Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2912 2913 [2914] 2915 2916 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9459549 times)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43695 on: February 22, 2012, 02:10:50 pm »

Electric trimmers FTW.
Yeah, that's what I use. it's still a pretty time-consuming chore.

I tend to bite the bullet and do it once the kids are actively avoiding goodnight kisses because the experience is akin to being mauled by a hedgehog:P
One of the most adorable causes of death ever :D
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43696 on: February 22, 2012, 03:15:25 pm »

I fought my facial hair and it won.  I need to buy new razors but they're so damn expensive, and since I have delicate elf skin I can't use the cheap disposable ones.  They cut my face up.

Well, you don't want the cheapest disposable ones, no, but they do work.  First, you need to pay real close attention to exactly how you're holding the razor - the grain of the hair changes as you go down, especially if you've got neckbeard genes like me and RedKing it suddenly turns sideways when you get down the neck.  Likewise, you want the blades to be as flat against your skin as possible; it might feel like they can't be cutting anything, but that's exactly the idea.

But more importantly I guess, is that you just have to expect to fuck your face up a bit, and keep shaving regularly.  Your skin toughens up over time, and I still get nasty bumps if I don't whack it just right.  I don't even bother shaving my lips, I just keep a styling goatee.

I'm genuinely worried about my shaving future, because this is how it's going to be forever.  I got the worst facial hair genes from my mother's and father's side.  Whiskers from my cheekbones all the way to the larynx, with one little bald spot right under my lower lip.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43697 on: February 22, 2012, 03:24:56 pm »

Yeah, I don't even try to get a smooth shave in the places that get shaved. If the trimmer can knock it back to "five o'clock neck shadow" I'm good with that. Honestly, most of the reason I have a beard is that I'm too damn lazy and absent-minded to bother with shaving EVERY DAY. Which I'd need to do otherwise. When I'm old and retired, and no more fucks need be given about maintaining a "professional" appearance, imma let the hair and beard just grow to its fuzzy little hearts' content. I'll be trying to pull off the epic Gandalf look, but probably winding up more like Uncle Jesse from the Dukes of Hazzard.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43698 on: February 22, 2012, 03:27:32 pm »

I fought my facial hair and it won.  I need to buy new razors but they're so damn expensive, and since I have delicate elf skin I can't use the cheap disposable ones.  They cut my face up.
Even high quality razorblades are only like 50 cents a piece and should at least last you a couple goes. That doesn't seem terribly much, in all honesty?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43699 on: February 22, 2012, 03:28:00 pm »

I envy you guys.  I've just got the beginnings of a girl-'stache and unibrow.

I too could pretend to be a hedge!  But no, instead I just have social-awkward hair.

(On the other hand, now that my hair's been out of a braid for half a year, it's totally turned into the most embarrassing bishie-waves.  I love it.  I look so ridiculous)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43700 on: February 22, 2012, 03:39:04 pm »

Used a traightedge to shave and never had cutting problems, so my face skin is probably deceptively tough for my babyface complexion. Although I don't seem to grow anything between the mustache and the chin/neck hair, so no hopes of a full beard for me. Whatever, I've gotten complements on the lip caterpillar, don't need much more.

Unibrow hairs can drink some gasoline and burn because ladies will take note of them from miles away.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43701 on: February 22, 2012, 03:42:59 pm »

My beard trimmer broke, so now all I have to cut facial hair with is scissors and a dull razor
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43702 on: February 22, 2012, 03:44:23 pm »

Vector, luckily for you, you haven't shredded all of your facial pores with sharpened bits of metal (hopefully) so if you wanted, you still have the option to get waxed on your brow and lip. I get my brows done every once in a while and it's not terribly painful. Bros, don't try to wax yer face, especially on the jaw. The hair there is thick enough and the skin thin (and/or mangled) enough that if you rip out the hair, the roots fuck up your skin even more, causing you to bleed. Possibly to death.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43703 on: February 22, 2012, 03:52:04 pm »

My receding hairline is conspiring with an obstinate patch in the upper forehead that refuses to die. The end result is that I'm developing a forelock from hell. At this rate, I'm going to look like Genghis Khan's little-known "White Horde". (and yes, before anybody says it, I'm aware that there actually was a White Horde...I doubt they looked like me).

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43704 on: February 22, 2012, 04:05:47 pm »

So, I got so frustrated today with my programming class today that I walked out. I'm way behind, and it seems like the harder I try to catch up, the farther back I fall. Blurgh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43705 on: February 22, 2012, 04:13:29 pm »

So, I got so frustrated today with my programming class today that I walked out. I'm way behind, and it seems like the harder I try to catch up, the farther back I fall. Blurgh.
I know the feeling  :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #43706 on: February 22, 2012, 04:14:57 pm »

Not sure if sad is the right word for it. I've already put in my 50 hours for the week, and I am going to have a bit of time to think and act on the other problems in my life.

My mother, stepfather and sister are disabled, though my sister has been trying to work and getting laid off.

I need to rescue them, the alternative is them going homeless.

The only way to do that is to take them in.

And the only way to take them in is going to be me buying a big house for all of us to live in.

And as my job is dependent on a military contract, there is a decent chance I will have to move in 1 to 5 years, either to find another company or because the contracts in this area dried up and I need to relocate the Arlington, VA or Washington, DC to stay with my company.

This is sad. This is scary. This is me taking a huge risk on my future when I don't think I have a chance to win. This is me giving up on my freedom and independence. Giving up on finding good woman, because who is going to be with a man living with his parents? This is me subjecting myself to living with people I have nothing in common with except genetics and a shared horrific background, for who knows how long, without compensation, without hope, without any prospect for an end where I don't end up broke and destroying all my prospects for the future.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43707 on: February 22, 2012, 04:28:29 pm »

"on finding good woman, because who is going to be with a man living with his parents?"
One that recognizes the nobility of self-sacrifice.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #43708 on: February 22, 2012, 04:35:48 pm »

You just gotta frame it right, and make sure she hears "I'm supporting my parents" before she hears "I'm living with my parents"
Shoes...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43709 on: February 22, 2012, 04:40:30 pm »

Ninja'd by Cfoofoo. You're not living with your parents, your parents are living with you. Especially if you own the house, pay the bills, etc.

Pages: 1 ... 2912 2913 [2914] 2915 2916 ... 8167