Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2166 2167 [2168] 2169 2170 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448840 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32505 on: July 07, 2011, 01:03:09 pm »

If you break it off, she will most likely find another person to use and the next guy/girl will be the one who is the only one who ever understood her.

I agreed with you up until this point.

I was that girl, and after one bad relationship I'm most decidedly not.  Doesn't mean he shouldn't try to break it off with her; it just means that I think your assumptions about "crazy people" involve a level of manipulation not inherent.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #32506 on: July 07, 2011, 01:27:09 pm »

If you break it off, she will most likely find another person to use and the next guy/girl will be the one who is the only one who ever understood her.

I agreed with you up until this point.

I was that girl, and after one bad relationship I'm most decidedly not.  Doesn't mean he shouldn't try to break it off with her; it just means that I think your assumptions about "crazy people" involve a level of manipulation not inherent.

quite possibly, and that is one of the big reasons I added the bit about taking it with a grain of salt because I don't have enough information.
I also didn't really intent to imply complete manipulation either.
It can be easy for some people to fall into a pattern where your new person is "the only one I ever really loved"|"the only one who ever really understands me" and when that
doesn't work, going back to the previous only one and for that person to believe it in both cases.
I also don't mean to imply that manipulation and dissonant repetition are the only options.

I do have this problem with (rarely|never?) fully explaining myself and just expecting people to read (my thoughts) in between the lines...
even when I sometimes don't include a second line to read between. :/
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32507 on: July 07, 2011, 02:16:16 pm »

Had a headache so i went to sleep a bit, slept for an hour or so, now i feel worse, the headache is still there but now there is that god awful taste and numbness in my mouth X(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #32508 on: July 07, 2011, 02:41:04 pm »

http://thedailywh.at/2011/07/07/heartbreaking-tearjerker-of-the-day-4/
D:
In summary, a 12 year old from India killed herself so her eyes could be given to her father to restore his vision and her kidneys could save her dieing brother. She was cremated before the note explaining this was found.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32509 on: July 07, 2011, 02:43:37 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32510 on: July 07, 2011, 02:52:09 pm »

I'm shocked that they didn't think to transfer her kidneys to her brother anyway.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32511 on: July 07, 2011, 02:55:34 pm »

I think you have to legally consent before your organs can be donated, though.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32512 on: July 07, 2011, 02:56:20 pm »

If you've died, I would think that your family would be able to consent in your place. Especially if you died as a minor.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32513 on: July 07, 2011, 03:36:02 pm »

The American Scholl System: Teaching kids not to fight back against bullies and also when you do don't try to help them get up because then you will get into trouble.
Same with the Australian one. :(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32514 on: July 07, 2011, 03:44:07 pm »

The American Scholl System: Teaching kids not to fight back against bullies and also when you do don't try to help them get up because then you will get into trouble.
Same with the Australian one. :(
In my experience the best results are when you can verbally beat a bully, second best are when psychical force is used, and the worst possible thing you can do is tell them meekly to stop or get a teacher, because even if the teacher knows full well this kid needs serious punishment it's illegal for them to do anything more than call the parents that obviously allow this sort of behavior anyways. It's less a problem with individual schools than the guys up top who don't quite understand the bully psyche.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Dimitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32515 on: July 07, 2011, 03:59:24 pm »

Soneheri: I appreciate the thought. I've known it was coming for a while now, so at least it's not a sudden shock.

On bullying in school systems.. it's a sad inevitability, but the thing that pisses me off? You're always told to go to a teacher, and in -no- circumstance fight back.
Because we all know: You can walk perfectly fine and converse with a teacher easily whilst being kicked in the ribs by multiple people.

I regret none of the punishment I received for fighting. -None- of it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32516 on: July 07, 2011, 04:01:44 pm »

I think bullying can be stopped without attacking the opposing party but that's just me.

Dimitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32517 on: July 07, 2011, 04:03:37 pm »

My experiences have shown otherwise, but then again, those are just -my- experiences.

It's quite possible to talk some people down, but others.. It always came to blows for me.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32518 on: July 07, 2011, 04:14:58 pm »

Word of advice from personal experience... Crazy people are crazy. Loving one can be a hell of a ride, but in the end it will break you.
I am sane enough to know that I am crazy :V Everyone is to various degrees. The secret is just finding crazy that you can live happily with, and not telling people that they are crazy. That generally isn't a compliment... except around my good friends. :P

A big portion of it is honestly my fault. I am almost entirely forgiving of her brand of crazy, those loose cannon moments where she forgets that I am a human being with feelings as well. Part of the expectation is that part of my own ego - I want to help her and give her the man she deserves - to be mature and teach her patience and love, but rather she needs to be able to fix her own issues and I should be single at this moment or in a healthier relationship. And on emotional and romantic attachment, I am also a sucker for the way that she, whether subconsciously or not, comes back onto me after she loses it.

This isn't saying that I'm falling into the altruistic "nice guy that deserves better" trap, because I'm definitely an ass with an ego larger than the visible spread of the universe - mostly joking - but hey, I fully admit to my own failures and try to do things about it.

@Vattic & others on the Killing Fields: I am about as free information, anti-censorship hippie as you could be, but while I haven't banned anyone from my channel I've deleted the most weapons-grade stupid comments - like how the Cambodians deserved it because they let their government become communist, and objectivist dogmatism from left and the right, religious and atheist.

Funny how the lesson in there is one of... I don't know... not killing each other and peace if only we could learn to love and treat our fellow man like human beings as we are.

What a terrible concept.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #32519 on: July 07, 2011, 04:54:45 pm »

Today's just not been my day. First off, I found out at my  internship that the past few days of work I put in was entirely pointless, and could have been cut out. Then I go to my sister's house, where her internet is bad enough that I cannot even hold a conversation through steam without disconnecting every other message. That might just mean that the GURPS session is going to be cancelled for this weekend if this keeps up. That was the one thing I was looking to do this weekend and I might not get to do it.

Follow that up by being alone in my home without any social contact for the past week. I'm just tired.
Pages: 1 ... 2166 2167 [2168] 2169 2170 ... 8167