Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1394 1395 [1396] 1397 1398 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473939 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #20925 on: January 26, 2011, 01:15:35 pm »

Stop fukcnig trollign
*Hugs*

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20926 on: January 26, 2011, 01:16:06 pm »

I wsan't laughing either.
WHY MUST YOU DO THIS? STOP IT

ftfy
For the humor value.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20927 on: January 26, 2011, 01:17:35 pm »

We are all cool here bros. Everything is cool. Life is cool.

Weather is about as crummy as it can get without mass closings. Sleet and freezing rain and the roads are fine so I gotta walk through this crap.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20928 on: January 26, 2011, 01:18:56 pm »

My weather is crummy and there is mass closing everywhere.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20929 on: January 26, 2011, 01:19:12 pm »

Hey, the Oakenshield stuff was actually quite funny.  And the thing was, I wasn't really laughing at anyone (except Oakenshield, of course) while reading.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #20930 on: January 26, 2011, 01:23:26 pm »

It ain't when you're Jewish and live in the holy land of milk and honey. Kind of creepy, thinking that that's what people think about us.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20931 on: January 26, 2011, 01:26:13 pm »

Well, you can focus on him, or you can focus on all the reasonable people disagreeing with him.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20932 on: January 26, 2011, 01:26:53 pm »

It was disturbing.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20933 on: January 26, 2011, 02:09:42 pm »

I'm coming down with the flue, just two days before the convention starts... I said I was hoping something wouldn't come up, and I frigging jynxed it... At least this isn't as bad as last year when I was REALLY sick.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20934 on: January 26, 2011, 04:53:20 pm »

I'm more pissed than anything else, but Windows 7 decided to crap out on me, and will no longer boot, taking with it my homework and my schedule info. To top it off, trying to get Ubuntu working is proving to be nothing but an exercise in frustration, as I try to sort out a tangle of conflicting plugins that are doing things that make no damned sense at all.

I can at least successfully type things into a box like this though. That's a nice perk.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20935 on: January 26, 2011, 04:58:07 pm »

Tomorrow I'll be at work from 7 am to 7 pm.
Not that I've got anything better to do, but this is going to be quite exhausting.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20936 on: January 26, 2011, 07:34:22 pm »

I've had that before.
It was on a public holiday, too.
I liked it.

where are you working?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20937 on: January 26, 2011, 07:49:17 pm »

took another look at the S&W and im getting second thoughts again (the assembly looks like its ready to explode all over the place)
S&W? you mean a Smith and Wesson?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20938 on: January 26, 2011, 07:56:19 pm »

Writing a résumé is a process intended to make you hate yourself.  Writing one as a recent college graduate will make you question why you ever bothered going.  Everyone says you're supposed to embellish and stretch for info and skills to include, and if you still run out of crap to say about yourself and fill one page, describe your professional interests.  I think this is bullshit advice for two reasons.  First, when everyone says that you should embellish your résumé, doesn't that mean that anyone reading it is going to assume it's an overblown pack of lies?  Second, talking about myself makes me feel like a tool.

But at the same time, if you can't fill a page, your résumé is worthless, you slacker.  Why can't I just turn over a post-it note saying, "Hey, I just graduated college with a Bachelors in Liberal Arts, and I have no relevant job experience to anything but moving boxes.  Hire me, why don't you?"  Because that's all this résumé nonsense is for, a needlessly elaborate way of saying exactly that.

I also woke up pissed off at myself that I didn't even start to get around to this until more than a month after the end of class, but that's exactly why I need a daytime job.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #20939 on: January 26, 2011, 08:01:45 pm »

Writing a résumé is a process intended to make you hate yourself.  Writing one as a recent college graduate will make you question why you ever bothered going.  Everyone says you're supposed to embellish and stretch for info and skills to include, and if you still run out of crap to say about yourself and fill one page, describe your professional interests.  I think this is bullshit advice for two reasons.  First, when everyone says that you should embellish your résumé, doesn't that mean that anyone reading it is going to assume it's an overblown pack of lies?  Second, talking about myself makes me feel like a tool.

But at the same time, if you can't fill a page, your résumé is worthless, you slacker.  Why can't I just turn over a post-it note saying, "Hey, I just graduated college with a Bachelors in Liberal Arts, and I have no relevant job experience to anything but moving boxes.  Hire me, why don't you?"  Because that's all this résumé nonsense is for, a needlessly elaborate way of saying exactly that.

I also woke up pissed off at myself that I didn't even start to get around to this until more than a month after the end of class, but that's exactly why I need a daytime job.

I hate all the nonsense etiquette regarding resumes & cover letters.  I especially hate that it even applies in industries where they only really care about your portfolio.  So they don't really care about what you write, just that you do it according to standards... and then turn around and show them why you're unique and valuable.  It makes no sense.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 1394 1395 [1396] 1397 1398 ... 8167