Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1577 1578 [1579] 1580 1581 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449077 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #23670 on: March 03, 2011, 03:57:39 pm »

Damn practical education, i have no idea why we have it, two first grades of highschool i understood it, we did something, learned how to wire shit and whatnot, last two grades were just turning in a set amount of written tasks that we pulled out of our ass or off the internet.Then the teacher decided to be an asshole and said that we can hand in printed works (like we used to) but that we have to write them all down, around 16 of them each month, now that isn't much of a problem, the problem is the complete uselessness that are these works and that they are essentially timesinks that prevent us from doing other usefull stuff.Right now because of some month screwing around we have to turn in 28 tasks by tommorow, which wouldn't be so horrible if i knew about it, as i was informed the previous week that we had untill next Tuesday and i intended to do them over the weekend, now i have to write long into the night and then some more in the morning, yay.

Luckily i have Billy Cobham to keep me going :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23671 on: March 03, 2011, 04:02:11 pm »

Onions, damnit. I hate damn Onions  :'(

Seriously, I hate chopping onions, but they so many recipes need them and they smell so good when they're cooking. My eyes hurt like hell now.

Might go to sleep really early to try and block out the pain.

Onions.

If you've gotten used to the knife's shape and weight, try cutting with your eyes closed. I do.
Use your index finger to set how thick the slice you want, placing it on top of the onion, then rest the blade against the finger so the cutting edge doesn't touch your skin. Press down and slice.
Try practicing this with your eyes open for a few days until you get the hang of it so you don't cut yourself.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23672 on: March 03, 2011, 04:06:38 pm »

I'm pretty good at cutting myself with my eyes open, and the knife I use is rarely the same one. I do all the cooking in the house, so washing up is meant to be done by someone else. Never actually happens when it's meant to, though.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23673 on: March 03, 2011, 04:12:04 pm »

the knife I use is rarely the same one. I do all the cooking
This leaves me stumped. You do the cooking and you don't specialize your knives by changing the shape of the edge to suit whatever you're cutting?
People are strange.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #23674 on: March 03, 2011, 04:14:19 pm »

Ugh, I can't make myself work towards my promise to Vector today... I am starting to feel like a lazy ass.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23675 on: March 03, 2011, 04:22:29 pm »

Ugh, I can't make myself work towards my promise to Vector today... I am starting to feel like a lazy ass.

What did you promise, if I'm allowed to ask?

@Burnt Pies:
I heard it gets better if you put them in the fridge for 10 minutes before cutting them, haven't tried though, sice I usally don't have this problem to you degree.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #23676 on: March 03, 2011, 04:26:03 pm »

My right ear hurts.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23677 on: March 03, 2011, 04:29:08 pm »

Mine too. And my left ear has tinnitus. I think I should see a doctor for my ears and eyesight <_<

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #23678 on: March 03, 2011, 04:34:29 pm »

Mine too. And my left ear has tinnitus. I think I should see a doctor for my ears and eyesight <_<

Yeah I'm going next week, it's free for me anyway, scared it might be an infection here, tinnitus can't be cured though can it? And what's with your eyes?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #23679 on: March 03, 2011, 04:36:23 pm »

I was making a gmod video, but my progress is so unbelievably slow it's ridiculous.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23680 on: March 03, 2011, 04:37:01 pm »

Yeah I'm going next week, it's free for me anyway, scared it might be an infection here, tinnitus can't be cured though can it? And what's with your eyes?
Right eye's a bit blurry. Might need some glasses.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23681 on: March 03, 2011, 04:41:42 pm »

Tinnitus can't be cured, they'll give you pain medication in case if it is intense for you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23682 on: March 03, 2011, 04:44:12 pm »

It's not really a pain or even annoying. It's just that when it's quiet, I keep having that beeping sound in my head. The worst that could happen is that it would turn me into a omnicidal maniac. Oh wait, too late.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23683 on: March 03, 2011, 04:45:13 pm »

It's not really a pain or even annoying. It's just that when it's quiet, I keep having that beeping sound in my head. The worst that could happen is that it would turn me into a omnicidal maniac. Oh wait, too late.
Well you're fine then, they have yet to prove sound kills though :P

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23684 on: March 03, 2011, 04:47:07 pm »

I was making a gmod video, but my progress is so unbelievably slow it's ridiculous.

I'm thinking about making my own 'Let's play', but that's a lot of work and there's no guarantee that people will be interested.
Well I might just start a thread to ask about that.

Just to join the general moaning:
Whenever I wake up, my throat hurts. I think that's coupled with my very low room temperature I get during the night.
Pages: 1 ... 1577 1578 [1579] 1580 1581 ... 8167