Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9494043 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #19095 on: December 26, 2010, 06:12:32 pm »

Blarg, it seems I gained about 4kg of Christmas weight.

Now to find some way of burning it off.
Give it half a day. I heard somewhere that I recall trusting that your body varies about 5kg a day from meals.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19096 on: December 26, 2010, 08:31:51 pm »

My Gifted L4D2 download is currently going at around 50 KB per second. 5000 out of 10668.9MB

SO SLOOOOOOW. I'm not really sad, but more of an annoyed thing.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19097 on: December 26, 2010, 08:45:26 pm »

Really, I'm sure most of us try to project a slightly different view of ourselves than we do in real life.

I'd say that the main difference is that online, I talk more, you can't see me fidget, and you don't have to deal with my changing topics mid-sentence or forgetting which language I'm supposed to be speaking at any given moment.

Personality-wise I'm almost completely the same.

This makes me very sad. I am an INTJ. (78, 62, 100, 11). :(
Sad buddies!

I think it's the J that gets to me.  The only people I know who go "hurr hurr I'm an INTJ and BETTER" scored between 80 and 100% on the J.

And yeah, I do get along with you guys, so maybe it's just the insecure arrogance that makes me so annoyed.  It could just be an individual thing, rather than a typology thing.

The next person who shows up and says "Heeeeey, Vector!  There was this girl over here recently who is just like you but outgoing, and she's sooo pretty, and she even TALKS like you, and she got a full free-ride scholarship to X college, and she's SO TALENTED and she plays every musical instrument ever" is going to get its face broken.

Just because you're female, wear glasses, and your mouth can form the words "Math is beautiful" does not mean you are like me.  First off, I do not use the word "math."  I prefer "mathematics," as unvoiced velar stops and voiced bilabial nasals just make my fucking Christmas every day.  Second off, my time spent not talking to people and spacing out allows me to spend time actually, you know, studying and thinking about math problems.  Third off, the probability of a senior in high school actually having any idea as to what math is beyond a couple of little fanciful computations and the regurgitation of Euclidean geometry is pretty much zero.  She might.  All the same, one afternoon with such an individual does not an appropriate assessment make.

As you may have guessed, my pride has been piqued.  I'm my grandmother's granddaughter, not this lout.  She can make do with me.

And, before anyone says "Are you sure you aren't exaggerating, Vector?  Surely you aren't reading something into this?"

No.  My grandmother does this to people.  At least my uncle had the good grace to interject "Yes, she's beautiful and talented, and that's why she reminds us so much of you."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19098 on: December 26, 2010, 08:45:44 pm »

Getting hit by a hard snow storm.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #19099 on: December 26, 2010, 09:04:04 pm »

This makes me very sad. I am an INTJ. (78, 62, 100, 11). :(
Sad buddies!
I think it's the J that gets to me.  The only people I know who go "hurr hurr I'm an INTJ and BETTER" scored between 80 and 100% on the J.
I'm actually confused as to where the 'Judging' came in. I usually try not to judge people in the sense that I like/dislike them based on their beliefs, attributes, et cetera, but maybe the test implies a different form of the word.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19100 on: December 26, 2010, 09:15:34 pm »

Judging-perceiving is basically about whether you prefer to show the world your decisions or your openness to new information more.

So, a person high in J has a life plan, knows what they're doing, prefers structure, etc.

A person high in P is curious, open to new ideas, and more flexible.  They like making decisions last-minute.

So I guess P's often think of J's as stuffy and close-minded, and J's think of P's as erratic, eccentric, and waffly.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #19101 on: December 26, 2010, 09:23:32 pm »

Well that explains why I was near the center, then. I'm entirely prepared for college even though I'm still in high school, but on a day to day basis I like to do random stuff like playing DDR in an unused classroom with my friends that also have a couple free periods. (The days when college is on break but high school isn't can be tedious.)

So I guess I'm a long term J and a short term P.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19102 on: December 26, 2010, 09:27:59 pm »

I don't care how the future plans with anything, I just go along with it.

Kinda like falling down stairs.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19103 on: December 26, 2010, 09:34:31 pm »

Can't seem to get SCIM working.
I got it working before, why not now?
D:

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19104 on: December 26, 2010, 09:36:16 pm »

It's half two and I'm still wide awake.
Why, internal clock? Why?
*Hugs*

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19105 on: December 26, 2010, 09:36:38 pm »

I don't care how the future plans with anything, I just go along with it.

Kinda like falling down stairs.

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19106 on: December 26, 2010, 09:38:58 pm »

When you take "Stairs" as a metaphor for life, that is actually very prophetic.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19107 on: December 26, 2010, 09:45:31 pm »

The path of life.  Could be down, could be up, could be spiraling out of control...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19108 on: December 26, 2010, 09:45:55 pm »

Judging-perceiving is basically about whether you prefer to show the world your decisions or your openness to new information more.

So, a person high in J has a life plan, knows what they're doing, prefers structure, etc.

A person high in P is curious, open to new ideas, and more flexible.  They like making decisions last-minute.

So I guess P's often think of J's as stuffy and close-minded, and J's think of P's as erratic, eccentric, and waffly.

My understanding is J's is preference for decision-making and absolution, where P is preference for information-gathering and flexibility. 

So people with a really strong J preference tend to make decisions based on whatever thought first pops into their head, and are unlikely to deviate from that original decision unless presented with a really strong motivator to do so.  Usually, this results in appeal to authority or tradition, as these are what people are likely to think of first.

The stronger a person's P preference, the more likely they are to change their mind frequently about things and consider larger breadth of information.  As 100% P myself, I don't believe in any absolutes, and there are only a couple ideas I'm really bullheaded about.  Otherwise, I spend most of my time explaining to people's perspectives to each other without taking sides much, because I can usually understand anyone to at least some extent.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19109 on: December 26, 2010, 09:51:45 pm »

The next person who shows up and says "Heeeeey, Vector!  There was this girl over here recently who is just like you but outgoing, and she's sooo pretty, and she even TALKS like you, and she got a full free-ride scholarship to X college, and she's SO TALENTED and she plays every musical instrument ever" is going to get its face broken.
Wow, what a coincidence!  She said she'd break my face if I compared her to that girl I met on the internet one more time!
Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 8167