Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2430 2431 [2432] 2433 2434 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9459239 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36465 on: September 06, 2011, 12:42:39 pm »

That's sad thread material?
It is sad.  Very sad.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36466 on: September 06, 2011, 01:47:56 pm »

That's sad thread material?
He juggles sadness and sorrow. He's done it so much that he's great at it.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36467 on: September 06, 2011, 03:09:18 pm »

Just came back from the movies.
Apparently I was the only one who went there alone.

Eh at least it was a comedy. So I'm not really that sad.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36468 on: September 06, 2011, 03:55:23 pm »

I've had blood in / mild bleeding of my right nostril for over a week now. No clue why.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #36469 on: September 06, 2011, 03:58:10 pm »

I go back to school tomorrow.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36470 on: September 06, 2011, 04:36:43 pm »

Calculus homework making me mad. Frickin' root functions and their stupid integrals.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36471 on: September 06, 2011, 05:56:36 pm »

no
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 05:48:01 am by Reudh »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36472 on: September 06, 2011, 06:16:56 pm »

I went to the doctor last week to get my ear checked for an ear infection. I had to go with doctor Li, a doctor that almost starved my nephew to death telling my oldest sister she was feeding him too much and almost got my other sister's leg amputated because she pushed Staff off as nothing. She also tagged a wasp sting/bite/whatever of mine as ringworm. She said it was an ear infection, unsurprisingly.

She gave me medicine, it isn't working. My ear is actually getting worse. It hurts a lot now, and my hearing is getting worse. I have to go back to her tomorrow because she is the only doctor there tomorrow.

I hate her so much.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #36473 on: September 06, 2011, 06:24:59 pm »

Blarg I hate studying economics.

I'm afraid I have little to offer you in this department. Um. Buy low, sell high?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36474 on: September 06, 2011, 06:27:17 pm »

Blarg I hate studying economics.

I'm afraid I have little to offer you in this department. Um. Buy low, sell high?

Economics is pseudo-science.  I say that as someone with an economics degree.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #36475 on: September 06, 2011, 06:36:41 pm »

I went to the doctor last week to get my ear checked for an ear infection. I had to go with doctor Li, a doctor that almost starved my nephew to death telling my oldest sister she was feeding him too much and almost got my other sister's leg amputated because she pushed Staff off as nothing. She also tagged a wasp sting/bite/whatever of mine as ringworm. She said it was an ear infection, unsurprisingly.

She gave me medicine, it isn't working. My ear is actually getting worse. It hurts a lot now, and my hearing is getting worse. I have to go back to her tomorrow because she is the only doctor there tomorrow.

I hate her so much.

If you have so much evidence of incorrect diagnosis (bordering on malpractice), why not report her to people who can do something about it?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36476 on: September 06, 2011, 06:39:49 pm »

I hate her so much.

Or at least stop taking her advice.

If you have so much evidence of incorrect diagnosis (bordering on malpractice), why not report her to people who can do something about it?

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36477 on: September 06, 2011, 06:50:17 pm »

Pssssst. Quote fail.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #36478 on: September 06, 2011, 06:51:35 pm »

Today I found out that Toady hasn't had time to work on his "end of the month project" for about a year :(

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36479 on: September 06, 2011, 07:28:52 pm »

Taken some pills to calm down my fever and this intense pain so I'll give you a more detailed story about my ear infection.

I've had an ear infection for about a week and a half now. Last week, I went to my doctor's office (where 3 doctors work) to get it checked out. Dr. Li, one of the doctors there, saw me.

Before I start bitching, let me tell you what happened with my ear infection. First, I woke up one morning with my left ear completely deaf. It got better as the day went on, but my mom knew it was an ear infection rather quickly. It went on like that for a few days then started hurting a bit. I went to the doctor to see Dr. Li.

Let me tell you why I hate dr. Li.

First, my sister Tiffany, she is 22 now but when she was 19 IIRC she went to her for some sort of issue which turned out to be Staff (which was in the leg). Dr. Li said it was nothing. Later (about a week) she went to another doctor and got it checked because it was getting worse. That doctor was absolutely flabbergasted that Dr. Li did nothing about it, and immediately admitted her to the largest hospital around (Childrens? Children's? Hell if I know...), which is pretty much the best hospital around and the largest in Saint Louis. She was held there for 4 days and almost had her leg amputated it was so bad.

Later, a much less dangerous incident, she mistook a wasp sting/bite/whatever I had as ringworm.

Rather recently (last year) my oldest sibling, my other sister Megan, gave birth to her third child, Talon. She is 27 now, almost 28. After a while, Dr. Li told her she was feeding him too much and advised cutting the amount in half which almost starved Talon to death.

Right, back to the infection. After I went there, she told me I had an ear infection unsurprisingly and prescribed me some kind of eardrops (which me and my mom are clashed about, she says it's a liquid antibiotic and a painkiller while I say it's a painkiller) and amoxicillin. I gotta tell you, I'm 6' 1-2" and overweight at 250 pounds, so I'm the size of a man and I got these 875 mg (!!!) horse pills. I started taking them, 1 at a time twice daily for 10 days. After that, my ear started hurting like hell and I started running a high fever and if that POS strip thermometer we have is right, I was running 102. The pain was so bad I kept waking up in the middle of the night taking pain medicine just so I could go back to sleep. For the past few days I've had a fever and been exhausted due to lack of sleep. Apparently these pills aren't working despite having taken over half the bottle already. I'm going back to her tomorrow for another goddamn incorrect diagnosis. We would go another time but she is the only doctor there tomorrow and my mom doesn't want to wait any longer for fear of this getting worse. This is getting stupid, I don't know why that bitch still has her job. I'm not really pissed about the ear infection, my will is pretty good so I can stand it, but just that she's almost killed my nephew and almost made my sister get her leg amputated.
Pages: 1 ... 2430 2431 [2432] 2433 2434 ... 8167