Aqizzar. My 23rd b-day is coming up pretty fast, and I'm just terrified at the prospect that I'm getting older, yet achieving so little in the process.

I'm 28 and alternate between depressed resignation and frantic inspiration.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43724 on: February 22, 2012, 09:13:54 pm »

I'm 28 and alternate between depressed resignation and frantic inspiration.

I don't know if I should feel reassured or doubly worried.
Pages: 1 ... 2913 2914 [2915] 2916 2917 ... 8167