Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1578 1579 [1580] 1581 1582 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448207 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #23685 on: March 03, 2011, 04:47:29 pm »

This leaves me stumped. You do the cooking and you don't specialize your knives by changing the shape of the edge to suit whatever you're cutting?
People are strange.

I try to use knives that are suited to what I'm cutting, but I frequently have to make do with whatever I haven't used in the last few days, as they're guaranteed to be languishing at the side of the sink. Today was Bread Knife being used to cut Onion and Chicken. Not the best of knives to use, although at least the blade was long enough to actually cut the entire onion in half.

There's meant to be some fairly decent knife my Uncle bought for my mum for christmas somewhere, but I have no idea where she keeps it.

I'm fairly Apathetic. I don't want to do any more work than I have to, and I really dislike washing up.

It's not really a pain or even annoying. It's just that when it's quiet, I keep having that beeping sound in my head. The worst that could happen is that it would turn me into a omnicidal maniac. Oh wait, too late.

I've had that since I was about 3. Used to stop me going to sleep, which really annoyed my parents.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23686 on: March 03, 2011, 04:54:22 pm »

I'm nocturnal anyway, so that doesn't bother me :P

The teachers, on the other hand, do :/

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #23687 on: March 03, 2011, 05:20:38 pm »

It's not really a pain or even annoying. It's just that when it's quiet, I keep having that beeping sound in my head.

Wait, it's not meant to do that?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23688 on: March 03, 2011, 05:30:03 pm »

I was going to go to a midnight reading of wise man's fear with my sister (patrick rothfuss's new book), but due to suddenly getting sick and having a calculus test tommorow (and im way behind on all the homework and classwork), i won't be able to go.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23689 on: March 03, 2011, 05:34:13 pm »

It's not really a pain or even annoying. It's just that when it's quiet, I keep having that beeping sound in my head.

Wait, it's not meant to do that?
Heads usually shouldn't be filled with some sort of continuous noise. It leads to bad things.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23690 on: March 03, 2011, 05:38:49 pm »

I'm fairly Apathetic. I don't want to do any more work than I have to, and I really dislike washing up.

And you enjoy the lovely feel of a grimy sink, coated with various leftovers from dishes left inside to their own devices even more?

Also, getting the knife blade right will save you a lot of effort. A meat knife, one for raw vegetables, one for frozen meat or stripping bones, each kept sharp and with the right type of edge means quicker and easier work.
And, to be honest, it's fun. Grinding to get rid of nicks, then profiling the edge, taking off the burr, stropping the blade. It's quite relaxing.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23691 on: March 03, 2011, 05:40:57 pm »

And you enjoy the lovely feel of a grimy sink, coated with various leftovers from dishes left inside to their own devices even more?

Also, getting the knife blade right will save you a lot of effort. A meat knife, one for raw vegetables, one for frozen meat or stripping bones, each kept sharp and with the right type of edge means quicker and easier work.
And, to be honest, it's fun. Grinding to get rid of nicks, then profiling the edge, taking off the burr, stropping the blade. It's quite relaxing.
a knife man, its great to keep a blade sharp, gives me quality cuts for hides.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23692 on: March 03, 2011, 05:44:15 pm »

Not as much a knife man as a cook. I like my tools usable, and a sharp blade keeps wrist strain down.
Have you ever tried slicing a tomato with a blunt knife? It's like trying to cut with a hammer.
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23693 on: March 03, 2011, 05:45:58 pm »

Not as much a knife man as a cook. I like my tools usable, and a sharp blade keeps wrist strain down.
Have you ever tried slicing a tomato with a blunt knife? It's like trying to cut with a hammer.
Oh yea, also a blunt knife is crap to cutting meat leaving ragged chunks behind, its good to be a hunter.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23694 on: March 03, 2011, 05:50:16 pm »

Yeah... ripping the fiber bundles instead of cutting. And you risk nicking yourself when the blade catches in a bone or something and jumps.
I don't have much heart for the idea hunting. I prefer my meat to come in rather more anonymous bits.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23695 on: March 03, 2011, 05:52:39 pm »

Part of the 'agreement' in the house is that I do all the cooking, and therefore don't have to do the washing up. So I haven't felt a grimy sink in a while. And I do keep my knives sharp; blunt knives increase accidents (put more pressure on knife, knife slips, shit). Not something I particularly want to happen, given how bad I am at getting my hands out of the way now. (Cooking today, my thumb was only saved from two rather nasty cuts by the length of my fingernails.)
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23696 on: March 03, 2011, 05:56:20 pm »

Like I said, try getting the knives to do only one thing. A chopping knife, a cutting knife and a breadknife should do. That way you learn how to handle them better and get a feel for their movement, so you're less likely to cut yourself.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23697 on: March 03, 2011, 05:57:42 pm »

At least you guys don't have any twits abusing your knifes into oblivion.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23698 on: March 03, 2011, 06:00:30 pm »

At least you guys don't have any twits abusing your knifes into oblivion.

Bets? I have parents.

I sharpen the slicer a week ago, and they use it on bread. I don't really notice.
Today, I get the knife and go to slice some onions to roast. There's a burr on the blade thicker than my nail.
So yeah...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23699 on: March 03, 2011, 06:01:33 pm »

I prefer my knives to be of the easily concealable in a wrist sheath variety.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 1578 1579 [1580] 1581 1582 ... 8167