Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9468256 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #20775 on: January 24, 2011, 09:21:01 pm »

That... does just suck.  Here you can quit maths (or indeed, any other subject) while moving into high school equivalent (by college you're down to basically one subject).  I mean, I've kept on maths, but it's not like everyone should be forced to...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20776 on: January 24, 2011, 09:22:44 pm »

Normally I'd say something about how we're more well-rounded but I know everything that doesn't pertain to what I'm going to do with my life (and half the stuff that does) is going to be gone as soon as I turn in the test.
Shoes...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20777 on: January 24, 2011, 09:25:55 pm »

Normally I'd say something about how we're more well-rounded but I know everything that doesn't pertain to what I'm going to do with my life (and half the stuff that does) is going to be gone as soon as I turn in the test.

:(

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20778 on: January 24, 2011, 09:27:08 pm »

Don't be sad, that was an exaggeration.  Everything that is math will be gone as soon as the test is over.  I retain most of the rest.
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20779 on: January 24, 2011, 09:44:28 pm »

I don't want to do this stuff...:(
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20780 on: January 24, 2011, 09:51:08 pm »

Don't be sad, that was an exaggeration.  Everything that is math will be gone as soon as the test is over.  I retain most of the rest.

Besides algebra, which is basically self explanatory (I got a B on the final exam while high as a fucking kite), the only non-Algebra equation I can ever remember is Pert for continually-compounded interest.  Other than that, I don't even remember what else we covered, except how to make TI-82 calculators do work for us.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #20781 on: January 24, 2011, 09:57:48 pm »

Let's see, among other things, it's been two weeks since I heard anything from one of my main online acquaintances. While the sudden, unexpected disappearance did coincide with what was probably the first day of class for his college as well, it's been long enough I'm a bit concerned. Unless he's been on MSN while I haven't been, since I haven't checked in the last few days, so maybe one of my other acquaintances can say when I actually feel up to popping up again.

Which I currently don't, because I am sick. This will not help tomorrow, because I have class.

Soothing as it is, the Song of Healing fails to actually heal. And will require a ridiculous amount of effort if I really want to get something set up to play it in Minecraft.

And then the conversation in this just reminds me of the ever-present anxiety I'm stuck with because I'm supposed to be transferring from a community college to a four year university after this semester and I really don't have a clue what I want to do with life, since I can't very well not keep moving forward. .-.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20782 on: January 24, 2011, 10:06:48 pm »

I had a debate with someone, with me against slavery and them for.

At no point during this debate did I say anything along the lines of "slavery is wrong"

It didn't occur to me. What did occur to me was how horribly inefficient a system it would be to run.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20783 on: January 24, 2011, 10:09:50 pm »

Congratulations, you participated in a debate without resorting to stupidity.

This is nothing to be sad about.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20784 on: January 24, 2011, 10:18:38 pm »

Yes but I feel like I should have at least thought it once.

EDIT: During the debate, not long after the fact.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20785 on: January 24, 2011, 10:23:54 pm »

It would have been a logical fallacy to use it. You should be glad that you didn't think of it, it means you have skill in debating without resorting to the "it's just wrong" argument.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20786 on: January 25, 2011, 12:07:20 am »

Dammit, I don't got time to read mah manga I need to get mah sleep or else I won't get up early enough for mah school.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20787 on: January 25, 2011, 12:15:28 am »

This thread gets crazy amounts of posts per day. Too much defines makes me sad.....
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20788 on: January 25, 2011, 12:17:38 am »

Its midnight and theres too much I want to do to get myself to go to sleep, but I need to
or else I won't get up early enough for mah school.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20789 on: January 25, 2011, 12:21:52 am »

http://gizmodo.com/5742413/this-is-what-really-hides-in-taco-bells-beef
Apparently, someone finally found the ingredients list for Taco Bell beef, after the many years of disgruntled employees walking out on their illustrious part-time wages.  And... despite the annoying commentary from the author of this article, the ingredients don't look half bad o_O  The 'oat product' and soy looks a little fillery, but honestly, the rest looks like cheap spices and flavoring and that's it.  I was expecting nuclear waste or something.
Pages: 1 ... 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 ... 8167