Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1711 1712 [1713] 1714 1715 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434897 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #25680 on: March 27, 2011, 06:33:25 am »

Sorry to hear that, Vector.
I know how you feel, but probably on a much, much smaller scale...

Even if it isn't much consolation, at least you aquired knowledge doing all that work.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25681 on: March 27, 2011, 06:45:10 am »

My dad has been acting like a cock recently.

*sigh*

Seems there's a lot of those at bay12 lately... What did he do, if you don't mind me asking?
He's been constantly insulting and threatening my mum. At least he dosen't cause any physical harm to mum anymore.

Shit, man.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25682 on: March 27, 2011, 08:48:35 am »

Yeah, it pretty much stumped me as well. I hate it when you want to show you care (or, you know, more frequently, just validate how they feel) and then you can't find anything to say. It's even harder over the Internet as there is absolutely no way of expressing your sympathy without words.

..Anyway, AoD, like I said, I don't really what to say.. Except, you know, what an arse hole.
Love, scriver~

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #25683 on: March 27, 2011, 09:37:17 am »

Yeah, it pretty much stumped me as well. I hate it when you want to show you care (or, you know, more frequently, just validate how they feel) and then you can't find anything to say. It's even harder over the Internet as there is absolutely no way of expressing your sympathy without words.

This is unrelated to AoD's situation (and I'm sorry to hear that, man), but tough as it is, sometimes you don't need to try and say something. One of my best friends went through about three rather bad serious/dramatic life events last February and came home crying every night as things kept getting worse. There wasn't really anything I could say, considering that 'everything's going to be all right' would have been a bald-faced lie and we both knew it. But the fact that I was there for her was enough. Sometimes showing you're there for someone is all they need.

e- On a personal 'things wot made me sad' note, I've been essaying nonstop for over a week and it looks like I still have another week and a half of essaying ahead. I say 'non-stop' fairly literally, as I just finished one, saved it, then opened a new file and started making notes for the next one immediately. Finished two last week, and I've got one due tomorrow, Tuesday, Friday, and the Monday after the weekend. Then a bit of a break to do exams then another two due in the post-exam season. There is not enough coffee in the world to get me through this happily. WOOHOO.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:50:53 am by Retro »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25684 on: March 27, 2011, 10:06:18 am »

My mother likes repeating herslef, i will fail at life if i don't get this one thing right, and i know that 's a lie because one test does not decide my whole life, especially since it's something i'm pretty sure i will forget as soon as i finish it.Then there's all that talk about univerisities, and stuff i will do in life, this being one of the more stressfull periods of time for me, as i literally don't know what i want to do with myself after highschool it doesn't help one bit that my parents are doing everything they can do increase the amount of stress and worry i get, the frequent depression cases don't help either.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25685 on: March 27, 2011, 10:13:44 am »

My mother likes repeating herslef, i will fail at life if i don't get this one thing right, and i know that 's a lie because one test does not decide my whole life, especially since it's something i'm pretty sure i will forget as soon as i finish it.Then there's all that talk about univerisities, and stuff i will do in life, this being one of the more stressfull periods of time for me, as i literally don't know what i want to do with myself after highschool it doesn't help one bit that my parents are doing everything they can do increase the amount of stress and worry i get, the frequent depression cases don't help either.
I know how you feel. My dad acts like that.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25686 on: March 27, 2011, 10:53:18 am »

This is unrelated to AoD's situation (and I'm sorry to hear that, man), but tough as it is, sometimes you don't need to try and say something. One of my best friends went through about three rather bad serious/dramatic life events last February and came home crying every night as things kept getting worse. There wasn't really anything I could say, considering that 'everything's going to be all right' would have been a bald-faced lie and we both knew it. But the fact that I was there for her was enough. Sometimes showing you're there for someone is all they need.

Well;
It's even harder over the Internet as there is absolutely no way of expressing your sympathy without words.
;)
While in real life, you can be there for someone without speaking (it's basically the only thing I can do for people, having such a hard time showing my own emotions), on the Internet that would be the same as absence. And that's not the signals I want to send.

I know how you feel. My dad acts like that.
Both my parents as well. Seemingly no common sense or feeling whatsoever for when's the time to criticise, and when it's time to support. Fuck, I hope I never grow to be like that towards my kids.
Love, scriver~

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25687 on: March 27, 2011, 11:27:23 am »

3DO: Good traps, 98% of the time.

I mean seriously, the walls are bleeding. Oh hey a button, in a creepy room, right on top of what looks to be an altar that is presumably why the walls are bloody. Here's an idea: PRESS IT.

Of course now I actually do have to press it just to find out what it does.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25688 on: March 27, 2011, 11:36:45 am »

I'm downloading an update for my PC.

IT HAS TAKEN OVER 4 HOURS.

Grrr...
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25689 on: March 27, 2011, 12:13:28 pm »

Having a terabyte hard drive after languishing for years in 140gb hell is giving me horrible habits.  I just looked around on my computer and realized I haven't deleted anything since I got the new hard drive.  It's a mess.

Yeah, I have a terabyte myself now, and everything thing in the world to fill it.  After years of juggling between three or four installed games on 70ish gigs, this is going to be a trainwreck.

I was juggling things on a 30 gig harddrive for the longest time. I basically always had to have things ready to be deleted if I ever wanted to put anything on it. Getting my 320 gig external has opened up my world significantly. Managing to fill 150 gigs of it in 3 1/2 days has showed me that I'm probably going to be repeating this habit, but on a much larger scale.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25690 on: March 27, 2011, 12:23:11 pm »

Yeah I was doing the "delete everything I'm not using right now" for a long time until I got a 500GB hard-drive.  I still keep the habit, but it's nice to have so much of a buffer.

Last night I was feeling kinda delusional, but after a 30 minute shower this morning I'm feeling kinda better about it...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25691 on: March 27, 2011, 12:27:05 pm »

Damn kids. I started out with a hidred meg hard drive, and it was huge.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25692 on: March 27, 2011, 12:29:41 pm »

Damn kids. I started out with a hidred meg hard drive, and it was huge.
I can call you an old man if you want.  :V  Aqizzar seems to like it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #25693 on: March 27, 2011, 12:34:29 pm »

Damn kids. I started out with a hundred meg hard drive, and it was huge.
The very first computer I used had 60MB of space, and I'm only 16.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25694 on: March 27, 2011, 01:13:33 pm »

Goddammit Steam, all I want to do is log in.  You were cool with this last night, you even took my security code.  Why you gotta harsh this now?  I even got a new code, but I guess it's not good enough for you.  Well, it'll have to be, because I don't know how I got the last two and your parents won't send me a third for some reason.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 1711 1712 [1713] 1714 1715 ... 8167