Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2148 2149 [2150] 2151 2152 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435370 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #32235 on: July 01, 2011, 01:50:00 pm »

Kayfabe ended fifteen, maybe twenty years ago. Anyone who doesn't realize it's a stage show is an idiot. (I avoid the term "fake" because the level of skill need for those kind of performances is enormous.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32236 on: July 01, 2011, 01:52:06 pm »

One thing, Aqizzar, is I think girls general prefer it short on a guy. Not all girls, but generally.

Well, it better start paying off quick, because I look like Ashton Kutcher with a cowlick.  I can honestly say I'm not pleased with this, but maybe it'll just take time and styling gel to sink in for me.

As for the long hair, it depends on the girl but they almost always prefer it to be well kept and straight on a guy. Anything curly and long risks you being slunked into the "mullet" category of no return.

This is probably true, I just always held out more hope.  People would always ask if I was in a band, so it might have worked better for me if I could play an instrument.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32237 on: July 01, 2011, 01:59:39 pm »

One thing, Aqizzar, is I think girls general prefer it short on a guy. Not all girls, but generally.

Well, it better start paying off quick, because I look like Ashton Kutcher with a cowlick.  I can honestly say I'm not pleased with this, but maybe it'll just take time and styling gel to sink in for me.

As for the long hair, it depends on the girl but they almost always prefer it to be well kept and straight on a guy. Anything curly and long risks you being slunked into the "mullet" category of no return.

This is probably true, I just always held out more hope.  People would always ask if I was in a band, so it might have worked better for me if I could play an instrument.

Aww, true to both. I always give the advice that you should just get a group of girls to be friends with. It's just a no loose situation for you straight guys out there.

a.) One of the girls in the group could fall for you.
b.) They could introduce you to their friends, who could fall for you.
c.) You establish a reputation as "not a total jackass," which is good. You don't want to be a "pushover" but girls have good reason for thinking that "all men only want one thing." Simply, they overwhelmingly do.... The secret is that its not like girls don't want it too, just with a little more investment of time and some companionship.
d.) The jealously factor. Girl A has a choice. She can hang out with guy B who has no friends who are women or guy A who has tons of friends who are girls. Guy A must at the very least be doing something to avoid driving all those girls off. What do they know that she doesn't....
e.) You have more friends this way....

Sadly, guys do not listen to this.... "Too much work," see above, "all men only want one thing...." :(
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32238 on: July 01, 2011, 02:17:06 pm »

I have earwax in my ear yet again.  Being pretty much deaf in one ear is a very odd experience and makes me want to fall over.  Need to get that earwax dissolver again.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32239 on: July 01, 2011, 02:27:39 pm »

I've been having reoccurring dreams where I'm furious at my brother for something. Like, fulling of spitting hatred furious. It never escalates to violence in my dreams, but stays as gnawing irreconcilable anger.  And I wake up feeling ugly, like I've wronged him without doing anything to him. I love my brother, even if he does know how to get under my skin easily, but I don't understand the source of why I'm so angry with him in particular. We've got separate lives, we're doing our own things and we really have no impact on each other's day-to-day. We were friends as kids and we're even better friends now as adults.

It sucks because I have no control over what I dream about, and if I had my druthers I'd rather dream about staring at drywall instead of this.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 02:30:55 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32240 on: July 01, 2011, 02:38:44 pm »

My state has now shut down.

How childish.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32241 on: July 01, 2011, 02:39:46 pm »

I have earwax in my ear yet again.  Being pretty much deaf in one ear is a very odd experience and makes me want to fall over.  Need to get that earwax dissolver again.
Good thing I'm paranoid about that thing.
Clean my ears at least once a day.

However I get pretty irritable when we run out of cotton swabs.
Makes it hard to concentrate.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #32242 on: July 01, 2011, 02:56:07 pm »

It's not a good idea to do that. Might in fact make it more likely for bad events to take place at your ear canal. Including earwax getting impacted.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32243 on: July 01, 2011, 02:59:47 pm »

My family doctor has always recommended getting your ear flushed with hot water. Doing that yourself can be kind of tricky, but a length of rubber tube attached to your faucet and a chair might suffice.

I don't take the threat of rupturing my own ear drum or something very seriously, but I do take the impacted wax as a concern.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #32244 on: July 01, 2011, 03:11:03 pm »

The problem with water on that respect is more on the lines of risking infection/damage to the inner ear if the eardrum is already pierced than of the water piercing it directly. That's why we were advised to exercise caution in that regard.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32245 on: July 01, 2011, 03:14:48 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

R.I.P CleverMegle. You were too trolltiful for this world  :'(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32246 on: July 01, 2011, 03:29:40 pm »

When I had a blocked ear my GP told me to put oil in it once a day for a couple of weeks (to soften it up) before she blasted it out.  Seemed to work quite nicely, although having an oily ear feels pretty weird.

The "is it fake or not" conversation used to come up and I imagine still does, all the time here. 'Tis fake, plain and simple. Otherwise the insurance alone would eat them alive. If the costumes confuse you, then I have made my point.... I say again, feather ... boas....
You're just being ridiculous.  If two sweaty men in their underwear grappling with each other isn't the epitome of heterosexuality I don't know what is.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32247 on: July 01, 2011, 03:38:48 pm »

It's not a good idea to do that. Might in fact make it more likely for bad events to take place at your ear canal. Including earwax getting impacted.

Well my doctor said, that I have the clearest ear canals he has ever seen.
I usally use them after showering, so you can get all of it out.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #32248 on: July 01, 2011, 03:53:30 pm »

There is a girl I am chatting with over the internet for just about the first time since I broke up with my ex last year.

She is cute and seems to be flirting with me an quite a lot.

I know this girl from a few years back as a friendly acquaintance.

This is normally something for the happy thread... BUT!

She is dating another guy, who is a jerk.

So I feel conflicted.

I don't want to be the jerk who takes a few harmless compliments and innuendos and reads them to mean something more.

I don't want to be the jerk who steps into the middle of somebodies relationship.

The way she talks about her relationship makes it sound very unhealthy, like she wants a way out.

I don't want to stay alone.

I am attracted to her, but I don't know if there is long term compatibility there.

If I encourage her to get out of her bad relationship, am I doing it for the right reasons?

I feel like I am stuck in a situation where no matter what I do, it is the wrong decision.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32249 on: July 01, 2011, 04:06:59 pm »

You could also be kept on the hook, as a "spare boyfriend", in case the relationship fails.
Just try to be a good friend and don't pin all your hopes on a single person.

Trust me, I've been there twice.
I know your pain.
Pages: 1 ... 2148 2149 [2150] 2151 2152 ... 8167