Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2753 2754 [2755] 2756 2757 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449441 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #41310 on: December 27, 2011, 08:55:47 pm »

So, when are you guys going to get around to buying Michigan? I'm sure you could get a good price these days.
Why would you think we want it?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41311 on: December 27, 2011, 08:58:31 pm »

Come to Canada, there are a lot of nice guys up here! :D

I've no idea about the whole... Lawyering stuff. But otherwise, it's good! :D

Plus, it's Canada. Bonus~
While the legal system of Canada and the US are similar in theory, in practice it is kind of different enough to force a retraining. We address judges differently, all of the legal codes are in different places, the names are different, and a lot of other things that would interfere greatly with muscle memory. Though we do have a more liberal attitude toward social services in most parts of the country.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41312 on: December 27, 2011, 09:02:01 pm »

So, when are you guys going to get around to buying Michigan? I'm sure you could get a good price these days.
Northern Michigan, or Mitten Michigan?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41313 on: December 27, 2011, 09:02:12 pm »

Not cut and dry, there is a risk and you need to know it, not argue with me about why you think you're right. Yes, it's a good argument, but it ain't water tight. You need to be fully aware of the risks. I'm not saying you're gonna screw up but it's possible and if you must falter, be wise.
Every lawyer's problem ever. Yes, I know you don't think it was murder.

Why would you think we want it?
Aren't you both frigid and full of nice people?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #41314 on: December 27, 2011, 09:17:06 pm »

:P

Meh, he should just call me. Hehe. I dunno. I think I'll just be happy with the very recent cuddling and TV watching. It was nice. I'm all for listening to a heartbeat for a few hours.
Welp, I'm gonna have to sue a freaking Sheriff to make him comply with a supreme court case on something. A la, writ of mandamus. He's gonna hate me more than usual for "tellin' him how to do his job!?" Yup, asshole.... The Supreme Court said it's one way. That doesn't mean you get to make your own way you elected sycophant. All I know is I'm not really getting paid for this, not nearly enough.

I do not want to do this. I don't want to do this at all. Those writs are a major pain in the ass. Additionally, just... meh.

Once again, Irony Owl nails it....
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 09:25:00 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41315 on: December 27, 2011, 09:24:23 pm »

Not cut and dry, there is a risk and you need to know it, not argue with me about why you think you're right. Yes, it's a good argument, but it ain't water tight. You need to be fully aware of the risks. I'm not saying you're gonna screw up but it's possible and if you must falter, be wise.
Every lawyer's problem ever. Yes, I know you don't think it was murder.
"Don't be silly, you didn't kill your wife, people are just saying you did! Now go burn those bloody clothes and throw that knife in a pool of lava, THEN we can try to find out who killed your wife."

Anyway, wrote my first SCP Foundation article, but it ended up being too boring cause I went too far into the technical side and not far enough into the creepy side :P
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41316 on: December 27, 2011, 09:25:30 pm »

Truean, as someone who is obviously in a position above the sheriff, couldn't you just smack him a few times with a platinum warhammer to solve the problem? :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #41317 on: December 27, 2011, 09:26:50 pm »

Truean, as someone who is obviously in a position above the sheriff, couldn't you just smack him a few times with a platinum warhammer to solve the problem? :P

Eh, he disagrees. Also na. :) :P

"I Know nothing! Nozing!" Sargent Schultz is my usual until the papers are served. There's less people looking at me  until I have the ducks in rows. We all know I'm not all openly confrontational in real life, until and unless I have a ton of recently legal read books behind me on topic and multiple possible motion copies.

Honestly though, stupid. I've got the Ohio Attorney General's office saying one thing on the phone and the Sheriff saying the exact opposite. Hopefully I won't even have to do that crap because he'll solve it for me
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 09:35:21 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41318 on: December 27, 2011, 09:49:36 pm »

“Writ of mandamus” sounds like a spell or magic artifact or something.

The Supreme Court cast WRIT OF MANDAMUS, but, the sheriff resists, so Truean needs to buff the Supreme Court with LAWSUIT.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #41319 on: December 27, 2011, 10:21:17 pm »

I think I've identified the biggest flaw with Assassin's Creed's multiplayer, and it's the exact same as every similar game out there.

The multiplayer is built on a distinct style of gameplay.  You're hunting someone, someone's hunting you, blend into the crowd, and strike silently for the highest score.  Like in most such games, people are too stupid to play it that way and you get a lot of degenerate tactics that drag the whole game down.  The two biggest ones are running and batman.  Some people run everywhere and just leap on their targets.  Not only does that give you the worst score and make you really conspicuous to your target and pursuers alike, it also really fucks up everyone else's playing too.  Getting assigned a runner as your target wastes your time because you have to chase them around the map, and lowers your score because you have to stoop to their level to beat them.  Luckily I'll have the hidden gun perk soon which lets you just shoot the fuckers.

Batman is the other bad one.  Stand on the roof all day and jump down on your guy when you see him.  It's impossible to sneak up on a batman, because you have to go up to the roof.  It's not quite as bad though, because they're also very conspicuous.

The runners are the real problem.  Until you get the hidden gun and can shoot them they're really fucking irritating.  Once I went from first to third place because it kept assigning me a guy who ran everywhere.
Shoes...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41320 on: December 27, 2011, 10:22:39 pm »

Could be worse. Imagine somebody who'd do nothing but running across the roofs.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #41321 on: December 27, 2011, 10:24:04 pm »

Those are around too.
Shoes...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41322 on: December 27, 2011, 11:26:59 pm »

Quote from: me chewing gum and then suddenly biting my tongue, not even on the squishy tip part but on like the inner part in the back
AUUUUGH GOD DAMMIT AWWRRRRGGHHHH AWWWW OWWWW
I really need to quit gum.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41323 on: December 27, 2011, 11:33:35 pm »

On the positive side, chewing gun helps to make your jaw muscles stronger.
On the negative side, all that jaw strenght will be going directly into your tongue when you mess up :P
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41324 on: December 27, 2011, 11:51:09 pm »

Speaking of tongues, my tongue's taste buds are kind of irritated, and it's annoying me to heck. What do?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 2753 2754 [2755] 2756 2757 ... 8167