Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1818 1819 [1820] 1821 1822 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441408 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #27285 on: April 11, 2011, 06:49:11 pm »

Wauuuu, how do I keep getting sick?

Blorck.
You don't sleep much, if I remember correctly? As far as I know, the biological defense (yes, I forgot another word) gets drasticly lowered if we do not get enough sleep. Maybe related?
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27286 on: April 11, 2011, 06:55:54 pm »

Nah, I'm sleeping more, now... I just wonder why my sick-happening occurred just when I started taking significantly better care of myself >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27287 on: April 11, 2011, 06:56:28 pm »

Fuck you all I have strep throat you conniving poisoning bastards. D:

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27288 on: April 11, 2011, 07:02:08 pm »

Nah, I'm sleeping more, now... I just wonder why my sick-happening occurred just when I started taking significantly better care of myself >_>
Obviously your body is in a masochist relationship under your conciousness. It needs to be punished, or it'll snivel up and.. annoy.
Love, scriver~

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #27289 on: April 11, 2011, 07:14:24 pm »

On one hand, I'm happy that my first politics exam went really well, but... I can't help being disappointed at what a waste of time that class was. That was a two-semester course and I could have done just as well on that exam without even taking the course. At least I have some more interesting classes coming up in the fall.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #27290 on: April 11, 2011, 07:50:02 pm »

Wauuuu, how do I keep getting sick?

Blorck.

Try some garli- Oh, right. You're like the one person I can't recommend that to on the offchance it will help. Good luck, anyway! I hope it's gone in a day or two.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #27291 on: April 11, 2011, 08:36:28 pm »

I just woke up and it's 6:30... at least it's not night time. :\

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #27292 on: April 11, 2011, 08:47:13 pm »

I seem to have a minor allergy to acetaminophen. Pity, I bought a bottle of 100 pills for SCIENCE. Still, I have the 50 ibuprofen that I was gonna use for the other half of the SCIENCE. Oh well, I will have to hope the ibuprofen is better at curing caffeine withdrawal headaches.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27293 on: April 11, 2011, 08:50:18 pm »

I played the Shin Megami Tensei MMORPG or quite a while before deciding it's like a lot of MMORPGS:

PAY NOTHING EXCEPT COUNTLESS HOURS OF MONOTONOUS DRIVEL TO SURVIVE, EMPTY YOUR WALLET TO SUCCEED

Just another reason for me to stay clear of most MMORPGs.

I seem to have a minor allergy to acetaminophen. Pity, I bought a bottle of 100 pills for SCIENCE. Still, I have the 50 ibuprofen that I was gonna use for the other half of the SCIENCE. Oh well, I will have to hope the ibuprofen is better at curing caffeine withdrawal headaches.

Hey, that's nothing, I have an allergy to pawpaw fruit (an exotic plant/tree that can only grow by cross pollination in specific conditions). Do you know who the only family with two pawpaw trees in their yard is out of basically the entire town? MINE.

I've always wanted to taste them but even smelling them makes me break out so ingesting one would probably turn my stomach inside out and cause my fourth finger, right hand to fall off.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27294 on: April 11, 2011, 10:15:35 pm »

Yesterday, I've had one of the, or maybe even the worst academic experience of my life.
I've had a dubious pleasure of meeting an example of the most arrogant, dickish, entrenched old guard of an academician one can imagine.
I don't know what pissed me off more: whether it was the fact that he, in blatant disregard for the simple job he was supposed to do, and for which he cashes a fat check, being a professor and all that, did not seem concerned with lecturing the students about the subject matter, and instead talked in lenght about his hilariously campy life experiences, interspersed with even more hammy bits of "good advice", delivered in a condescending tone from the height of his age and position(he was once the dean of our faculty etc.).
Or whether it was the arrogant douche that emerged from his self-ingratiating stories, always abusing his status, bullying his way through life, and being too full of himself to ever leave any room for auto-criticisim or modesty, and which resonated strongly with his in-class behaviour, as he browbeated the students into quietly listening to his "lecture".
Or, if it was the creeping realisation that the upper echelons of the Polish academia might in fact be made up largely of such buffoons, as I've met a similar kind of a "distinguished" persona during my previous adventures with higher education. I did think it was a rare specimen back then, dismissing all the stories of reactionary, narrominded arseholery occupying the universities that I've heard of as fearmongering exaggerations. I fear I might've been wrong, and that I'll just have to suck it up.

In the end, as I have to admit to myself, what pisses me off the most, is that I've sat through all this farce, without protesting with a single word, as I should have done, letting myself be intimidated into complience with the bullshit that was being served there.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27295 on: April 11, 2011, 10:43:35 pm »

OCHITA DISAPPOINTED ME </3

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27296 on: April 11, 2011, 10:44:03 pm »

HOW?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27297 on: April 11, 2011, 10:45:39 pm »

BY NOT APPROVING OF MY NEW BACKGROUND

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27298 on: April 11, 2011, 10:47:29 pm »

B-but.. I thought that I was the only one for your one-sided lovings..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27299 on: April 11, 2011, 10:48:19 pm »

ONE-SIDED LOVINGS MADE ME SAD TODAY.
Pages: 1 ... 1818 1819 [1820] 1821 1822 ... 8167