Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1709 1710 [1711] 1712 1713 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435908 times)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25650 on: March 26, 2011, 08:44:50 pm »

Feeling pretty depressed.

Yurgh.  I wish I understood why these moods keep coming over me.

I assume you've ruled out diet and stress.  It sounds like you already suspect a medical issue, since you mentioned the blood test the other day (yesterday?).  So I'd say you're doing the right things, if that's any consolation.

For now, you could try distracting yourself with mindless physical work (e.g. housecleaning) or outright exercise.  Bonus:  It's healthy.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #25651 on: March 26, 2011, 08:47:40 pm »

Feeling pretty depressed.

Yurgh.  I wish I understood why these moods keep coming over me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25652 on: March 26, 2011, 08:57:39 pm »

BURN IT! BURN THE ABOMINATION!
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25653 on: March 26, 2011, 08:58:16 pm »

GIR!!! <3
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #25654 on: March 26, 2011, 11:00:18 pm »

All this talk of religion makes me remember when I used to go to church. My mom was very Catholic, and she sort of expected her children to follow her lead. My dad didn't (and still doesn't) care either way on religion. He believes in a god, but he doesn't usually pray or go to church or anything. Anyhow, I went to a nearby Catholic church until I was about 7 or 8. I always got extremely bored sitting in the pews during mass, and I absolutely hated having to sit still and quietly on the weekends, a time for fun. My mom dragged us around to all the various church social functions, but I never really got into it. The kicker came during Sunday School, though. The teachers there didn't teach me anything I thought was worth knowing. They told me such things as the tale of Noah's Ark, and how the world flooded. They couldn't answer any of the questions I had about it, such as why anyone would want to flood an entire planet, how it could even rain for that long, or how the total amount of water on the Earth increased, even though the stuff I learned about the water cycle just last week told me that that was impossible. Not only could I not get physical answers, I couldn't get moral answers. I just saw the whole thing as a huge waste of time for something I found meaningless. I stopped going to church, and my mother wasn't very happy with me. Luckily she came around after I explained why I 'forsook the faith', being the only person I have ever convinced of my position being acceptable, barring a couple friends. (My home town is incredibly religious. If you're not Catholic, Mormon, Other Christian Sect, or Jewish, you're an immoral vagrant.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25655 on: March 26, 2011, 11:08:11 pm »

My nose is running like a river, my head feels like it's been hit against a wall and I feel quite dizzy.

Goddamn sickness...
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #25656 on: March 27, 2011, 12:42:17 am »

I can't remember my OGPlanet password. It makes me sad because I've had a lot of good memories there. :(

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25657 on: March 27, 2011, 12:44:10 am »

I wanted to resurrect the "Shit, let's be -whatever absurd thing I was using at the time-" thread, but I can't find any good quizes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25658 on: March 27, 2011, 12:46:56 am »

Whelp, I've entered a brand new world.  The world of computers that make absolutely no noise, with case-lights I can't turn off.

More importantly, it's a Windows 7 world.  And I don't yet know how to make Windows 7 look like Windows 98, which is what I want it to look like.  Hell, just getting back to a world with Firefox, and Firefox 3 at that, was irritating enough.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25659 on: March 27, 2011, 12:49:30 am »

It's not perfect, and you lose some of Win7's nicer interface features, but the "Windows Classic" theme is pretty good.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #25660 on: March 27, 2011, 12:56:58 am »

Hell, just getting back to a world with Firefox, and Firefox 3 at that, was irritating enough.
How about Firefox 4

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25661 on: March 27, 2011, 01:16:57 am »

Hell, just getting back to a world with Firefox, and Firefox 3 at that, was irritating enough.
How about Firefox 4

Quote from: Mozilla Website
~a new look~ | ~super speed~ | ~even more awesomeness~

Nah, I'm good with living in the past.  I'm still trying to get Win7 to put a "My Computer" icon back on the desktop.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25662 on: March 27, 2011, 01:18:20 am »

You can't just copy-paste the icon from the folder browser?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25663 on: March 27, 2011, 01:20:07 am »

Aww come on Vector, you just had your first successful Livestream with the most watchers ever, you should be happy that you enlightened us with something you loved.

Haha, thank you.  That play makes me so sad, though... I can't stop remembering the end of the novel when I watch it, which has always made me just cry and cry.  And cry.

I don't know why, but that entire book has always put me through an emotional wringer.  I've never read anything else that made me quite so sad, and The Once and Future King was pretty hard on me.

*sigh*

"Claude, qu'est-ce que t'as fait de ton frere?"

And so on, and so forth.

I assume you've ruled out diet and stress.  It sounds like you already suspect a medical issue, since you mentioned the blood test the other day (yesterday?).  So I'd say you're doing the right things, if that's any consolation.

For now, you could try distracting yourself with mindless physical work (e.g. housecleaning) or outright exercise.  Bonus:  It's healthy.

Oh, I'm quite sure it's partially due to diet, stress, and exercise, and I've been working on it--took two walks and a (short) run today, and a nice long shower.  The rest is probably just situation-based, maybe a bit exacerbated because I have to go back to school soon.  That, and I apparently have pretty bad mood swings when my blood sugar level gets too low >_>

Thanks for being constructive about it, though =)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yes :I

Yes I do.  *Hug*

Nah, I'm good with living in the past.  I'm still trying to get Win7 to put a "My Computer" icon back on the desktop.

Drag it off the start menu.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25664 on: March 27, 2011, 01:33:25 am »

Ah crap, I'm screwing around with computer issues and being a smug prick, while Vector's having real problems.  I don't even know what I missed.

If it makes you feel any better, Bay12 Night at the Theater was awesome.  You should definitely do that again some time.
Pages: 1 ... 1709 1710 [1711] 1712 1713 ... 8167