Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2243 2244 [2245] 2246 2247 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438216 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33660 on: July 28, 2011, 10:33:03 pm »

Damn. Time to invest in toothpicks?
Definatly. If I keep on cutting my mouth like this, I could get an infection.

Speaking of infections, there's apparantly a botnet that cannot be removed from a computer once it is in. This makes me sad and slightly scared.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33661 on: July 28, 2011, 10:46:49 pm »

All malware can be removed from a computer, it just depends on how far you'll go to remove it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:50:25 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33662 on: July 28, 2011, 10:55:55 pm »

Format your hard drive, use Linux from a flash drive to run some program to wipe the free space, remove the flash drive and destroy it with a hammer to ensure you'll never use it again, replace the RAM, and then code your own OS from the kernel up.

EDIT: Actually, you don't even need to replace the RAM unless your foe is using dark magicks to allow it to retain data even after losing power. If this is the case, then you will need an old priest and a young priest, plus a number of candles.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:59:51 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33663 on: July 28, 2011, 10:58:44 pm »

As I understand it, this infamous botnet AoD speaks of actually is installed to the kernel, making it truly indestructible.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #33664 on: July 28, 2011, 11:01:24 pm »

Format your hard drive, use Linux from a flash drive to run some program to wipe the free space, remove the flash drive and destroy it with a hammer to ensure you'll never use it again, replace the RAM, and then code your own OS from the kernel up.
I'm of the opinion that "Kill it with fire!" does more poetic justice.

As I understand it, this infamous botnet AoD speaks of actually is installed to the kernel, making it truly indestructible.
You don't need a kernel to run a computer.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33665 on: July 28, 2011, 11:01:35 pm »

Nope, still can be defeated. Apply Hammer to Hard Drive, problem solved.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33666 on: July 28, 2011, 11:02:51 pm »

So it's merely indestructible without destroying your OS, you say. I REST AKLYON'S CASE. Although, perhaps I misunderstand, but if the modifications it makes to the kernel can be figured out, surely you could boot an alternate OS (one whose kernel is not supported by the botnet) and fuck with it from there?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33667 on: July 28, 2011, 11:22:06 pm »

I don't know. I'm only going with second hand knowledge here, and I was given the impression that you cannot do anything to a computer's kernel.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #33668 on: July 28, 2011, 11:27:44 pm »

The Kernel is basically just what your computer uses to go between hard logic circuits and software. It has been made. It can be unmade. It can be remade.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #33669 on: July 28, 2011, 11:46:39 pm »

The Kernel is basically just what your computer uses to go between hard logic circuits and software. It has been made. It can be unmade. It can be remade.
We have the technology...

:P

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #33670 on: July 29, 2011, 12:08:30 am »

I just noticed that sigchat broke. :C

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33671 on: July 29, 2011, 12:22:43 am »

More nausea and dizzyness. Being dizzy sucks.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33672 on: July 29, 2011, 12:42:40 am »

My 90 year old great grandfather keeps opening and closing the door, staring at me.  I'm scared.

Agh this is creepy, go to sleep dammit.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:45:06 am by ToonyMan »

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33673 on: July 29, 2011, 12:48:22 am »

My 90 year old great grandfather keeps opening and closing the door, staring at me.  I'm scared.

Agh this is creepy, go to sleep dammit.
I do that sometimes, but I always ruin by cackling like a mad man after they ask me to stop.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33674 on: July 29, 2011, 01:14:51 am »

My 3DS Max license from a college course I took expired.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 2243 2244 [2245] 2246 2247 ... 8167