Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2202 2203 [2204] 2205 2206 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461739 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #33045 on: July 16, 2011, 09:23:45 pm »

Nightmares.. bleh, wish I could go curl up and die somewhere
I hope you don't.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33046 on: July 16, 2011, 09:27:56 pm »

For a while now I've been ruminating on a certain topic that I've wanted to discuss but now I'm worried that if I start it people will think it relates to a recent event. I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I didn't start it sooner because I can see it devolving into something ugly despite my best wishes. It's also a topic that often gets people thinking the worse of me as some of the arguments are those that awful people use to excuse poor behaviour :-\.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33047 on: July 16, 2011, 09:32:15 pm »

For a while now I've been ruminating on a certain topic that I've wanted to discuss but now I'm worried that if I start it people will think it relates to a recent event. I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I didn't start it sooner because I can see it devolving into something ugly despite my best wishes. It's also a topic that often gets people thinking the worse of me as some of the arguments are those that awful people use to excuse poor behaviour :-\.

Eh... go for it?

I am currently upset because there people singing loudly and out of tune in my house who do not belong here, and I am reminded that I will never, ever be a soprano.  Or attractive for reasons outside of "I crushed 'im with my brains and now 'e is delusional."  Before anyone says I'm beautiful, thank you, but I really do mean in the eye shadow, lipstick, and an alluring gaze sort of way.

Ha, ha, ha D:

Why am I so envious of "real women"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33048 on: July 16, 2011, 09:46:16 pm »

Vector, you know why they say, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,"? It's not just nonsense to make ugly people feel better. Everyone has different standards for beauty. The "Lipstick, eyeshadow and alluring gaze" look is nice sometimes, but it just doesn't work on everyone, nor for everyone. I personally despise lipstick (it tastes like candles and is mostly made of recycled oils and fats. Bleh.) Mainstream beautiful is not beautiful to everyone.
but what the hell could I possibly know about beauty?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33049 on: July 16, 2011, 09:49:21 pm »

I'm in the camp that finds mainstream beauty to be off-putting and unattainable, therefore unattractive.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33050 on: July 16, 2011, 09:50:50 pm »

Why am I so envious of "real women"

Society embedding shit in your subconscious.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33051 on: July 16, 2011, 10:05:36 pm »

I just... agh

There's something horrible about seeing pictures of people you know/used to know and wanting to simultaneously kiss them and be them.  Folks have tried to put makeup on me precisely once, when I was in 6th grade and ended up rebelling.  That's also the number of times I've allowed someone else to do my hair... and the number of times I've really, honestly tried to wear blue jeans (the other times I threw an insta-fit because I was still too sensitive to touch denim).

Hehe, I guess this is just one of those days when all the traditional trappings of femininity will seem alluring.  Pretty, slim women with white dresses and flowers in their hair, and nice hands with little bones in them >_<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33052 on: July 16, 2011, 10:06:29 pm »

I still have the trial of photoshop for class. Want me to gussy you up? :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33053 on: July 16, 2011, 10:07:53 pm »

I... I'd just look like Vector in makeup =/

Nah.  If I need to feel beautiful, I can do a bunch of schoolwork.  That seems to be the most sure-fire thing.

EDIT: By which I mean, I'm scared I wouldn't be pretty even then.  Is it the clothing, the beauty products, all of those things, or is it the person underneath?  I don't really know, and I'm worried I don't want to know the answer.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33054 on: July 16, 2011, 10:12:25 pm »

I... I'd just look like Vector in makeup =/

Nah.  If I need to feel beautiful, I can do a bunch of schoolwork.  That seems to be the most sure-fire thing.

EDIT: By which I mean, I'm scared I wouldn't be pretty even then.  Is it the clothing, the beauty products, all of those things, or is it the person underneath?  I don't really know, and I'm worried I don't want to know the answer.

...come on, now. I expect to be made an ass of when I leave a door that wide open.

Furthermore, it seems that you've missed my point. You don't need makeup and clothes with a gaudy designer label to be beautiful. You don't need that layer of fake to cover up the beautiful that's already there. You just have to express it in a way that lets that beauty shine, in a way that you find beautiful. After all, what is beauty if it's not beautiful to you?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33055 on: July 16, 2011, 10:15:11 pm »

Just be yourself. I personally find stitches, pericings, tatoos, bare feet, gas masks, hoodies and military uniforms the utter height of beauty. And I make sure I got plenty of them at all times. I'm pretty sure most people don't agree with me.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33056 on: July 16, 2011, 10:19:48 pm »

The other items don't really appeal to me, but there are people who don't like bare feet and hoodies?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33057 on: July 16, 2011, 10:30:26 pm »

Feet are Feet, I'm not particularly wild about them. Hoodies are fairly cool, however, as is a good military uniform.

I have one hoodie and 2 feet, however. My feet outnumber my hoodies despite my ambivalence towards thm!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33058 on: July 16, 2011, 10:33:59 pm »

The most beautiful thing in the world is the deft serenity of a great thinker.

That's the way I feel, anyway.  I do try for that, mostly, but sometimes I get distracted by teh beautiful wimmenz and their hair that doesn't stick up everywhere >_<  Or, you know, other things.  Other beautiful things.

Just be yourself. I personally find stitches, pericings, tatoos, bare feet, gas masks, hoodies and military uniforms the utter height of beauty. And I make sure I got plenty of them at all times. I'm pretty sure most people don't agree with me.

Okay.  I'll try to find out what that means, for me.  It will be a long time going, but I'll do what I can.

Also, I'll add that I find bare feet pretty boring.  When I'm in my hometown I pretty much don't wear shoes, and my own bare feet have desensitized me to just about everyone else's.

Military uniforms, though... er...  :-[  I also like gloves.  A lot.  And, unsurprisingly, frumpy sweaters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33059 on: July 16, 2011, 11:34:25 pm »

I'd say the most beautiful thing in the world is the great serenity of a daft thinker.
Pages: 1 ... 2202 2203 [2204] 2205 2206 ... 8167