Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2853 2854 [2855] 2856 2857 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9426635 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42810 on: February 01, 2012, 07:14:05 pm »

Remember to mention all the companies that went under because they didn't hire you, too. That would be every company that has failed that didn't employ you since the dawn of time. Hell, Rome fell because they didn't have you.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42811 on: February 01, 2012, 08:13:31 pm »

Tired.  Gotta work.  Dun wanner work.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #42812 on: February 01, 2012, 08:16:50 pm »

Tired.  Gotta work.  Dun wanner work.

Yar.  Four hours of sleep lastnight.  Periodically catnapping through work so far today.  Been doing this too much to be able to power through it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42813 on: February 01, 2012, 08:56:03 pm »

I was told that I can't learn anything from Dwarf Fortress.

In how many ways is that wrong?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42814 on: February 01, 2012, 09:48:51 pm »

I'm not sure if this is happy or sad news, but my mother is talking about adopting a chiwawa. I'm not sure we've got room for it though. Aren't four animals enough for us?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #42815 on: February 01, 2012, 09:56:58 pm »

I'm not sure if this is happy or sad news, but my mother is talking about adopting a chiwawa. I'm not sure we've got room for it though. Aren't four animals enough for us?

I would consider that sad news, but that's due to strong personal preference.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42816 on: February 01, 2012, 10:21:39 pm »

Depends on the other four animals, the type of chihuahua (and its circumstances!), and who exactly is going to be taking the majority of the burden of caring for it.

Things got a little unpleasant for me when m'own mutter decided she was going on a rescue dog (which is to say, rescued dogs; usually from poor situations or people that can no longer care for them) kick when there wasn't really enough room for them (The backyard fence was/is in seriously bad condition, so they couldn't be let roam the backyard.), she wasn't going to be the one taking care of them (but brought them into the house without consultation anyway), and a couple of the other animals we had didn't get along well with, well, other animals.

It's back down to sane numbers (for madre's house, occupancy, and capability) now, but for a bit it was good for neither the dogs nor the people living in the house.

It also really, really, depends on the chihuahua. I've met some really sweet ones (including the two current ones my mother has), but most of them have been little demon rats. Unpleasant little things, and I'm still leery about any canine that's smaller than most cats.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:24:24 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #42817 on: February 01, 2012, 11:25:08 pm »

My older brother has gotten into another cycle where he believes he doesn't need his medication.  Even when we remind him that he got horribly violent and frustrating to deal with before he started taking it.  Part of me just want to send him away.  The rest of me knows it would break my heart to do that.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42818 on: February 01, 2012, 11:36:42 pm »

So apparently I suddenly suck at playing the piano... much more so than before I mean, I'm stumbling over the keys more, and forgetting notes I'd already learned...

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42819 on: February 02, 2012, 12:57:55 am »

Got my wisdom teeth pulled out today.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42820 on: February 02, 2012, 02:30:20 am »

Exhausted.  Got nothing done today.  My roommate's been complaining all day about her dye job going badly, seriously for about 9 hours.  I'm so tired.  So fucking tired.  I don't have a bone of sympathy left in my body for her hair that now looks ugh brown so gross.

Seriously, I understand that it sucks, she spent a lot of money, it's apparently a "big part of her identity" to have red hair... but I don't need to hear about it this long.

Also, I got through 50 pages of The Secret Life of Bees before I had to give up.  It was just generally kind of bad.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #42821 on: February 02, 2012, 03:03:46 am »

My older brother has gotten into another cycle where he believes he doesn't need his medication.  Even when we remind him that he got horribly violent and frustrating to deal with before he started taking it.  Part of me just want to send him away.  The rest of me knows it would break my heart to do that.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I relate too well and understand how tough it can be. I hope things work out for the best.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42822 on: February 02, 2012, 05:14:36 am »

So DakkaDakka (a wargamming site) has an off-topic, like any forum. On a whim I checked it out, finding a topic about OWS member burning a flag. Reading through it, I found that most of the poeple who posted in it bashed the movement and made fun of it with the typical "hippie" "anarchist" "lazy" Fox News sound bites. While I know one topic does not represent a whole forum, it's really dishearting that while I respect these people as players, I loathe them as people.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:19:11 am by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #42823 on: February 02, 2012, 12:08:11 pm »

Dustforce makes me so fucking mad but I can't stop playing it.  It's like trying to roll a six sided die twenty times without rolling a 1.  You have to go the entire (Very long) level without making a single mistake and sometimes I think your guy fails just to fuck with you.  Sometimes instead of double jumping he just does a front flip without gaining any air..
Shoes...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42824 on: February 02, 2012, 06:32:54 pm »

All my friends are having romance issues. =/
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 2853 2854 [2855] 2856 2857 ... 8167