Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2738 2739 [2740] 2741 2742 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451372 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #41085 on: December 21, 2011, 04:12:34 pm »

Having a hard time writing anything that isn't sad.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41086 on: December 21, 2011, 04:40:42 pm »

Parents are angry with me for not having a job and wasting a $5 train fare going somewhere when the place I was going to had finished for the year.

And I'm just confused at how I keep managing to fail.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #41087 on: December 21, 2011, 05:31:03 pm »

I realized far, far too late because of so much distractions today I completely forgot about something I wanted to talk to a friend about.

And now he's gone and Ill have to wait a whole day with this bouncing around in my head haunting me.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41088 on: December 21, 2011, 06:31:48 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:43:08 pm by Bronimin »

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #41089 on: December 21, 2011, 06:42:44 pm »

Hughes died D':    (FMA)

seriously, they built that character up so well then kill him off just like that. :'(

The only way his death could have been more expected is if he annouced he was going to retire the next day.

What do you think happens to non-main characters who mention their wife and small child is like, every story ever?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41090 on: December 21, 2011, 06:49:07 pm »

Holy shit man spoiler tags.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41091 on: December 21, 2011, 06:51:06 pm »

What do you think happens to non-main any characters who mention their wife and small child is like, every story ever?
FTFY, heh.

Seriously, though, that does occasionally get deconstructed. Sometimes nothing happens to the family. It almost always ends in fire, though, one way or another.

Shame Envy didn't assume Hughes' form for a while and really mindscrew with people. Lost potential, that. Oh wait spoiler kidding, kidding
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #41092 on: December 21, 2011, 07:33:07 pm »

Found out an initially seemingly nice guy was only interested in me because I'm a lawyer, who he thought was more "successful," than I am presently....

a.) Everyone seems to want the doctor lawyer, not the med law student,
b.) Haven't been a lawyer that long anyhow (not that my occupation should matter, at all),
c.) Really, so basically that's saying they only care about money, namely my having it or not? ???

Got no class but have cash? Really?

[head, repeatedly, hits, desk] That son of a bitch, really? Gee, I should work for a big firm so they can use that money, rather than railing against the injustices I see...? No thanks, I'm not looking for gay gold diggers. [sigh]. Why yes, I love being used, ever so much.

In other news, client got PISSED, that I asked to call him back in 15 minutes on a non emergency matter because I wanted to look it up in a book (hell I can't remember everything all the time). The guy you're evicting won't change the situation in the next 15 minutes..... Gah.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 07:38:07 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41093 on: December 21, 2011, 08:00:42 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 06:08:15 pm by MC Dirty »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41094 on: December 21, 2011, 08:04:24 pm »

My inability to make music has worsened, and I'm about to tear my hair apart because of that.

I'm blaming Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black and almost every pop artist in the past three years for killing my musical ability. D:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41095 on: December 21, 2011, 08:10:14 pm »

Easy solution: Don't listen to them :P

I actually haven't heard either of the two named sing. I am a fortunate soul.

Re: Patience: I've lost (several hours worth of) sleep, just so I didn't have to rush around. Felt better than when I slept to the last minute and had to rush. Patience and giving myself 'give time' in any sort of appointment has done more for my happiness than anything else. *sage nod*

S'also much safer on the road, yeesh. You'd think folks would be content going 2-3x what the (average) human body can sustain for any distance, but nooo. Have to go just a bit faster, drive just a bit more recklessly, just to get there <1 minute earlier. *muttergripe go-the-damn-speed-limit-you-bastids gripemutter*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41096 on: December 21, 2011, 08:30:12 pm »

Easy solution: Don't listen to them :P

I actually haven't heard either of the two named sing. I am a fortunate soul.

Ahh, if only it was so easy... Brother spams that cr*p daily, and because he's kind of stubborn, he actually plays those cacophonic-as-all-heck-to-listen-to music on the stereo, all volume knobs cranked up to eleven, and if I ask him to lower the volume, he makes it louder until I feel like screaming and writhing inside.

Of particular mention is that Kanye West version of Katy Perry's E.T song. Seriously, I'm sick of this s**t.

Lucky you, I guess, since you don't have to listen to it daily.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41097 on: December 21, 2011, 08:58:09 pm »

To be honest, listening to music you hate should only spurn you on to make your own music better. You should try to use a heightened emotional state to your advantage, and channel it into your art.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #41098 on: December 21, 2011, 09:31:47 pm »

Ugh, I know where you're coming from on that, I have a close friend who is a lawyer, with a horrible control freak wife.

I can't really go into details, but I think she only married him for 2 reasons: 1) He's a lawyer, so she can threaten people with the "My husbands a lawyer!" line, and 2) that his full name is one syllable different that her ex-husband who has a restraining order she violates regularly.

(This couples' relationship is so horrible, if I transcribed it into a screenplay, it would be rejected as 'too unbelievable', they are my personal soap opera)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #41099 on: December 22, 2011, 12:05:54 am »

I am going to lose terribly in court tomorrow, because there is simply no way to win this. I have spent 7 nights from 4:00 PM until 11PM in the law library looking for anything and everything I can throw at them. Nothing. I expect to be paid less than $500 for this criminal case, which given my 49 hours invested equates to about $10.20/hour BEFORE expenses. I won't even tell you what it is after expenses.

I happen to know the officer is lying, because he has repeatedly done so before and I have pointed out discrepancies making his stories impossible (being documented as being in two places at the same time). He is doing so now, again. There is no admissible evidence make this known. There is inadmissible evidence.... My only chance is that he says something that allows me to bring in impeachment evidence.

Exhausted.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:07:25 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 2738 2739 [2740] 2741 2742 ... 8167