Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1383 1384 [1385] 1386 1387 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466956 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #20760 on: January 24, 2011, 07:26:46 pm »

How that?

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20761 on: January 24, 2011, 07:29:18 pm »

a meteor mangled my friends left hand today. he now has a gapping whole the size of a dime in his palm and is in the emergency room. kinda wished he won the lottery 5 times instead -.-
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20762 on: January 24, 2011, 07:30:45 pm »

What? That kind of thing actually happens? He's lucky it's only his hand, but getting hit at all... the odds are infinitesimal.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20763 on: January 24, 2011, 07:31:00 pm »

a meteor mangled my friends left hand today. he now has a gapping whole the size of a dime in his palm and is in the emergency room. kinda wished he won the lottery 5 times instead -.-
He'll make the (local) news though, if he doesn't then you must have the most exciting town in the world.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20764 on: January 24, 2011, 07:48:51 pm »

He'll make the (local) news though, if he doesn't then you must have the most exciting town in the world.

Fuck, on a slow news day that could make national news.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20765 on: January 24, 2011, 07:58:59 pm »

Realize that Pandemic 3 is apparently out: :D
Realize that Pandemic 3 is download only, and could very well just be a trap: D:
Doesn't seem to be on the developers' website.  I'd say it's fake.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20766 on: January 24, 2011, 08:08:52 pm »

I think I'm only going to get 3 hours of sleep today, at most. Not that it's important, but it still buggers me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20767 on: January 24, 2011, 08:13:15 pm »

Realize that Pandemic 3 is download only, and could very well just be a trap: D:
Yeah, I'm certainly not going to be downloading that file anytime soon.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #20768 on: January 24, 2011, 08:17:04 pm »

Yeah, I'm certainly not going to be downloading that file anytime soon.
Yeah and the websight they say it's on dosen't have it listed.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20769 on: January 24, 2011, 09:03:05 pm »

Fucking math.  It seems like every time I'm happy and having fun I turn around and there's math to do.  When I don't have to do math things are great.  I don't have to worry about grades, I barely have to worry about homework, high GPA, good times.

Then math comes around and suddenly I'm doing the "how bad can I do and still pass" dance and worrying 24/7 about my grades and doing hours of homework.

Fucking math.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20770 on: January 24, 2011, 09:07:47 pm »

How much math do you need anyway?  If I had gotten one point better on a placement test, I would have had to take one semester of college math.  (I actually wound up taking three, because I transferred between two colleges and the new one didn't recognize the lesson plan of the old one despite the identical material, and just counted it as an elective.  Bastards.)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20771 on: January 24, 2011, 09:09:11 pm »

How exactly does it work?  I mean, is maths actually completely compulsory, or is there some weird points shit tied to it?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20772 on: January 24, 2011, 09:10:19 pm »

I need one more math, but it's the first math I haven't had some experience of in college.  We're doing this polynomial long division shit and  I still don't know what the hell logarithms are or why we need to be all f(x) when we can just say y.

Leafsnail:  Maths is 100% compulsory, at least with the transfer module I'm doing.
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20773 on: January 24, 2011, 09:16:57 pm »

=/

I'm going to go to bed so I don't have to think about the math-hate in this thread.

Also because I'm totally knackered.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20774 on: January 24, 2011, 09:19:20 pm »

How exactly does it work?  I mean, is maths actually completely compulsory, or is there some weird points shit tied to it?

I don't know how it is everywhere, but in the Texas state university system, the core requirement (for Liberal Arts majors anyway, represent) is six credit hours (two courses) of college-level math, namely algebra and whatever program it is with lots of interest calculation.  I took the calculating one my first semester, but when I transferred to another college they didn't recognize the notation and called it an elective, so I still had the original requirement.  But the new college had a test-out possibility, where if did well enough on a really short test, you could get automatic credit for one or both tests.  I got 16 out of 17 to drop the first one, and they only let you take it once.  So that sucked.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 1383 1384 [1385] 1386 1387 ... 8167