Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1921 1922 [1923] 1924 1925 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441800 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #28830 on: April 25, 2011, 11:11:54 pm »

I feel like I've been chewing broken glass because of the vast amount of ulcers in my mouth.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28831 on: April 25, 2011, 11:13:27 pm »

I am glad that my "religion" is not just a philosophy for speculation, but a practice, a means of living to reduce my and other people's suffering in the world.
Hmph, you're a much better person than I. I can't bring myself to care about random shlubs I'll never meet.

Another point against myself. :<
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28832 on: April 25, 2011, 11:14:18 pm »

Honestly, I'm so fucking jealous of all those religious guys, the kind who are kind and understanding and have unwavering faith. Mine's shoddy as fuck, so you could probably classify me as one of those chaps who run around like a headless chicken questioning everything because he's scared of oblivion but isn't sure if God/s exist. When it comes to religion, anyways.
Obligatory Bible verse on faith :3

What made me sad today: family relations with my younger bro are breaking down... and he's the only sane brother I have :/  His fiancee has him wrapped around her little finger, spending cash left and right for her.  It seems like he's even going to abandon college and his one shot at becoming a full-fledged pilot for some floozy  :'(

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28833 on: April 25, 2011, 11:15:20 pm »

I feel like I've been chewing broken glass because of the vast amount of ulcers in my mouth.

Been eating too many snakes, eh?

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28834 on: April 25, 2011, 11:15:42 pm »

Hmph, you're a much better person than I. I can't bring myself to care about random shlubs I'll never meet.

Another point against myself. :<
You have to truly love yourself before you can love anyone else. Start with what you know, and who you know.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28835 on: April 25, 2011, 11:32:02 pm »

A friend of mine learned an interesting trick for learning to love people she didn't particularly like: she prayed for them.  Seems praying for someone puts their needs into perspective and also humbles the person praying.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28836 on: April 25, 2011, 11:36:18 pm »

Honestly, I'm so fucking jealous of all those religious guys, the kind who are kind and understanding and have unwavering faith. Mine's shoddy as fuck, so you could probably classify me as one of those chaps who run around like a headless chicken questioning everything because he's scared of oblivion but isn't sure if God/s exist. When it comes to religion, anyways.
Had that problem once, solved it years ago. It's called Omnism: The belief in the potentiality of all religious beliefs. "To me, all of you are correct" is the literal translation of this. My own personal extrapolation is "Each and every one of you are potentially correct, and we will never know which system of belief is correct until we are proven wrong."

Hope that helped.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28837 on: April 25, 2011, 11:36:58 pm »

School starts in an hour :/

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #28838 on: April 25, 2011, 11:40:25 pm »

Am I the only self-styled (albeit retired) manwhore in these forums?
You have seen the people who frequent this place, right?  To a man, not a chance in Hell.
I dunno, bro, Barbar has his babyface. With that innocent boyish look, he could be a real ladykiller. I would also mention Pandar, Kael (although he's not a likely candiate. Har har,) and Lord Dullard.
You have no idea how strange that statement is to me. I've never thought of myself as anything resembling a ladykiller. The one time I've ever had a crush on someone (right now), I've made a horrific mess of things. (It'll work out eventually.) I've never once been called attractive, discounting various family members calling me handsome and the like. Straaaaange. Thanks, I suppose.

Oh hey, I'm doing that 'not accepting compliments properly' thing again. I've a feeling I would fit in wonderfully in Japan. I should stop being the most modest person in the world. Ha, I made a funny. Ramblerambleramble

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28839 on: April 26, 2011, 04:52:38 am »

Deeeerp. I have math olympics finals in Namur tomorrow and have no idea how when where, who, why, and what to get there.

Mostly the how.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28840 on: April 26, 2011, 04:54:01 am »

It's three AM and I've been writing about autism for about 5 hours now.

I'm going to have to go to bed in about half an hour, sleep for three hours, and get to printing this stuff.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28841 on: April 26, 2011, 05:06:27 am »

I'm going to have to go to bed in about half an hour, sleep for three hours, and get to printing this stuff.

Isn't college just wonderful?

I just realized that I've been in a good mood all night, because of an idle daydream I had at work, thinking about a job I applied for.  That should be depressing.  It's not, and I'm still in a good mood, but I know it should be.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28842 on: April 26, 2011, 05:09:01 am »

Oh, yeah =/  Especially the part where before this, I was writing up a long explanation of American genocide against the "feeble-minded."  If that point flies over anyone's head as I give this presentation, I will be AMAZED.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #28843 on: April 26, 2011, 08:20:39 am »

1 and 2 all the way! *snore*

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #28844 on: April 26, 2011, 08:35:51 am »

I attempted to resize my avatar for a different forum, using Photobucket's editor out of laziness
This is how it turned out.

What?
EDIT: It's editor craps out whenever I try to make it smaller than 170x170. The image up there was an attempt to make it 150x150.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:42:20 am by Jack_Bread »
Pages: 1 ... 1921 1922 [1923] 1924 1925 ... 8167