Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1923 1924 [1925] 1926 1927 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438237 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #28860 on: April 26, 2011, 07:13:27 pm »

Breaking Bad has me hooked now, it's 2 in the morning, i'm starting another episode and i have to go to a doctor in the morning, oh well, i've slept less :/
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #28861 on: April 26, 2011, 07:28:45 pm »

My computer (1,5 dual core) is a tad too slow for Europa Universalis: Rome. It does run, and if I deactivate stupid tree eyecandy it's playable, if a tad sluggish. Still, meh.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #28862 on: April 26, 2011, 08:38:44 pm »

It seems I have missed some other social cue or lack understanding of sarcasm, and accidentally insulted someone. Again.
It
Keeps
Happening...
*Headdesk*

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #28863 on: April 26, 2011, 09:09:46 pm »

Breaking Bad has me hooked now, it's 2 in the morning, i'm starting another episode and i have to go to a doctor in the morning, oh well, i've slept less :/
after watching breaking bad, you should know there is a cure for that...

But yes, it is a great show. It just has a certain psychlogical horror to it.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28864 on: April 26, 2011, 09:10:59 pm »

My computer (1,5 dual core) is a tad too slow for Europa Universalis: Rome. It does run, and if I deactivate stupid tree eyecandy it's playable, if a tad sluggish. Still, meh.
Oh god EUR.
Probably the best game with most unrealised potential I have ever played. It could have been so good...
I have my hopes set on Crusader Kings II now though. Hopefully it will bring more of the good.
Love, scriver~

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #28865 on: April 26, 2011, 10:20:52 pm »

The problem with making characters for an RP someone else is running is that they have to play by the rules of someone else's setting. This is not normally a problem for me except when I get a wildly improbable idea that needs discussion. Even being fine with possibly never even using said idea, even if it manages to get brought into the realm of possibility, it's still something I want to actually discuss with them. Their time online is limited, and I'm not willing to push the issue when they'd prefer discussing other aspects (or other projects in general) because of that.

Now I still have a wildly improbable idea (that I already know is unworkable as is) stuck in my head, and the one person I can actually discuss it with is offline. Whee. Yet another day things get left unresolved.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #28866 on: April 27, 2011, 04:43:21 am »

This made me sad. :(
Another thing that made me sad: I barely had any time to play on my friend's Minecraft server because I had an issue placing or destroying anything. After an hour, we finally found out the problem was because of a mod I had on my 1.5 jar. He updated Bukkit to 1.5 and Runecraft, a plugin we use A LOT, didn't work, so I had to trek a long distance at night with precious cargo(a stack and a half of legit-ly gained bricks) to my home because the teleporter didn't work. By the time I got there, it was 9pm on a school night for him, so I didn't do much. He keeps the server up at night, but my connection is to crappy to do anything other than die if I don't LAN with him.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28867 on: April 27, 2011, 04:56:36 am »

xkcd made me feel sad - and old - today.
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28868 on: April 27, 2011, 06:11:37 am »

xkcd made me feel sad - and old - today.
Ditto. 'Effing "Little Mermaid".....

EDIT: Sad that SETI had to shut down their radio telescope array due to lack of funding.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 07:02:23 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28869 on: April 27, 2011, 07:39:39 am »

I have two chocolate bunnies i got for easter and no one to butcher them with :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28870 on: April 27, 2011, 08:59:35 am »

I have two chocolate bunnies i got for easter and no one to butcher them with :I
You could feed them to my avatar!

Saying that made me sad...
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28871 on: April 27, 2011, 09:12:46 am »

... Well, I now feel old as well.  Great.

Doesn't help that they've got all these ads for "Kung Fu Panda 2" on the busses here.  Or that I can actually remember the first time I watched most of the movies on that list.

I miss being younger.  It didn't completely suck, unlike now.

Went to lie down last night because I had a stomach ache.  I slept for 12 hours and enjoyed my recurrent nightmare of being unable to walk.  I've had that dream for what... 5 years now?  At least?

I'm just kind of tired.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28872 on: April 27, 2011, 09:14:01 am »

Poor Vector.

:(
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28873 on: April 27, 2011, 09:41:48 am »

Went to lie down last night because I had a stomach ache.  I slept for 12 hours and enjoyed my recurrent nightmare of being unable to walk.  I've had that dream for what... 5 years now?  At least?

I'm just kind of tired.

recurring nightmares....

oh god, I know the feeling all too well.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28874 on: April 27, 2011, 09:45:29 am »

Not much sleep last night due to waking up in the middle of the night(a somewhat normal thing that never caused problems in the past) and suddenly BAM dog flashbacks. It's a terrible feeling to quickly jump out of bed to make sure the dog has not pooped on the carpet only to realize he isn't there. Ever.

And I realized that my weekend class will be in the way of an annual hike with my buddies I really enjoy. First time I did that hike I received my first knife, and I was looking forward to this years hike. I had hoped classes would be over before they scheduled it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 1923 1924 [1925] 1926 1927 ... 8167