Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2214 2215 [2216] 2217 2218 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455344 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33226 on: July 18, 2011, 10:24:36 pm »

Frankly, though, it is a hell of a lot better than Friday.

It's difficult to live up to how bad Friday was.

I wonder if she wrote this one. That might have had something to do with it, because I'm certain a 14 year old could write a better song off the cuff than 'Friday'. I can't imagine what sort of person the writer is.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33227 on: July 18, 2011, 10:25:32 pm »

. . . But she wrote Friday . . .

I suspect it is better simply because she didn't write it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33230 on: July 18, 2011, 10:27:38 pm »

... D&D has a god of specious music now?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33231 on: July 18, 2011, 10:30:43 pm »

I think Erythnul was totally an appropriate choice for this. Clearly, this is proof that there is a God, and He hates all that is good and/or harmonious. Perhaps I exaggerate slightly for comedic effect. But then, perhaps not.

EDIT: Hang on. I think I can get a conspiracy out of this. Erythnul wields a +5 Unholy Chaotic Frightful Morning Star. In the Friday song, I'm pretty sure Sunday is mentioned. Coincidence?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:39:16 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #33232 on: July 18, 2011, 10:51:45 pm »

Morning star is Venus not the sun
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33233 on: July 18, 2011, 10:53:45 pm »

. . . But she wrote Friday . . .

I suspect it is better simply because she didn't write it.

No no, it was written by a couple other people. She just bought the rights to sing it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33234 on: July 18, 2011, 11:11:09 pm »

Well, what do you know.

That's incredibly depressing.

EDIT: Thank you, Berkeley budget cuts.  It's now incredibly hard to find interesting courses in the arts.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:44:45 pm by Vector »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33235 on: July 19, 2011, 02:10:42 am »

Not fucking again.
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH! NOT AGAIN!

Is this one worse than Friday?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33236 on: July 19, 2011, 02:59:03 am »

The realisation that during my working days I can't keep up with this and the happy thread. Too many posts too little time. Edit: This also applies to a few other things including my MC texture pack. *sigh*.

Besides that I was stressed at work because there were both people on holiday and people off sick. I thought I was going too slowly and letting everyone down. I became paranoid that my boss* only seemed happy because he was secretly reviewing my performance and wants rid of me. Before I left I found out I was way ahead.

* I should mention that I've only ever seen him happy like he was last night when he thought he'd got enough dirt to fire one of my co-workers. He has a bad reputation for bad mouthing our department to other departments when he was training with them. I also know I've upset him a few times in the past.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:13:43 am by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #33237 on: July 19, 2011, 06:50:55 am »

My feet and legs really hurt after what can only be described as two weeks of abuse. Cycling trips, festivals and gigs have essentially turned my muscles into mud and hot wires, and my bones into a fine powder. and I've still got the rest of summer to go.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33238 on: July 19, 2011, 06:55:18 am »

Decided to watch a newer episode of American Dad. It would appear as if the creators of it are running out of ideas. And I think there was a rape joke thrown in somewhere. :(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33239 on: July 19, 2011, 06:59:18 am »

If at any time you have to differentiate between "newer" and "older" episodes of a show, then chances are they have long since leaped over the maritime carnivore.
Pages: 1 ... 2214 2215 [2216] 2217 2218 ... 8167