Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2283 2284 [2285] 2286 2287 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461110 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #34260 on: August 03, 2011, 09:24:59 pm »

Oh, sorry about that >_>

I got a bit confused, given that I used to be the living mechanism running the Mafia boards... and slightly offended that my arguments were only good half of the time, haha.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #34261 on: August 03, 2011, 10:48:36 pm »

I could be on the soon to be banned list, I've stopped holding back a lot recently.

On the other hand, I am pretty close to being out of deeply personal topics I can really get outraged about.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34262 on: August 03, 2011, 10:50:03 pm »

I am a deeply self-righteous person who openly states ones opposition to everything so I will definitely be banned.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #34263 on: August 03, 2011, 10:55:15 pm »

I am a deeply self-righteous person who openly states ones opposition to everything so I will definitely be banned.
You and me both buddy.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34264 on: August 03, 2011, 10:57:50 pm »

Yeah, but you don't look for trouble.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34265 on: August 03, 2011, 10:59:45 pm »

Clearly, I have to try harder. THIS IS NOW A CONTEST.

Also, my night was kinda bleh. On the plus side, bars are a lot nicer on weeknights than weekends, and I got to see a bunch of people I haven't in a while. On the negative side, I didn't really care about these things and spent the whole time feigning interest so as not to offend anyone.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34266 on: August 03, 2011, 11:05:44 pm »

FU-

I just realized I passed 3000 posts eight one posts ago and didn't even notice.

I was too busy posting.

After a certain point, I cease to care about post count because it really means nothing around here.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34267 on: August 03, 2011, 11:13:23 pm »

The only time I've cared about my post count was when it grew to OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #34268 on: August 03, 2011, 11:35:51 pm »

Bought a pack of Starbursts, my favorite candy. I leave the room and come back to find all of the Red and Pink ones are gone, god damn you other people in my house.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34269 on: August 03, 2011, 11:49:53 pm »

Bought a pack of Starbursts, my favorite candy. I leave the room and come back to find all of the Red and Pink ones are gone, god damn you other people in my house.
Those sons of bitches...
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34270 on: August 03, 2011, 11:54:03 pm »

Never, ever trust your friends and family not to eat your food. They are the greatest threat, as they usually think they can get away with it, unless your position in the family is "semi-scary uncle who's business you are never supposed to talk about". Bonus points if named Vinny.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #34271 on: August 03, 2011, 11:55:17 pm »

Never, ever trust your friends and family not to eat your food. They are the greatest threat, as they usually think they can get away with it, unless your position in the family is "semi-scary uncle who's business you are never supposed to talk about". Bonus points if named Vinny.
My best friend has an uncle that is exactly like that. His name is, like, Don or something though. Not Vinny.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34272 on: August 03, 2011, 11:55:22 pm »

Funny because I always hear these story's. But around here it never happens. People put their food away and others don't take a single bit without asking.

I guess manners elsewhere are dead. That kinda makes me sad.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34273 on: August 03, 2011, 11:56:11 pm »

The only time I've cared about my post count was when it grew to OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND.
*checks post count*
Mine has as well, apparently. 181 more and I'd have missed the NINETHOUSAAAAAAAAAANDSSSS completely.

I'll agree on the pointlessness of the post count here, too. You get 10 posts, become Bay Watcher. thats is it here, and its seems like a pretty good way, if a bit meh in the way of titles after awhile.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34274 on: August 04, 2011, 12:05:53 am »

My best friend has an uncle that is exactly like that. His name is, like, Don or something though. Not Vinny.
That name also works. Although, if you are related to someone in the Mafia, they probably aren't all that likely to hurt you. Familial devotion is sort of a big thing with the Mafia.

My uncles aren't like that though. They are indeed somewhat dangerous, but that has more to do with their constant performance of hazardous and pointless activities. At the moment, they are trying to build a motorcycle with the highest percentage of PVC pipe in its construction. I'm sure that will end well, but after everything they've survived so far I imagine it won't be too bad of an incident. Then again, they do have a tendency to successfully build things, so what do I know?

In sad news, my dumbass friend tried to cool ramen at my house today, but only put around three inches of water in the pot. While normally this would not be an issue, we forgot about it long enough that when we returned, the bottom half of the ramen had melted into this horrible black-brown substance that I have yet to successfully remove from said pot. My house still kind of smells like burnt ramen, several hours later.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 2283 2284 [2285] 2286 2287 ... 8167