Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1243 1244 [1245] 1246 1247 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499553 times)

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #18660 on: December 19, 2010, 09:23:13 am »

There's a reason why lots of scientists don't express skepticism towards man-made global warming.

(Hint: It has to do with the social and work-related ostracisation of those who do.)

I think we've reached that threshold at this point.
Well fuck.

And I just made a post advocating caution. Napalm has been thrown on the fire.
And I just know that people are gonna be up in arms after this has been resolved because they feel nothing in there was enough for moderator intervention.

What happened?
It sucks that I'm always asleep, when the forum is at it's peak of activity.
The Worst Gamer made a thread where he argued that idiot criminals and people disinterested in having children shouldn't be allowed to have children. Queue maybe a dozen or so people flaming him and making death threats. And then it managed to go even further downhill, and vanished.

My mom believes in a religious guy who says advanced civilization existed before the Great Flood. Not only that, she backed this up by saying "He wasn't the only one who believed that. The History Channel also did documentaries about it."

Sigh.
Tonight on the Educational Channel...
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18661 on: December 19, 2010, 09:40:30 pm »

Been up since noon Friday (or I guess 11am if you count the timezone jump since then), still up at almost 10pm Saturday. Normally this relatively mild lack of sleep wouldn't bother me but I drank heavily Friday night, then stayed up and packed and went home, and spent all day at a family event keeping an eye on my little cousins while tired as hell. And now my parent's place is way too hot to sleep, though I'm dead exhausted.

My mom believes in a religious guy who says advanced civilization existed before the Great Flood. Not only that, she backed this up by saying "He wasn't the only one who believed that. The History Channel also did documentaries about it."

Sigh.
Tonight on the Educational Channel...

god damn it i was so disappointed when that wasn't a link to double down man

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18662 on: December 19, 2010, 10:00:50 pm »

Have to wake up early tomorrow.  Damn.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18663 on: December 19, 2010, 11:14:23 pm »

My brother was supposed to come here to visit for two weeks for the holidays tonight. We got word that it's snowing over in France so he's stuck there 'till Tuesday.
 Goddamit the French. If we have any French people here I mean you no offense and we are always bros no matter what happens, but get a snow shovel and get workin'.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18664 on: December 20, 2010, 12:00:33 am »

I forgot about a band review essay thing that is due tomorrow, and now that I'm doing it I can't seem to get away from the bullshit narrator exposition voice.

I had a large run on sentence that boiled down to "people came in expecting shit, and they left seeing something AMAZING"

Why must you do this to me brain.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #18665 on: December 20, 2010, 12:13:03 am »

I think Toady deleted my Maya thread. :(
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18666 on: December 20, 2010, 12:15:47 am »

It's okay Grakein.

I will always love you, no matter what mean Mr Toady says.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18667 on: December 20, 2010, 12:20:26 am »

CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18668 on: December 20, 2010, 12:26:30 am »

It's okay Grakein.

I will always love you, no matter what mean Mr Toady says.

You're a mean one, Mr. Toad...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18669 on: December 20, 2010, 12:32:08 am »

So, I got a bank account recently, but I'm still new to this whole thing.

so anyways, last night, I wanted to deposit some cash at an ATM, and the nearest one is 15 mins away by bicycle.

so I bike over there, at around 7pm, through december weather, only to find that I can't make a deposit with just my card, I need my account number as well. I also wanted a log of the recent transactions, so I would know just how much I actually spent in rupees when I did some dollar transactions. so I biked home to get the account info, and when I get there, I see my account number printed out on the transaction log I got, so I ride right back and do the deposit, and now I'm sick because of all that riding around at night in the cold and wet.

god damn.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #18670 on: December 20, 2010, 01:08:57 am »

Huh.
... Suddenly living on the West Coast of the US doesn't sound so good.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18671 on: December 20, 2010, 01:13:09 am »

god damn.
I carry a piece of paper in my wallet. It's a grid of letters and numbers, and only I know which part of the grid holds my SS number and bank number. It isn't a straight line, so somebody can't guess all combos of some easy crossword puzzle. I never tell anybody what purpose this paper does, or even that the paper exists. A great help with less of a chance of losing everything if you drop your wallet somewhere.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18672 on: December 20, 2010, 01:15:20 am »

except.... now you've told us....

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18673 on: December 20, 2010, 01:16:29 am »

Huh.
... Suddenly living on the West Coast of the US doesn't sound so good.
Don't worry. North Korea has just single-handedly ensured that the United States, China, Japan, and South Korea will all be playing Get-Ready-To-Shoot-Down-The-Crazy-Man's-Nuclear-Weapons for the next few years.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18674 on: December 20, 2010, 01:17:35 am »

except.... now you've told us....

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN...
YOU'LL NEVER GET THE COMBO OUTTA ME. I'LL NEVER CRACK. THE SAFE IS AS GOOD AS SEALED!
Pages: 1 ... 1243 1244 [1245] 1246 1247 ... 8168