Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 [1397] 1398 1399 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473542 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #20940 on: January 26, 2011, 08:05:16 pm »

So they don't really care about what you write, just that you do it according to standards... and then turn around and show them why you're unique and valuable.  It makes no sense.

Holy shit, my point exactly.  Why even bother writing anything if you're not going to pay attention to it anyway?  It wouldn't feel quite so insulting if this wasn't the kind of thing used for an example.  Hey, got any tips for selling yourself, for people who aren't rabid multilingual trustfunded overachievers?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:09:53 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #20941 on: January 26, 2011, 08:08:00 pm »

I am still sick, and I cannot currently breathe well through my nose. I also have a moderately long day tomorrow, and it is highly uncertain whether the weather will be bad enough to get the campus closed for the day. The snow we had today only went for a couple hours at most before turning back into rain, so I am not overly hopeful at the moment.

Also a bit more tired than usual, but that's hardly surprising with the above considered.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #20942 on: January 26, 2011, 08:10:24 pm »

So they don't really care about what you write, just that you do it according to standards... and then turn around and show them why you're unique and valuable.  It makes no sense.

Holy shit, my point exactly.  Why even bother writing anything if you're not going to pay attention to it anyway?  It wouldn't feel quite so insulting if this wasn't the kind of thing used for an example.  Hey, got any tips for selling yourself, for people who aren't rabid multilingual trustfunded overachievers?

I get the same thing when doing shit like cover letters. So I waste space writing about how I hate writing about myself, saying it makes me feel like self-absorbed douchebag, before giving a brief-as-possible summary of myself.

It's worked quite well so far.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20943 on: January 26, 2011, 08:10:51 pm »

Hey, got any tips for selling yourself, for people who aren't rabid multilingual trustfunded overachievers?

Do everything 110%, learn Spanish, and hire a dude to invest in the stock market for you.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20944 on: January 26, 2011, 08:13:19 pm »

Hey, got any tips for selling yourself, for people who aren't rabid multilingual trustfunded overachievers?

Do everything 110%, learn Spanish, and hire a dude to invest in the stock market for you.

Also contract rabies.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #20945 on: January 26, 2011, 08:15:36 pm »

Spoiler: stuff (click to show/hide)
Well frig. I absolutley hate writing about myself, not because the above reasons, but also because I really don't know who I am. Seriously. Even the only memories I have of my life so far are pretty much of my worst moments (witnessing death, getting faceclubbed in an accident. Etc.)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20946 on: January 26, 2011, 08:22:04 pm »

Snowstorm is hitting me rather hard. And the worst part is that the power outages are just flickers that remove the power from my computer.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20947 on: January 26, 2011, 08:50:39 pm »

Snowstorm is hitting me rather hard. And the worst part is that the power outages are just flickers that remove the power from my computer.
Laptop ftw?  I'm having the same weather though.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20948 on: January 26, 2011, 09:28:05 pm »

Managed to log into my scribd account through tor, but file uploads are failing :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20949 on: January 26, 2011, 09:49:50 pm »

I wsan't laughing either.
WHY MUST YOU DO THIS? STOP IT

ftfy
For the humor value.

Today, I was made sad by realizing that this post in the What Made You Sad Today thread was my 500th post, which I wasted on something not awesome.
There's a joke in here but I can't find it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20950 on: January 26, 2011, 09:51:55 pm »

Let it be known that my thirteen-thousandth post was saying Justin Bieber is cool.
Shoes...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20951 on: January 26, 2011, 09:53:36 pm »

Let it be known that my thirteen-thousandth post was saying Justin Bieber is cool.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Life could always be worse.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20952 on: January 26, 2011, 09:54:30 pm »

Of course, EA has to screw it up with their corporate greed.  There's a DEMO OF THE CREATURE CREATOR.  WTF.  It only contains 25% of the creature parts, the full version is TEN DOLLARS.  Why would I get the full version when I can just get it in September when the game comes out?<P>Money-grubbing EA is money-grubbing.<p>[ April 29, 2008: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

I actually said this once.  Holy shit I know how Karkat feels, past me was a tool.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20953 on: January 26, 2011, 09:58:37 pm »

I agree, you were a bigger tool back then.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20954 on: January 26, 2011, 09:58:45 pm »

Man, I don't even want to get into my past posts.  I can still remember running around with my Intelligencia Beret and Clown Nose on, defending the subtly and humorous merits of Various Nonsense's continued existence to Kagus and Akroma.  The only guy who's a bigger pretentious dumbass than Current Aqizzar is Past Aqizzar.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Life could always be worse.

Quote from: The Previously Highest Rated Comment for Stairway to Heaven
How to make a stupid high rated comment

1.TROOOOOL

2.Random Justin Bieber insult

3."Thumbs up if you agree"

fuck,i'm trolling
blackpuma98 3 days ago 45

What makes this sadder is that, in three days, a video with over six million views and 21000 Likes got a new highest rated comment, about Chuck Norris jokes.  Fuck I hate YouTube.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 [1397] 1398 1399 ... 8167