Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1481 1482 [1483] 1484 1485 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471789 times)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #22230 on: February 11, 2011, 07:57:30 pm »

I'd be one of the nameless NPC's that are only there to give the illusion of the town being populated.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22231 on: February 11, 2011, 07:58:00 pm »

I'm the resident side character with deep seeded emotional issues who ends up sacrificing herself for the others.

I call the wise-cracking, jerkass with a heart of gold, foul mouthed, sidekick that really sucks at the beginning of the game and then becomes useful toward midgame.

Merchant and MaximumZero do fusion dance to become Cait Sith?

Oh, and I call crazy lesser villian who may or may not have given up he's evil ways to become a traveling sword salesmen.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22232 on: February 11, 2011, 07:58:56 pm »

I'm a spoony bard! :3
Nah, I'd probably be the Token evil psychopathic teammate.
I'd be one of the nameless NPC's that are only there to give the illusion of the town being populated.
"Welcome to Coneria!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22233 on: February 11, 2011, 08:05:48 pm »

"Welcome to Coneria!"

*sigh*

Times are tough.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22234 on: February 11, 2011, 08:16:39 pm »

vector Vector Vector. Maths is a useful skill. Just look at Final fantasy tactics. Calculators break the game. Repeatedly.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22235 on: February 11, 2011, 08:26:15 pm »

vector Vector Vector. Maths is a useful skill. Just look at Final fantasy tactics. Calculators break the game. Repeatedly.
You have no idea... Most raiding guilds end up using abstract algebra elements to see if they can pour out enough damage to beat the hard-enrage timer on bosses, or see if switching a damage character to a healing role will make them sleepwalk through the raid with ease of extra healing or get wiped out by the bosses hard-enraging.

As for me, I'd probably be the scheming, plot-relevant NPC whom no one can figure out whether is helping the protagonist, the villain or, ultimately, solely himself.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22236 on: February 11, 2011, 08:38:42 pm »

As for me, I'd probably be the scheming, plot-relevant NPC whom no one can figure out whether is helping the protagonist, the villain or, ultimately, solely himself.

Saemon Havarian, eh?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22237 on: February 11, 2011, 08:44:07 pm »

SAEEMOONNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22238 on: February 11, 2011, 08:51:19 pm »

Only thing resembling an identity crisis I ever have was when I was 8 and I had just watched alien, and I was wondering if, perhaps, I was really a synthetic humanoid. I mean, how would I know?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22239 on: February 11, 2011, 08:54:25 pm »

I guess I did the christan to agnostic thing, but that was hardly a crisis, just a slow phase that took several years and didn't realy change me at all.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22240 on: February 11, 2011, 08:56:06 pm »

Speak for yourself. When I went from Christian to Atheist it was because I was incredibly depressed to the point of attempting suicide at one point and didn't think a kind and good god would let me suffer like that.

I was eight.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22241 on: February 11, 2011, 08:58:13 pm »

Hm, I came to that realization years ago.
*Hugs*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22242 on: February 11, 2011, 08:59:14 pm »

the guy in the sky is not that useless but then again how can i say that with all of this bullshit going around.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22243 on: February 11, 2011, 09:01:38 pm »

I feel like I have somehow constructivly improved the level of depressing talk on this thread... On one hand, it was constructive, on the other, it was depressing. The mixed emotions here is making me sad today.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22244 on: February 11, 2011, 09:14:23 pm »

All my crises are slow burns, taking years of freaking out and not knowing what the hell is going on. I'm probably in one now, not knowing anything of what I'll be doing in a few years. No idea whatsoever.

And thankfully my church was pretty cool about stuff, giving sermons like "If the church is driving your family apart then don't go to church." Cool support, and it turns out the bullies were just being little kids and turned out to be cool dudes to be with when we grew up a little. Helped me realize that my suicidal thoughts as a little kid were completely hollow. I would probably be a miserable Atheist knowing my history, as it would be based off of bitter memories of people rather than any faith issues.

Just gotta keep aware of what you are feeling at times and realize what you are going through. Crises are easier to deal with when you know exactly what you are dealing with.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 1481 1482 [1483] 1484 1485 ... 8167