Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2147 2148 [2149] 2150 2151 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435223 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32220 on: June 30, 2011, 11:18:19 pm »

I think I'm getting poison ivy in places where poison ivy should never go...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32221 on: July 01, 2011, 12:41:29 am »

a. I ate WAY too much.

b. I never want to hear my roommate getting his girlfriend all breathy again.  Ever.  Unfortunately, I'll be subjected to it next Thursday, as well.

c. I want some good curry

d. I know I could probably have my ex back if I wanted him, and I'm feeling kind of lonely

e. I thought part d.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32222 on: July 01, 2011, 12:43:37 am »

a. I ate WAY too much.

This happens too much times to me.

I AM A GLUTTON.

this makes me a sad, sad little biggish boy.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32223 on: July 01, 2011, 12:44:26 am »

MSPA: It is rather heartbreaking to think about everything the trolls have been through :c I should quit listening to Little Lion Man before I start bawling.

Addendum: I guess what makes me ambivalent about Homestuck right now is that I'm not really invested in the current situation. So what is Doc Scratch is fucking around with his stupid photos? I want to see the humans, or the trolls, or the exiles, or something, bluh. Also why did Eridan have to do before I started to like him :I
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:47:39 am by Vertigon »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32224 on: July 01, 2011, 12:46:08 am »

I purposely woke myself early today so I only had 5 hours of sleep.  That way I could go to sleep when it's around 10 or 11pm at latest.

It's almost 2am
and I'm listening to this what am I doing.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32225 on: July 01, 2011, 03:34:13 am »

My Full Body Blue Suit thing was Shipped exactly one month ago, and I still don't have it :(

It's either the now ended Postal Strike, or evil peoples on Ebay.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #32226 on: July 01, 2011, 09:29:45 am »

Got a rare banned-in-1890 Tolstoy first (English) edition from work, and I found out that some asshole wrote on one of the pages. That's going to hurt the sale value.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32227 on: July 01, 2011, 09:42:42 am »

Today might be the day that I bid farewell to my awesome mane of hair.  It's certainly the day that I'm planning to do so, and I don't know how it's going to turn out.  At least I know it'd only take a year or so to grow it back with the way my hair works.

Oh, and there goes that sense of fatalism again, remembering that it's been a solid year since my last haircut.

Whatever, I've got more important things to worry about.  Like how my hair only looks good long because it kinda straightens out the wavy-curliness, and that my planned Denis Leary will probably end up more like David Hasselhoff, and there won't be a damn thing I can do about it.  Except cut it even shorter, and then it'll expose just how misshapen my skull is.  And goddammit, why can't I just have long hair?  Why does that have to be a Thing, instead of Not Really A Thing?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32228 on: July 01, 2011, 10:35:26 am »

I agree, and I think it's a bigger thing still for you American folks than it is here. Still, yet another reason to bring about the post-apocalypse.

As if punked-out leather clothing wasn't enough.
Love, scriver~

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32229 on: July 01, 2011, 10:44:38 am »

Humming a beautiful musical melody = easy. Taking notes on said melody and playing it with an instrument = hard.

I tend to get lost in trying to make a melody to the point of actually forgetting said beautiful melody, therefore making everything feel and sound robotic. It sucks so much. D=
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32230 on: July 01, 2011, 10:54:40 am »

As if punked-out leather clothing wasn't enough.

I swear, the world can't end fast enough.  Well actually, it should hold off on the ending for a little while, my hair will need time to grow back.  That'd be just my luck, the world ends, and I'm just another square with a business haircut.  I'll be run down by bikers in no time.  My last thought before the roar of the engine will be, "If only I hadn't hacked my mane, I'd be the one riding down squares".
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32231 on: July 01, 2011, 12:11:08 pm »

I have to listen to my anti gay relatives talk about how they love wrestling....

My incredibly beyond belief anti gay relatives love professional wrestling. They specifically make a note of liking it "back when it was better." Apparently this means the early 90s. They have lots of this stuff on video. THEY ALSO MAKE A NOTE OF HOW THEY LIKE THE COSTUMES.... ???

