Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2703 2704 [2705] 2706 2707 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440716 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40560 on: December 09, 2011, 01:05:09 am »

Hey, you're back!

Sucks to hear, Janet. My sister's going through a similar situation, I feel for you. Luckily it sounds like both of them are young, and cardiology is one of the best-developed fields of medicine.

:-\

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #40561 on: December 09, 2011, 01:09:37 am »

It's the most developed field, but Heart disease is still the leading cause of death as polled by many sources. So I'm afraid but for what I feel is the right reasons.

I'm still shaking honestly. I'm not crying my eyes out anymore but I'm still shaking. On top of all this I might need to cancel our vacation simply since she wont be able to get her medicine over there without checking up with another new doctor.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40562 on: December 09, 2011, 01:16:51 am »

By brother was born with a hole in his lungs. I was far too young to remember it, nor even understand, but my parents literally became sick. Not like the queasy and anxious kind, I mean they both went into fevers and were check on by doctors. They were so afraid of losing him that they did not attend to their own health properly. My brother is alive today (I wouldn't say well, since he threatened suicide two weeks ago), but he is still here.

What I'm saying is this event is very worrying, but don't let it cause you to become depressed to the point of melancholy.
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #40563 on: December 09, 2011, 01:19:09 am »

Well at the very least, I know she's going to be better off than I am. Two heart attacks down and my heart has a big chunk of scar tissue from a hole that closed when I was little. Hers is just weak like mine is. So I'm hoping for the best.

I need to talk with my sister and cousin about the vacation in the morning though. I don't know what we're going to do there yet.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40564 on: December 09, 2011, 01:22:18 am »

May I distribute internet hugs? They sound appropriate for the situation. Good luck to both you and your daughter.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40565 on: December 09, 2011, 01:29:22 am »

i am getting depressed. inch by inch. it's the writer's block. i really like to writhe, as it's a sort of a release valve for all the stress, emotion and angst that is happening in me. fuck it, i am only a teenager after all. not to mention that i have so many friends that i can count them all on the fingers of one hand. it also isn't helping that i have been mentally tortured for most of primary school (mostly because the only attempt of physically bullying me ended with a some bruises and beig stabbed it the hand with a ball-point pen. wasn't pretty.), so i am a very closed person. emotion? shove it back, into the darkest pit of my mind! i had to resort to listening crappy music, agreeing on really stupid things, and things i could spew about all day, just so theyd give me a little slack. it's nice here in high school, but it's going to take a while for me to adjust. and there's also my dog, who has cnacer-of-sorts. (lymphoma, checked google) so i am really getting desperate here. thanks for putting up with this outburst.

and to Janet: i symphatise with you. i'd give you a hug if i could, but you know, internet.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40566 on: December 09, 2011, 01:31:43 am »

I think I'm suffering from mild burnout. I can't seem to focus my mind towards doing anything.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40567 on: December 09, 2011, 01:48:46 am »

Well still suffering from my motorcycle dump on monday.

Kerlc, considering i got out of high school recently let me tell you something. It doesn't matter how many friends you make, if you got at least one person that can side with you you will be good. School taught me that there is a person for everybody. There was a group for everything i believe you will find someone soon that can help you. I left the school without any friends as they decided to burn me during senior year. As i continue meeting former classmates i notice that these people wouldn't know me at all except asking me a question in class or passing by. I was the least expected person for flowing around gossip as i never participated in school stuff or hang with a bunch of people but i melded in with the preps, nerds, asians, goths, band geeks and slackers. Lesson learn, you can be hanging in the shadows but you will be noticed.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40568 on: December 09, 2011, 09:09:23 am »

thanks.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40569 on: December 09, 2011, 11:35:28 am »

@Janet.

I can understand feeling guilty and responsible. I have a pretty strong history of mental illnesses, of which I seem to have inherited at least some of it.

When it comes to reproduction it feels like there should be someone looking at my genes and saying, "You, out of the pool."

But someone pointed out a while back that every genetic bloodline has problems, and if you adopted or some such, you'd just trade your issues for someone else's, and you'd probably not even know what issues you might run into on the horizon.

Whatever else, at least you know what this problem is, and knowing is half the battle *cheesy smile*:D.
And hey, you got this far in life and turned out great, right? And somehow whoever carried those genes down to you managed to survive. So the way I see it, the odds are in your favour.

I've got faith in you, maybe you should have faith in the weirdo that has faith in you...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40570 on: December 09, 2011, 11:48:10 am »

@Janet:

You and your child has heart disease? I... feel sorry and sad for both of you. I don't know what to type anymore, since I think my mind will just pop out generic words of encouragement. But you should be strong, for both you and your daughter. She dies, you'll probably feel more guilty and depressed (actually more than that, but words can't describe the magnitude), and if you die, your daughter might be traumatized for life.

Take care, and be safe.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:51:23 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #40571 on: December 09, 2011, 12:30:17 pm »

Just if anyone is still wondering. We're both still fine. And she's taking her medication now. Outside of some lightheadedness she's perfectly fine but I've asked her to take it easy for a while, so she's relaxing in my room just laying around and hanging out with me and some of the others around the house.

Thanks for all the support guys. I was seriously in quite a big hole emotionally when we got back but right now I'm feeling hopeful.

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40572 on: December 09, 2011, 01:09:16 pm »

Just grab some sausages and all will be better. (I'm assuming you like eating sausages by your sig, don't kill me if it's an innuendo)
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40573 on: December 09, 2011, 01:44:15 pm »

So I'm helping some poor newbie attorney get the whole criminal appointment thing going in multiple counties. I had forgotten (purposefully blocked out) all of that crap they make you do. Granted, I'm not yet a "Grisseled Vetern," (tm) running around giving paper cuts with my court papers but I do this crap all the time.

It's rather stupid, the hoops one must jump through. Then, of course, the state really does pay 6-8 weeks late and sometimes longer. She had a rough time believing that. She doesn't know anything about how this works. I don't blame her, because it's not her fault that no one ever did. The law school should have done that, but never has: fail on the part of the law school (translation: situation normal).

Edit: Ah, and it appears I've another appointed client calling the secretary and saying unprintable things. More normal situation, as expected. This does not help your case or my motivation to work my ass off for it. Also the court's administrative secretary won't answer her phone becauase "screw you" that's why. Actually the answer is silence but the meaning is the same.... :D yaaaay.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 01:50:01 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40574 on: December 09, 2011, 04:36:04 pm »

How do you restrain yourself from saying, "You know, [client], you're making it really hard for me to want to defend you. If your behavior continues, I may require additional vespene gas pylons compensation."? I mean, if I was treated like that on a job site, I'd happily pack my stuff and go, "Welp, looks like you want to fix your own computer. Have a nice life."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:37:51 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 2703 2704 [2705] 2706 2707 ... 8167