Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2457 2458 [2459] 2460 2461 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439240 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36870 on: September 14, 2011, 08:48:53 am »

I found out that one of my best friends is racist

*sigh* Why do I have so much in common with people who I usually hate?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36871 on: September 14, 2011, 09:06:53 am »

I'd like to know why probably >half of my friends offline are queer.  Of the "female" friends I've made, one ended up being agendered, and two were actually, you know... men.  And then most of these people are also fair game for pin the tail on the autism spectrum, or other mental illnesses/disabilities.  Probably >half people of color, too.

This is starting to get really awkward and strange.

I woke up at 2 and I've been doing math for 4 hours.  Why can't I have a normal life?  Why?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36872 on: September 14, 2011, 09:08:33 am »

Because you are THE CHOSEN ONE!!!!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36873 on: September 14, 2011, 09:11:17 am »

And then vector discovered the truth: the the minorities aren't really all that minor.

Or that white middle class hetero-normative neurotypical males are boring as all hell.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36874 on: September 14, 2011, 09:16:21 am »

Blarg. second 2 buses didn't turn up this morning, so we're not 2 weeks into the year and I've already missed a day >__________<
Bus schedules man. Freakin' bus schedules. Even for the usually dependable DC metro system it feels like too finicky of a system to rely on for such expensive classes.

Or that white middle class hetero-normative neurotypical males are boring as all hell.
Hey mean, woah, hey, woah. Watch yourself bro. You're cruising for a bruisin'.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:21:39 am by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36875 on: September 14, 2011, 09:20:11 am »

Well, I do live in Berkeley, so...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36876 on: September 14, 2011, 09:28:57 am »

Wait, yeah, there's that. That's where all the weird people in San Francisco really live. I should know, I used to live there myself.

Speaking of, just out of curiosity, do you often get bothered by guys in robes singing in the streets? (I know I sure used to, but that was more because of being forced to tag along by my foster parents when I'd rather be anywhere else)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36877 on: September 14, 2011, 09:30:45 am »

I haven't seen many Hari Krishnas around at all, really--not since my freshman year, when I did see one or two on campus.

Hmmm, are you adopted, Japa?  I didn't know.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36878 on: September 14, 2011, 09:32:24 am »

Hey mean, woah, hey, woah. Watch yourself bro. You're cruising for a bruisin'.
I was about to be offended too.  >:o

SAD RELATED:
I woke up twenty minutes early again to my parents doing a complete repeat of last morning.  I mean, word for word.  I should just stop setting my alarm all together.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36879 on: September 14, 2011, 09:33:42 am »

Apparently I made a friend uncomfortable and shared too much :/  I'm used to sharing everything, I'm utterly weirded out and devastated that some friends do not want to hear about certain subjects from other friends.  Or, I'm subconsciously aware of that fact but not consciously so.  I feel really, really stupid now.
Oooo, I've had that one happen before. Was it about the gay thing, the religious conservative thing or are my guesses offensive and why would I think that?
Kind of the gay thing, he didn't like that I mentioned
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

was involved in an experience I had a number of months ago.  The reason I mentioned it was because it was important to the context.  I didn't want to imply that I had
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which would have been, in my opinion, a "complete" experience.  Instead, it was one-sided and unfulfilling, my partner made no attempt to respond in kind.  But despite the bad experience, I still want to try again with someone else that I'm in an actual relationship with, and not a straight drunk friend (was drunk too).  My friend said it was "inappropriate" for either of us to discuss our sexual experiences in detail.  I really wish I could say something like "there's seriously a subject that two adults are NOT allowed to discuss in private?"

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36880 on: September 14, 2011, 09:36:21 am »

Hmmm, are you adopted, Japa?  I didn't know.

Well, when I was 7, my mom had a total of 7 kids and a divorce.

So I spent two years with a couple in Berkeley that were friends of my mom, then another year a bit later.

So not adopted, but I did live with foster parents while I was in Berkeley. A pair of puppeteers, actually. Learned a lot from them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36881 on: September 14, 2011, 09:38:17 am »

Ohh, hm.  That's neat!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36882 on: September 14, 2011, 09:40:04 am »

Wait, yeah, there's that. That's where all the weird people in San Francisco really live. I should know, I used to live there myself.

Wait, so the guys wandering around Union Square randomly yelling at people and talking to themselves were the normal ones?  :o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36883 on: September 14, 2011, 09:40:54 am »

WHYYYYY do I keep posting in the wrong threads.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36884 on: September 14, 2011, 10:19:15 am »

WHYYYYY do I keep posting in the wrong threads.

This belongs in the rage thread imho.
Pages: 1 ... 2457 2458 [2459] 2460 2461 ... 8167