The irony overloads into compete bullshit when they watch guys dressed like this:
http://www.tigerdistribution.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Macho-Man-Randy-Savage-1992-WWF-Promo-WWF-Champion.jpg

and this
http://zackmorriscellphone.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/slimjim1.jpg

and this:
http://wrestlepedia.wikispaces.com/Tim+Horner

and holy shit this:
http://blog.koldcast.tv/media/wwf/pic6.jpg

And let's not forget this:
http://nemanja6807.blog.rs/gallery/4653/previews-med/hulk_hogan.jpg

Rather, how can people who like these costumes be anti gay? ??? I mean FEATHER BOAS! How the hell is that not gay? None of them would look out of place at a pride parade.... Feather... boas.... Son of a ... Feather boas.... The absolute least necessary thing in wrestling would be a feather boa! *twitch... twitch, twitch, twitch*

And it's not impossible to have that kind of wrestling thing without looking gay: Exhibit A, just about anything by Stone Cold Steve Austin.... Well some of this stuff could make him look somewhat like a "leather daddy" but even that's not a freaking feather boa....

They like this wrestling but they are anti gay.... God damn it....
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:22:13 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32232 on: July 01, 2011, 12:12:42 pm »

Today might be the day that I bid farewell to my awesome mane of hair.  It's certainly the day that I'm planning to do so, and I don't know how it's going to turn out.  At least I know it'd only take a year or so to grow it back with the way my hair works.

Oh, and there goes that sense of fatalism again, remembering that it's been a solid year since my last haircut.

Whatever, I've got more important things to worry about.  Like how my hair only looks good long because it kinda straightens out the wavy-curliness, and that my planned Denis Leary will probably end up more like David Hasselhoff, and there won't be a damn thing I can do about it.  Except cut it even shorter, and then it'll expose just how misshapen my skull is.  And goddammit, why can't I just have long hair?  Why does that have to be a Thing, instead of Not Really A Thing?

I had cute shoulder length blond/ dirty blonde hair (for entirely different reasons. Had to cut it for work and client expectations *sigh* I can relate to how having it longer straightens it out, at least mostly. The ends were still a little curly because they didn't have anything pulling them down, but it was cute and I liked it. Wearing wigs sucks.... I freaking cried and had a friend do it.

Again, entirely different reasons but I know exactly how that feels....
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:15:46 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32233 on: July 01, 2011, 12:27:45 pm »

Seriously Truean what's with American Wrestler costumes? Especially that pink nightie/dressing gown thing?

I had a big argument with my flatmate over the WWE wrestlers a few weeks ago. I said the matches are pre-scripted, they're performers/actors and he's like "no they're completely real matches, they're sportsmen" and i'm "WTF? you can't be serious?". Apparently he was, and got very defensive about it. He has some weird views on a bunch of things. Personally I cannot stand those shows. My ex g/f used to want to watch them.

Yeah, and I once had long hair like u guys, but had to cut it :( about a year ago
One thing, Aqizzar, is I think girls general prefer it short on a guy. Not all girls, but generally.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:35:06 pm by Reelyanoob »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32234 on: July 01, 2011, 01:46:00 pm »

No idea Reelyanoob. No... idea.

The "is it fake or not" conversation used to come up and I imagine still does, all the time here. 'Tis fake, plain and simple. Otherwise the insurance alone would eat them alive. If the costumes confuse you, then I have made my point.... I say again, feather ... boas....

As for the long hair, it depends on the girl but they almost always prefer it to be well kept and straight on a guy. Anything curly and long risks you being slunked into the "mullet" category of no return. While I'm not trying to attract a girl, I talk to a lot of them and know a thing or three, perhaps four.... Also, I had my hair long to look pretty and good in a dress. *shrugs* I think I managed this pretty well actually and was just going for blending in.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 2147 2148 [2149] 2150 2151 ... 8167